What Is The Bare Minimum That Will Get Coach McCarthy a Contract Extension Next Offseason?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That Jane is pretty? No one has to tell me that, my eye test is good enough......... :lmao2:

C'mon Greg....what are they feeding you in Texas (lol)
All Cowboy fans should begin their day reading the DMN. It’s available online .

Be the best $2 subscription Cowboy fans ever spend .

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Not talking about pie in the sky stuff like 15+ wins and a championship…

If Mike McCarthy goes 10-7 next year with Dak missing some time to injury, gets a wild card birth & beats the Saints in round 1, and then loses at Detroit in a reasonably competitive game in the division round… could you see Jerry extending him?
conference championship win or loose.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Forbes ranking of #1. That is really all that's important. When will the rest of the fans realize this?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I tried to remain cordial with you. If you think I’m a troll you’ve really become desperate. I shouldn’t be surprised resorting to personal insults as the discussion or argument exhaust.
BS, you’ve lied about things I’ve said. Then when I challenge you to prove it, which I know you can’t because I never said it, you start crapping on me. Dude.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
BS, you’ve lied about things I’ve said. Then when I challenge you to prove it, which I know you can’t because I never said it, you start crapping on me. Dude.
You haven’t disputed anything I said yet. Only what you think I said.

And none of my comments even directly accused you personally of saying them. Try reading them again.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Likely the championship game. Would I be utterly shocked if they win 12 games or 11 games and lose a close game in the division round and he’s back? No, not shocked but beyond that I think it’s obvious the championship game is an automatic contract extension.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If Mike McCarthy goes 10-7 next year with Dak missing some time to injury, gets a wild card birth & beats the Saints in round 1, and then loses at Detroit in a reasonably competitive game in the division round… could you see Jerry extending him?
NFCCG appearance and Mike gets a two year extension I would imagine.

Anything less and he's out.

I don't know if heaping pressure like this on your HC is a great idea, but maybe it will bring out the best.

Reaction score

Massively improved running game and a promising QB being developed showing progress. Defense is tricky since they'll likely be bringing in a new guy, so,,,

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Its going to be an uphill battle to me.. to be clear, this core and HC are now part owners in the "its been 30 years..blah blah" and i think its like quicksand the longer you fight that here the more you sink...

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
superbowl appearance would be the only way I would be ok with considering him for an extension

Jayinem

Reaction score
Just make the playoffs, simple. Carrot Top went 8-8 3 seasons and still stayed a decade. Jerry doesn't want to start over with a strong willed coach, he wants a yes man and he's got one.

People are overrating Jerry's ability to move on when he should. He can't do it with QBs or Coaches.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stephen only fires Head Coaches when their contract it up. McCarthy is only under contract for 2024.

Super Bowl or he is out.

Jerry has no attachment to McCarthy like he had with Garrett.

Bigger question: Who will be the D-Coordinator for 2024?

Motorola

Reaction score

NO