Image: What is Jaylon Smith doing on this play?

Zordon

Reaction score
Watch Jaylon. It looks like he diagnoses the play, realizes Hunt has the ball, he runs towards Hunt to make the tackle, then when Hunt stumbles around the 9-yard line, Jaylon inexplicably peaks back at the backfield instead of making the tackle.

yvmRjeP.gif

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Watch Jaylon. It looks like he diagnoses the play, realizes Hunt has the ball, he runs towards Hunt to make the tackle, then when Hunt stumbles around the 9-yard line, Jaylon inexplicably peaks back at the backfield instead of making the tackle.

yvmRjeP.gif

He is 100% more concerned about his own health than playing football. What happens here is Jaylon reads the play and knows there should be someone assigned to block him. Then, he realizes he's in the wide open so if he just holds his ground, he won't be blindsided.

This is Jaylon Smith in a nutshell. A human flesh rocket without a fuse and a limp detonator. His game is built on physicality and he's Charmin soft.

TheViper7

Reaction score
This guy makes me SICK!!!!!!!!
like seriously with this effort!?!?!????!!!!!!
This guy is something else. Ever see his IG page hes all about looking good and sharp and being a model. He disgusts me to no end!!!! I seriously hate this man. He PATHETIC. A PATHETIC kid. I say kid, hes no man

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The Jaylon obsession is becoming comical, as if he's the only problem on this defense.

You're right, man. If only there were countless other threads all over this forum about everything other than Jaylon. They should just rename this the Jaylon zone. The clueless zone would work too!

Zordon

Reaction score
He’s waiting on someone else to make the play. He needs to be benched immediately
He is 100% more concerned about his own health than playing football. What happens here is Jaylon reads the play and knows there should be someone assigned to block him. Then, he realizes he's in the wide open so if he just holds his ground, he won't be blindsided.

This is Jaylon Smith in a nutshell. A human flesh rocket without a fuse and a limp detonator. His game is built on physicality and he's Charmin soft.
Is this what it is? I initially thought he was just dumb and slow to diagnose plays. But I'm starting to think something more nefarious is going on here. Which is shocking considering how much he was lauded coming out of Notre Dame for his character. I remember Mike Mayock gushing over him during the pre-draft process and saying he was legit hurt and sickened when Jaylon got injured because of how good a kid he was.