What in the world is going on with this front office?

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yep. I think this is exactly what they are thinking. The holes they have they probably feel they can replace them with draft picks. That's gonna be their sell. And I don't care what rap they sell I believe they move Tyler to LT and draft a guard in the later rounds. This is what they've done for the past 10 years not sure why people think this is any different.
Not sure why anyone would think this will work.

Replace Hankins with Mazi, a guy that looked like a bust last year. But now he's going to start and be an upgrade?

Replace Armstrong and Fowler with Sam Williams? Sam Williams was part of the rotation last year. So who is replacing Armstrong and Fowler?

On offense replace Tyron and Biadasz with Bass and Hoffman or high draft pick. I think we will draft OL in the first, but would then likely have to fill the other starting position with either Bass/Hoffman. Drafting a guard in the later rounds? When was the last time that worked? We've drafted several OL on day 3 the last few years and none have panned out...Ball, Farniok, Waletzko.

Replace Pollard with I suppose a 2nd or 3rd rounder, otherwise it's Dowdle/Deuce or a jag.

Gallup being replaced by Tolbert, but Tolbert was in the rotation last year and a no show in year 1.

The only position we actually have tried to fill is replacing LVE with Kendricks. The rest is just having guys who were lower on the depth chart move up, in some cases despite showing anything yet. And then the draft, where any given year you are lucky to get 2 starters, and even then they may not be immediate starters. Otherwise it's looking at UDFA, street FA''s/waiver wire, and/or trading future draft picks to rent an aging player for a year or two.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Which would you rather have multiple 1st rd picks or a 3rd rd comp? I think we have seen enough evidence that Dak isn’t that clutch qb in the playoffs we need. This is coming from a Dak supporter.
Again you are ignoring the part about him being our QB this year Which is part of the scenario. If the team already decided they aren’t re-signing him I’m fine with trading him. You were the one talking about extending him In your OP. I’m saying we shouldn’t extend him and that we can restructure other players to sign whichever free agents we want. Now I really don’t know what you are saying.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would think this will work.

Replace Hankins with Mazi, a guy that looked like a bust last year. But now he's going to start and be an upgrade?

Replace Armstrong and Fowler with Sam Williams? Sam Williams was part of the rotation last year. So who is replacing Armstrong and Fowler?

On offense replace Tyron and Biadasz with Bass and Hoffman or high draft pick. I think we will draft OL in the first, but would then likely have to fill the other starting position with either Bass/Hoffman. Drafting a guard in the later rounds? When was the last time that worked? We've drafted several OL on day 3 the last few years and none have panned out...Ball, Farniok, Waletzko.

Replace Pollard with I suppose a 2nd or 3rd rounder, otherwise it's Dowdle/Deuce or a jag.

Gallup being replaced by Tolbert, but Tolbert was in the rotation last year and a no show in year 1.

The only position we actually have tried to fill is replacing LVE with Kendricks. The rest is just having guys who were lower on the depth chart move up, in some cases despite showing anything yet. And then the draft, where any given year you are lucky to get 2 starters, and even then they may not be immediate starters. Otherwise it's looking at UDFA, street FA''s/waiver wire, and/or trading future draft picks to rent an aging player for a year or two.
I don’t think anyone they lost is irreplaceable….

Sydla

Reaction score
Another “fan” who doesn’t know that the season doesn’t start until September. Is it due to Madden brain damage from playing so much?
Another “fan” who spouts the exact same thing every offseason and then proceeds to look silly when the team, predictably, falls woefully short again like they have for 28 years.

But sure, keep defending what they are doing. It’s been soooo successful.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Again you are ignoring the part about him being our QB this year Which is part of the scenario. If the team already decided they aren’t re-signing him I’m fine with trading him. You were the one talking about extending him In your OP. I’m saying we shouldn’t extend him and that we can restructure other players to sign whichever free agents we want. Now I really don’t know what you are saying.
Whatever they decide, they cannot be in the middle. Extend him or trade him, don't let him play out the season and risk losing everything.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone they lost is irreplaceable….
But due to sheer numbers you would have to replace some of them via free agency. Expecting any rookie outside the first two rounds to come in & be better than a vet is optimistic and that assumes you choose well in those rounds.

Barring some miracle, I see no path where the team that takes the field in September is as talented as the one that took the field last September.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The window has closed. They have to pay the bills. The dead money is killing this team.

Hard to see this team being relevant until 2026. They are rebuilding without saying that is what they are doing.

Which makes that loss to GB even more infuriating. Last year was their best shot to get something done— and they tripped over the starting line (again)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They say they don't have the money to do what the fans want this year and next. So they are doing the bare minimum this year and then next year will be maintaining the status quo by resigning our core guys who will have contracts expiring in 2025... the only hope we have of being any good this year is if we draft well.

chagus

Reaction score
I wouldnt pay Dak nuthin. He already made his bag and gave us jack squat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who replaces diggs when he doesn't have confidence in his previous injury. What will we do if Mazi is worse than last year
At least Mazi will most likely be moved back to NT. Maybe he'll be competent there.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's exactly how it works. At best we'll have roughly the same team as last year, talent wise, but with a much tougher schedule.
And no Hankins to bail us out.

Hey, at least we now have 1 real LB.

kskboys

Reaction score
The window has closed. They have to pay the bills. The dead money is killing this team.

Hard to see this team being relevant until 2026. They are rebuilding without saying that is what they are doing.

Which makes that loss to GB even more infuriating. Last year was their best shot to get something done— and they tripped over the starting line (again)
Not to say rebuilding badly.

Problem is, to commit to a real rebuild you must trade some assets to get future picks. Our refusal to do so is a big reason why we are 28 yrs w/o a super bowl run.