What is better?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Having 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks, OR having 2 first round picks and 1 second round pick?

If Dallas trades it's #11 pick down twice, stopping at pick #21 and pick #32, and picking up the second rounder from each team, that would be PERFECT!

They end up with the #20 pick, the #32 pick, the #42 pick, the #53 pick and the #64 pick.

Dallas could potentially get FIVE starters out of the first two rounds!!! What player at #11 would be better than the #32, #53, and #64 picks combined?? I don't think any one player is that good. Comments?

Imagine if a player like Mike Williams or Derrick Johnson drops to #20. As LB's go, Derrick Johnson doesn't seem like he's far and away the best LB. There's a chance an LB ranked lower than him on draft day could outdo him in the pros.

Reaction score
Imagine doing that then getting 3 more Jacob Rogers' with those 2nd rounders....not saying that would happen, but you never know. Mike Williams or Derrick Johnson will never drop to 20 either. We'll be lucky to sniff either of them with the #11.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I'd rather move down to #13 or #14 and pick up a quick 3rd, then trade out of the 1st again at #20 and pick up another 2nd.

4 picks in the top 75 is not bad either. :)

It could look something like this.....I wish

#14 DT Marcus Spears 6-4 300
#42 CB Brandon Browner 6-4 202
#60 FS Ernest Shazor 6-4 229
#75 OLB Kenneth Pettway 6-4 250

:iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles:

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I dont care how they twist and trade these draft picks,just so they dont screw up or screw us over once again. If they can move down and still get the guy or guys they want then more power to them. JUST DO IT RIGHT JERRY!!!

nathanlt

Reaction score
Here is the reason that 5 picks in the first 64 is so great. Once #20 rolls around, you can truly pick the Best Player available, whether or not it's your greatest area of need. Why, because you know that 12 picks later, you're going to get another shot. The player at your greatest need could fall 12 more spots to where you can get him. Dallas would have a pick every 10 or 11 picks from #20 to #64. Unreal if it somehow happens.

If Dallas stays with only one second rounder, then they'll gamble a little bit more on a player that is a little more raw, but has a lot of potential, and those do turn out to be busts quite often. With so many picks close together, you can go with the better player, and have a need filled shortly thereafter. To the max extent possible, fill your needs in free agency, and get teachable BPA's at every opportunity.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I don't care if the Cowboys move around during the draft day. If they can pick up a few extra thirds or maybe a second...great.

Although it is paramount the Cowboys hit on their first three picks...where ever they pick. They need to find three players who will be good contributers for the next 6-8 years....preferably difference makers with their first two. This does appear to be a draft that is more deep than filled with elite talent up front.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
I'd rather move down to #13 or #14 and pick up a quick 3rd, then trade out of the 1st again at #20 and pick up another 2nd.

4 picks in the top 75 is not bad either. :)

It could look something like this.....I wish

#14 DT Marcus Spears 6-4 300
#42 CB Brandon Browner 6-4 202
#60 FS Ernest Shazor 6-4 229
#75 OLB Kenneth Pettway 6-4 250

:iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles:

I am also a fan of the small drop, provided you aren't keying on a guy who falls to where you sit originally.

I like the drop to 14 with a 3rd gained because I expect there to be the same type of player at 14 there is at 11.

I'm not sure about the second drop. It would depend on the guys available.

Our best 2 offensive players if nbot just plain best overall came with a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick in JuJo and Witten so trading down shouldn't be a sign we can't add Pro Bowl level talent.