What is it about the Cowboys that makes you want to cheer for them?

fivetwos

Reaction score
How often does a seven year old choose a team based on a head coach who never smiled, or ever showed any other emotion for that matter?

I was so much in awe of Coach’s class and presence. I was hooked.

Yeah sure, I had my day I suppose, but considering why I began to follow them in the first place…to now be stuck with Jerry and his party bus and stripper cages and illegitimate kids.

I can’t stand the guy with a passion that I can’t begin to describe.

75boyz

Reaction score
You pose a good question.
It started out because of Landry the man and his fedora and of course the Dodger.
Then the star and the blue/silver color scheme.

Now since some of those things don't exist , I'm limited to rooting for the stars on the helmets.

Yet even now I'm still challenged to root for some of the men who have been granted the privilege to both coach and wear that star for various reasons.

Like I said, it's a good question.
I guess I remain loyal because of the good times those 70s and 90s teams gave me as a fan.

Bout all I got.

leeblair

Reaction score
You asked me what the star represents to me , and I told you class. Don’t make things up. You don’t see our locker room, bickering, like other teams that fail. Eagles lol.
Didn't mean to make it sound different.
I just wondered if you associate the Cowboys of today with "class".
I don't, as a whole. Too much jigging, dancing, talking, and not enough backing it up.

WB1017

Reaction score
My Dad is a Cowboys fan, I therefore grew up a Cowboys fan. It also helped that they were on TV a lot and always on Thanksgiving. 40 years later, still a fan

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Making crap up still aren’t you.
I see your post on how you are not sold on dak, then jump into most dak threads and talk him up. I know after the loss you're going to ton it down and hide out for a couple of weeks then jump back on that dakchokewagon. It's all good.. "here we choke"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see your post on how you are not sold on dak, then jump into most dak threads and talk him up. I know after the loss you're going to ton it down and hide out for a couple of weeks then jump back on that dakchokewagon. It's all good.. "here we choke"
You got the wrong person.
sorry I do not live in misery as you do, making up lies.
stop.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
History. It's all I have now.

Plus maybe I have some strange psychological desire that makes me want to find sadness and disappointment every single January. Maybe I should get that checked out.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The only reason I still stick around is the memories of the way they used to be. I loved those players of the 70's, 80's and 90's. Now I just go through the motions.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
They were my dad's team and I grew up watching them with him, that's pretty much it at this point. Memories and not much else to look forward to.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you admire the Joneses?
Do you think the Cowboys franchise still personnifies the commitment to excellence that the Cowboys of the 90's and before did?
Do you think the ethics of the Cowboys players and organization are the kind you want your kids to have?
Do you still believe they are the greatest franchise in sports?
Do you simply like the colors of their uniforms?
Do you still hold out hope that they will return to being the franchise and conform to the standards that made them great?
What is it that makes you love them?
You're way overthinking this.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You got the wrong person.
sorry I do not live in misery as you do, making up lies.
stop.
I’m really surprised, somethings wrong with him. He’s over the top for some reason.