What if Tyron Smith is healthy again in December?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So what if OT Tyron Smith is healthy again in December ?
As Jerry claims the club is optimistic he'll be.

Sure Tyron is a future Hall of Famer when he retires, but what will be the game plan at starting LT when he supposedly is healthy again ?

Does he get his starting LT job back, and we move Tyler back to LG ?
Or does Tyron become the swing tackle -even over Jason Peters ?

i wouldn't think so with Tyler playing and developing so very well at LT.that the club
would want to change that role.

Does Jerry value Tyron that much that the current dynamics could change ?
Ive never heard a negative comment from Tyron his entire time here, and bet that he wouldn't hesitate to send Steele to the bench if he can late in the season.
Nobody can know what happens on the OL throughout the course of the season, but its nice knowing that Tyron has a chance to play again this year.

ESisback

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Smith
Biadasz
Martin
Peters
?

Tyler
Peters
Biadasz
Martin
Tyron
?

Tyler
Peters
Biadasz
Martin
Steele
?

What a “problem”!

kevinhickey

Reaction score

Sure Tyron is a future Hall of Famer when he retires, but what will be the game plan at starting LT when he supposedly is healthy again ?

i wouldn't think so with Tyler playing and developing so very well at LT.that the club

Trade or release in off season.

BobSacamano

Reaction score

Romo didn’t take his job back from Dak during Dak’s successful rookie season, so why should Tyron take Tyler’s IF; and it’s trending that he will, keeps the success going?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
If things continue as they are Tyron Smith will not be back from injury this season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lmao. Tyron as LT Tyler at LG. Biadazz at center Martin RG and Peters RT… and mix and match… wow. Please run a power run game anywhere you want. Rotate all you want.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Trade him in the offseason for anything you can get. Jerry shrewdly got a 5th for Amari, so he can probably get an 8th for Tyron.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

He tore his hamstring OFF THE BONE. He ain't and should not come back or make a comeback.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

then we have options....if tyron is ready, we are in great shape going into post season

FVSTONE

Reaction score

If the O-Line is jelling then I say they throw out a little wrinkle for the league to see with a 6 man O-Line. Don't run that line all the time, but run it enough to get the tough yards! I think Smith would be better off coming off the bench..................

Brooksey

Reaction score
Keep Tyler at LT and Tyron as the Swing, give him reps at RT too.

IF he looks good sign him to a new team friendly deal

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Depends on how much money his family leeched off him, if he comes back to the NFL or not. Remember he’s the one who lost it all early and had to cut ties. Consider ourselves lucky we have another up and coming dominant LT so quickly. Appreciate all Tyron did, like Romo, Dez and the rest of em, wish they could have retired with a Super Bowl. Feels like the first generation of fan favorites in our team’s history to retire without a Lombardi somewhere.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys almost got themselves in a major bind because they refused to realize that Tyron will never be healthy again, from an NFL perspective.

If Tyron is deemed healthy enough to play again it still means that any play could be his last one for the season. That makes him undependable. At best, he could be the swing tackle for the playoffs this season.

After that, he should retire and save himself from the usual season of embarrassment that some players suffer when they don't want to believe it's over.

rags747

Reaction score
Based on the first 3 games would Tyron have been any better and how much better? I’m thinking that they are sticking with Tyler unless things quickly unravel from here.

rags747

Reaction score
Depends on how much money his family leeched off him, if he comes back to the NFL or not. Remember he’s the one who lost it all early and had to cut ties. Consider ourselves lucky we have another up and coming dominant LT so quickly. Appreciate all Tyron did, like Romo, Dez and the rest of em, wish they could have retired with a Super Bowl. Feels like the first generation of fan favorites in our team’s history to retire without a Lombardi somewhere.
I don’t remember him losing it all, I do remember Jerry getting in the middle of it all and managing his money. Tyron basically recognized the problem and put a quick stop to it if I remember correctly.