What if we had resigned Gregory and reworked Cooper's contract?

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure the Cowboys did everything they could with Cooper’s contract to try and make it work under the cap. It seems like a majority of the fans wanted to move on from him. He was being trashed a lot during the season. A lot of fans on this board wanted to move on from most of our good players except for Parsons and Diggs because they’re on their rookie deals. Fans here don’t seem to want to pay anyone. Gregory was also being trashed during the season due to some costly penalties. I don’t think the mood here would’ve changed a whole lot had we kept both players. It’s been good riddance to both from many fans, especially to Gregory due to some of his Twitter comments and the lack of loyalty he showed by pulling the rug out from under the team.
Nah. Jones wanted him gone. They weren’t trying

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah. Jones wanted him gone. They weren’t trying

I’m not convinced of that. They can’t be stupid enough to think this makes them a better team. They’ll feel Cooper’s absence next season. They just paid a receiver who’s coming off two significant injuries last season including an ACL. Gallup might not even be ready for the start of the season.

Cmac

Reaction score
.......many of us would say, the core is intact.......instead of here we go again.