What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys have the best record in the league and could have the best record at the end of the season as well. They are good enough.
They haven’t been good enough on the road. They’re 500. Because they haven’t been very good on the road they’re underdogs on Sunday.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They haven’t been good enough on the road. They’re 500. Because they haven’t been very good on the road they’re underdogs on Sunday.
The next 2 weeks are very important cause chances are we're going to have to go on the road in the playoffs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fans being Debbie Downers as much as its fans being cautious. The fan base has been burned repeatedly the past 28 years. The postseason disappointments have taken its toll on the fan base. We’re all hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. It’s going to be a very difficult road to the Super Bowl having to play on the road. The Cowboys are 3-3 on the road this season. The team has only won one game on grass this season. Without at least one home playoff game it’s going to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys to reach the Super Bowl.
No one connecting dots that aren't there are prepared for the worst. They've been living out that scenario all season long.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think it’s fans being Debbie Downers as much as its fans being cautious. The fan base has been burned repeatedly the past 28 years. The postseason disappointments have taken its toll on the fan base. We’re all hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. It’s going to be a very difficult road to the Super Bowl having to play on the road. The Cowboys are 3-3 on the road this season. The team has only won one game on grass this season. Without at least one home playoff game it’s going to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys to reach the Super Bowl.
we agree!!!

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
that's very altruistic of you, though presumptive as all hell,,, lol

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
I've always thought this. I feel bad for people that can't enjoy a season in its entirety because one day Dallas will break through and win it all, but they will wake up the next morning and realize all they did was think their team wasn't any good all year. While they could have been enjoying the season and the build up to the big game, they were mindlessly negative.

I think most people do this as a form of emotional defense. You can't be sad or disappointed about something not happening if you convinced yourself there was no chance of it happening in the first place. I think this is no way to live life in general, but it is a frame of mind I think many on this board have.

It really is not that hard to be excited and hopeful about something, but not let it absolutely tear you up if your expectations aren't met, especially when the thing in question is as trivial as sports team.

I think that is a pretty lame way to spend a season watching your team. We only get so many trips around the sun, so personally I am going to try and enjoy every Cowboys season to the fullest.

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Am I wrong guys?
This!

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I put those who are consistently Debbie Downers on my “ignore” list. So, I don’t get to see their negativity, and don’t care at all if they enjoy the season. I totally suggest blocking those who constantly gripe about the team, the ownership, or the quarterback. Why even engage with those people at all? Life is too short to deal with consistent negativity.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I put those who are consistently Debbie Downers on my “ignore” list. So, I don’t get to see their negativity, and don’t care at all if they enjoy the season. I totally suggest blocking those who constantly gripe about the team, the ownership, or the quarterback. Why even engage with those people at all? Life is too short to deal with consistent negativity.
Yeah, you are one of those that just want the world to be just so nice that you feel the need to shut your ears from others that have an opinion. Well, the world does not work that way. The posters that you have on ignore just might be able to teach you something instead of your Rainbows and Lollypops.

Praxit

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
..not wrong, Ron. I do my best to avoid those certain posts.

Sometimes its almost bizarre with the negative nuances they come up with.

Even after a win.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, the Cowboys could have never won a game this season and you would still get excited. You should actually apply for the Rowdy position.
Um, that's what being a fan is, at least to me. Getting excited for Cowboys football and hoping and rooting for a win when the team is going nowhere in a season that ends 5-11. You mean you don't get excited for those games? Isn't that exactly the definition of a fair-weather fan?

jujoboys

Reaction score
I was debbie downer after the loss to the 49ers. Being 3-2 with a loss to the Cardinals and a beat down by the 49ers knocked a lot of the air out of me. However, it didn't take me long to recover. A win against the Chargers the next week got me rolling again. Even the loss at Philly didn't get me down again because I felt like we could get them when we played them in Dallas. I have been riding high and happy for the last 8 weeks. So far this has been the best i have felt about the Cowboys in a long time. Just enjoying the ride. I'm thankful every day that McCarthy gave Kellen the boot and took over the offense. We now seem to have legit coaches on both sides of the ball and special teams.