What is it about the Cowboys that makes you want to cheer for them?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Turning my back on the cowboys, would be like turning my back on Tom landry roger staubach ,bob lilly and the rest of my childhood heroes..no matter what this team has become,it's those men that have helped form my allegiance to the cowboys.
And Staubach , Lilly, Dorsett , Pearson, Tripletts and many others still frequent the stadium attending games and supporting the Star.

Supporting our team and the representing the brand doesn’t necessarily translate to supporting our dysfunctional ownership.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fans since 1981. I went to my very first Cowboy game that year. Loved them ever since.

I view it like I do my children. They can disappoint me at times. They can make horrible decisions. They can do things that make me crazy. Yet, I still love my children dearly.

leeblair

Reaction score
Many of those guys we grew up watching are loyal to the Cowboys this era as they are often at Cowboy games and supporting events.
They are there because it's their heritage, but I bet they aren't proud of what this group is doing.

plasticman

Reaction score
I have been a fan for 54 years.

The first half (27 years):

14 division titles
14 conference championship games
8 Super Bowl Appearences
5 Super Bowl rings.

I wasn't spoiled. I had plenty of friends who were fans of other teams. I knew I was fortunate.

I promised myself that I wouldn't be fair weather fan, I felt as though I owed it to the team to endure the bad years just as much as I enjoyed the great years.

The last half (27 years)

8 division titles

I have been on the verge. However, at this point in my life, I wouldn't know how not to be a Cowboys fan. I might lose the level of interest I have always had but if there was a Cowboys game playing, I just don't think I could ignore it. That would be my worse reaction.