What is Dak's supposed "leverage"?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
he is more accurate and was the main reason they came back and beat cincinati in the Super Bowl He has a rifle of an arm.
Don't forget Dak's abysmal home playoff performances . He just does not have it my freind,. Dak is the most expensive mistake in cowboys history.
You are free to feel however you want to feel about Dak.. however this lionization of Stafford is borderline... He was the main reason they came back in the Super Bowl? Yeah he was also the main reason they were behind in the first place throwing picks like t-shirts at a basketball game. If that 49er catches the INT Stafford hit him in the chest with in the NFC Championship the Rams don't even get to that Super Bowl. He is more accurate yet has a career completion percentage much lower than Dak's. He has a lower TD ratio (4.7 to 5.2) and a higher INT ratio (2.4 to 1.9) than Dak. He has more seasons with double digit INTs than Dak has seasons played. Since they started tracking advanced stats in 2018 Dak has had bad throw percentages of 17.3, 14.8, 15.1, 14.7, 17.3 and finally 11.7 last year. In that same span Stafford bad throw percentages were 17.4, 20.8, 18.6,18.3,18,.2 and finally 19.0 last year. So please splain to me how the guy with a significantly higher bad throw percentage is "more accurate." Stafford had one great playoff run in 5 appearances... He has gone one and done in the other four. Basically he's Eli Manning with better hair.

basel90

Reaction score
You are free to feel however you want to feel about Dak.. however this lionization of Stafford is borderline... He was the main reason they came back in the Super Bowl? Yeah he was also the main reason they were behind in the first place throwing picks like t-shirts at a basketball game. If that 49er catches the INT Stafford hit him in the chest with in the NFC Championship the Rams don't even get to that Super Bowl. He is more accurate yet has a career completion percentage much lower than Dak's. He has a lower TD ratio (4.7 to 5.2) and a higher INT ratio (2.4 to 1.9) than Dak. He has more seasons with double digit INTs than Dak has seasons played. Since they started tracking advanced stats in 2018 Dak has had bad throw percentages of 17.3, 14.8, 15.1, 14.7, 17.3 and finally 11.7 last year. In that same span Stafford bad throw percentages were 17.4, 20.8, 18.6,18.3,18,.2 and finally 19.0 last year. So please splain to me how the guy with a significantly higher bad throw percentage is "more accurate." Stafford had one great playoff run in 5 appearances... He has gone one and done in the other four. Basically he's Eli Manning with better hair.
Great stats and i am not saying stafford is Brady by any means. It boils down to a few critical poinsts if you agree:

1- Stafford had a playoff run , and won a Super Bowl against with a team that had less talent overall than what the cowboys surrounded dak with. Dak has not had any run , not even a CCG appearance.
2- Stafford has a cannon of an arm and in clutch games , it makes a huge difference.
3- Stafford 3 years ago would have saved 25-30 million as the rams signed him for around 24 million.

We have been stuck , and will be stuck with him , and i will remind you after this season that he is an ultra expensive JAG QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
When it comes to stuff like this, I try to stay away from career stats. Everyone has watched both QBs play and know that Stafford, like Romo, are more reckless than Dak. However, I think they both have a higher ceiling, but lower floor in general.

Stafford was on the Detroit Lions most of his career. Stafford has been on as many good Lions teams as Dak has been on bad Cowboys teams. So comparing career stats is folly. Does Dak put up those numbers on the Lions for 12 years? Not a chance.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When it comes to stuff like this, I try to stay away from career stats. Everyone has watched both QBs play and know that Stafford, like Romo, are more reckless than Dak. However, I think they both have a higher ceiling, but lower floor in general.

Stafford was on the Detroit Lions most of his career. Stafford has been on as many good Lions teams as Dak has been on bad Cowboys teams. So comparing career stats is folly. Does Dak put up those numbers on the Lions for 12 years? Not a chance.
Fine ignore the career stats and just look at the last three seasons when Stafford has been on a Super Bowl team playing with a receiver that won the triple crown and another who was rookie of the year. Even looking at that timeframe Dak's numbers are better. Better completion percentage (roughly 68% to 65%) , better TD/INT ratio (96:34 vs 75:33) , better won/loss record (31-14 to 24-15). Again that's not career.. that's the last 3 seasons when one guy was playing a Super Bowl contender while the other played for the Cowboys. I'm not here to tell anybody that "Stafford sucks" or anything so childish. What I AM here to say is by any objective measure, Dak has been better over the course of their careers and even the last three seasons, eliminating Stafford's abysmal stint in Detroit. Stafford has a better arm. Great. But he is not a better football player. He's had one magical postseason run. Again, he's Eli Manning.. with better hair.. Or maybe you like Joe Flacco as a better comp?