What if Tyron Smith is healthy again in December?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You greet him with a smile & tell him you are so happy to see him healthy. Then you ask him how he plans to spend his time in retirement. Do whatever you can to ease his transition. It's time for both sides to move on.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
So what if OT Tyron Smith is healthy again in December ?
As Jerry claims the club is optimistic he'll be.

Sure Tyron is a future Hall of Famer when he retires, but what will be the game plan at starting LT when he supposedly is healthy again ?

Does he get his starting LT job back, and we move Tyler back to LG ?
Or does Tyron become the swing tackle -even over Jason Peters ?

i wouldn't think so with Tyler playing and developing so very well at LT.that the club
would want to change that role.

Does Jerry value Tyron that much that the current dynamics could change ?

If Tyler continues his strong play I’m guessing you’ll see Tyron get some reps to keep Tyler fresh but I’d think the job is Tyler’s now.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Tyler Smith has shown himself the starter so if there are no injuries, expect Tyron Smith to be relegated to a reserve role.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You're probably right about that, and them playing Tyler at LT points in that direction. Tyron is an elite LT. If he's healthy, he plays LT. If they expected that coming down the road, or into the future, they would be putting Tyler back at LG when Peters comes in full time so he wouldn't be switching again when Tyron comes back.
We just have to remember that live NFL is not comparable to Madden NFL. Also, the only position Tyler will play while he is in Dallas in LT. What that means for Tyron's future I dont know.

Tyron has put his future physical lively hood on the line for the organization and his teammates; I personally hopes he retires and Jerry puts him on the payroll for a coaching position that no one has ever heard of before.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
He's a relatively young man. Hoping the best scenarios for him.

One serious injury after another; time to think about the future and being able to walk in a straight line
without implements and a pillbox.

You know how some athletes think that their fire never goes out.

With his history, it's a boxer's delimma.

God bless him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Put him in as guard ..... If Peters can do it Tyron can too, let them split reps to keep both fresh

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

Sure Tyron is a future Hall of Famer when he retires, but what will be the game plan at starting LT when he supposedly is healthy again ?

i wouldn't think so with Tyler playing and developing so very well at LT.that the club

He’s great enough to deserve his job back. Move Tyler to gusrd a d watch the line dominate like 2014

CoachD

Reaction score

He won't be end of thread,

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It shouldnt be up to him. Id let him be the swing tackle at best but he needs to retire.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He's relatively still young and his contract isn't that bad. Weird injury with the hamstring, not back related right?

How long is he signed for? Backup/Swing tackle or guard and the end of this year if he comes back.

Next year, work him out at center :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Tyler Smith continues to progress they’ll leave him in regardless if Tyron is ready to return in December. He hasn’t played all season so I don’t see the team putting him back in if Tyler is doing a good job.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Let's wait more than 3 games and see if we sit Tyler on an Island with no help at all on every play for a full year straight and he still does this well before we make this decision...
It's not Tyron vs Tyler and the "loser" on the bench, it's what is the best option for an OL for this team and Tyron is not playing anything other than LT if he plays, so that means Tyler moves. Stop getting so hung up on the next 10 years. If Tyler keeps earning it, the long term job is no doubt his. Doesn't mean he can't move around a little in the interim. But both play for sure if Tyron 100% and if both play that means Tyler moves because you don't move a guy who has done nothing but play LT and do it at a HOF level. We already know Tyler can do both

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Make him your swing tackle. It's not rocket science folks. He's dang good when healthy and it would ensure he isn't counted on for every game. Leave Tyle Smith right where he is so he can learn and grow. He is the future.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Move Tyler to lg. he’ll be an all pro. We already found out he can play tackle. In 2 or 3 years, move.Tyron to Rt. I personally think Tyler should be a gusrd for his whole career.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If Tyron is healthy come December, then let him play Santa at the office Christmas Party. I am sure he won't get hurt there. Just don't pickup any packages larger than a bread box.