What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Um, that's what being a fan is, at least to me. Getting excited for Cowboys football and hoping and rooting for a win when the team is going nowhere in a season that ends 5-11. You mean you don't get excited for those games? Isn't that exactly the definition of a fair-weather fan?
Posters like that get excited when Dallas loses because they can talk about being right.

Half this board would rather Dallas lose and Dak play terrible than see this team win games.

starfan1

Reaction score
Im not sure that one can be a fan of this team and not enjoy this year. (I enjoy them all) . I want them to hoist the lombardi but that is not a prerequisite for my fandom and i think there are far too many fans on this site that are like that. To each their own.

What I have enjoyed most is the trolls being absent. Now i fully understand they will return with vigor on Sunday if we dont win but its apparent that there are some that this site is strictly for antagonizing and not for enjoyment. Dak being an MVP candidate has brought down the average daily post count of some and Im loving that almost as much as the season. ALMOST

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Um, that's what being a fan is, at least to me. Getting excited for Cowboys football and hoping and rooting for a win when the team is going nowhere in a season that ends 5-11. You mean you don't get excited for those games? Isn't that exactly the definition of a fair-weather fan?
I'm excited for the past games they won, I don't go overboard think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I remember Dallas going 8-8, number of times back in JG days. It wasn't as enjoyable it is now.

But the hope for better along with the draft, made it possible to look forward to another year.

So these seasons, ARE EVEN more enjoyable. Knowing where we once were.

btgboys41

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
Smart take. Totally agree.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I am curious Ronnie, (and others). How do you "enjoy" the ride? How does this "enjoyment" manifest itself? Do you skip instead of walk? Are you constantly singing happy songs as you go through your day? Do you spontaneously break into dance throughout the day?

Some of you guys are flat out nuts with the way you let both sports, and other sports fans affect your mood/attitude.

Hell of a virtue signaling thread, though. This will clear up who are the real fans, vs the unreal fans. lol

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Kind of weird how I see so many people bringing up debbie downers, negative nellies and Dak Haters.

If you haven't noticed, most of them are gone. Look around the threads. Vanished.

Misery loves comfort. Probably moved on to the Eagles. LOL

Myself, I really don't care either way. It's a message board. Take it as it comes.

I told my wife about the Eagles win and made a comment along lines of, "This may be their year."

She very quickly told me, "You say that every year!" LOL

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
I understand what you’re saying Ronnie but it baffles me why so many of our fans don’t seem to understand that this is an opinion forum where defining what “being positive“ means is impossible. Why? Because that kind of definition is also an opinion. Because some could also argue it’s “negative” to call someone else’s opinion out because it doesn’t meet someone else’s standard of “positive.”

Heres what I wish: Maybe we could allow every fan here to have their opinions about the team, the players, the coaches, the front office, ownership, etc without calling them out for not having opinions or attitudes that meet someone else’s approval.

Everyone here has opinions on our favorite team. As long as they keep it between the chalk, why does it matter?

I understand why most of us are giddy right now about the Cowboys. I love it. I also understand why some fans are waiting until the Cowboys prove they can win a divisional playoff game before throwing accolades. I respect BOTH opinions.

This is an opinion forum folks. Opinions are what makes this place tick.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
And at the end of the season, cut Dak because he would take up too much salary cap!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand what you’re saying Ronnie but it baffles me why so many of our fans don’t seem to understand that this is an opinion forum where defining what “being positive“ means is impossible. Why? Because that kind of definition is also an opinion. Because some could also argue it’s “negative” to call someone else’s opinion out because it doesn’t meet someone else’s standard of “positive.”

Heres what I wish: Maybe we could allow every fan here to have their opinions about the team, the players, the coaches, the front office, ownership, etc without calling them out for not having opinions or attitudes that meet someone else’s approval.

Everyone here has opinions on our favorite team. As long as they keep it between the chalk, why does it matter?

I understand why most of us are giddy right now about the Cowboys. I love it. I also understand why some fans are waiting until the Cowboys prove they can win a divisional playoff game before throwing accolades. I respect BOTH opinions.

This is an opinion forum folks. Opinions are what makes this place tick.
I will generally be someone that errs on the side of optimism with this team (especially when they're 10-3 and annihilating every team they play), but I understand the point of view of people taking a more wait and see approach.

Some Bobhaze wisdom for us all to live by.
:hammer:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Kind of weird how I see so many people bringing up debbie downers, negative nellies and Dak Haters.

If you haven't noticed, most of them are gone. Look around the threads. Vanished.

Misery loves comfort. Probably moved on to the Eagles. LOL

Myself, I really don't care either way. It's a message board. Take it as it comes.

I told my wife about the Eagles win and made a comment along lines of, "This may be their year."

She very quickly told me, "You say that every year!" LOL
One loss, and they will ALL be back, saying, "See, I told you so!"

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One loss, and they will ALL be back, saying, "See, I told you so!"
Why does that matter? The world is full of differences and especially differences of opinion. What baffles me is why someone disagreeing with our opinion of our favorite team is upsetting.

Another wish I have: Tell people why you disagree with their opinion and wait for it….let it go. Why do so many on an opinion forum have to agree with each of our opinions or we then become so offended we insult them, call them out, imply that they aren’t “real fans”, etc.?

One of the most powerful statements on this forum can be, “We will just have to agree to disagree.” And someone disagreeing with us doesn’t in and of itself make them a hater, a loser, or whatever dis we want to throw at them.

Sometimes it is just this simple: We disagree.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Am I wrong guys?
Even if they don't win it all, what's the point of ruining the trip to see where it goes? If a person can't enjoy watching any game other than a Super Bowl win, but they keep watching anyway, they are making a making a conscious choice to be miserable. Even the best run organizations fail to get to and win the Super Bowl dramatically more often than not.

Some claim enthusiasm & optimism is "buying the Kool-Aid and wearing blinders, but that's nonsense. Being enthusiastic and enjoying the successful steps along the way doesn't require being blind to the reality the Super Bowl isn't guaranteed.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Yeah, you are one of those that just want the world to be just so nice that you feel the need to shut your ears from others that have an opinion. Well, the world does not work that way. The posters that you have on ignore just might be able to teach you something instead of your Rainbows and Lollypops.
Not sure what “the world” has to do with my entertainment choices. The Cowboys, including this chat board, are just for my entertainment. Remember the line from the movie Gladiator? “Are you not entertained?” If the answer for me is “no”, then I turn it off. The last thing I want from my entertainment choices is to become annoyed or stressed out.

And if I want to learn something, I’ll take a class, or watch an instructional video - not engage with someone who spends most of their time complaining.

Last edited:

silvernblu

Reaction score
Maybe it’s age and maturity, but I am looking at this year with more emotional detachment. I realize none of this is really about me. I won’t be hoisting a trophy.

So I’m just about liking the guys and wishing them the best. They are the ones putting in the effort to achieve a special goal. I hope they get there. For them, not me.

silvernblu

Reaction score
there will be those who will not give credit to Dak. they will say it was the defense. or anyone could have done it. or it was a simplified offense because Dak can't run anything sophisticated. they would say it was the WRs, the TE, the opposing team choking. they will take a few plays of missed passes to say why Dak sucks and he can't read a defense because he missed a WR or a pass was slightly low or slightly high.

they will not be enjoying if that happens. they will be misreable inside. for them its Bash Dak Over Dallas is all that matters.
If anyone is still not on the Dak bandwagon then it is something bizarrely personal.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Why does that matter? The world is full of differences and especially differences of opinion. What baffles me is why someone disagreeing with our opinion of our favorite team is upsetting.

Another wish I have: Tell people why you disagree with their opinion and wait for it….let it go. Why do so many on an opinion forum have to agree with each of our opinions or we then become so offended we insult them, call them out, imply that they aren’t “real fans”, etc.?

One of the most powerful statements on this forum can be, “We will just have to agree to disagree.” And someone disagreeing with us doesn’t in and of itself make them a hater, a loser, or whatever dis we want to throw at them.

Sometimes it is just this simple: We disagree.
You almost got it right. Agree to disagree, AND put the annoying rectal brown holes on ignore. Makes it more enjoyable.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Am I wrong guys?
Some might say the curmudgeon is spouting about the curmudgeons. ;)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not sure that one can be a fan of this team and not enjoy this year. (I enjoy them all) . I want them to hoist the lombardi but that is not a prerequisite for my fandom and i think there are far too many fans on this site that are like that. To each their own.

What I have enjoyed most is the trolls being absent. Now i fully understand they will return with vigor on Sunday if we dont win but its apparent that there are some that this site is strictly for antagonizing and not for enjoyment. Dak being an MVP candidate has brought down the average daily post count of some and Im loving that almost as much as the season. ALMOST
You’re absolutely right Star that there are some that will swoop in and try to troll people here after a loss.

Tip: Here’s how to completely shut them down: IGNORE THEM. Who cares what someone trying to goad someone here thinks? They love to bait a hook and see who is going to bite. The minute someone reacts in anger and starts throwing shade and insults, they feel powerful.

There are a few people on these boards I often don’t agree with. But since this thread talked some about “happiness”, why in the world would any of us base our own happiness HERE on an opinion forum on how many people are “negative” or not?

Big D

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
You're not wrong but I'm enjoying all of it! The team, the reactions from media talking heads, the backpeddaling and posturing of fans. The mysterious inactivity of the zone naysayers. All of it. It's great! :laugh: