What is the deal with Cooper?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When you're the #1 receiver and you get the #1 corner and the double teams consistently AND the second, third and fourth receivers are Gallup, Lamb and now an emerging Wilson, it doesn't make any sense to force the ball to anybody. If teams start singling him up watch what happens. People reading his mind from thousands of miles away are really of no consequence.
I agree. But you know these Madden and fantasy football guys want those 200 yard 2 touchdown games.....

Vanilla2

Reaction score
And when Gallup gets paid he’ll be the next to be criticized and the it’ll eventually be lambs turn. The only people we don’t criticize for the money they make are the entire reason we’re perpetually 8-8

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When you're the #1 receiver and you get the #1 corner and the double teams consistently AND the second, third and fourth receivers are Gallup, Lamb and now an emerging Wilson, it doesn't make any sense to force the ball to anybody. If teams start singling him up watch what happens. People reading his mind from thousands of miles away are really of no consequence.
I dont think teams are really game planning for Lamb yet. When they do, Cooper will have more opportunities to stretch the field

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol no he got hit hard in the head early and the foot thing will never go away , pretty sure when wasn't missed i mean Dak had near 500yards passing , we are deep , so maybe they are lettings him self sub..
Huge mistake giving Cooper a Cowboys WR record setting contract extension.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sadly (i like cooper) our WR Corps will be CeeDee + Gallup + an assormenbt of others there and there
I think Cooper could actually wind up cheaper than Gallup. Once Coopers guarenteed money is up after 2021, he will likely be willing to renegotiate his deal for more guarenteed money. This will lower his AAV.

A Cooper renegotiated contract could very well be more team friendly than a Gallup extension

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Can't get over how they traded a 1st and gave him $20M a year.

If they wanted a WR, at #27, they could've gotten DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Marquise Brown, Terry Mclauren ect.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He got his head taken off by a hard hit. Yet when Trysten Hill breaths in front of Russell Wilson it's a personal foul.

These refs are the worst and should be fired immediately.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't blame them. They didn't know they'd get Lamb and going into the season with Gallup are your most experience wide receiver would've spelled danger.
Time to shop around Cooper and see if they can get rid of his ridiculously overpaid contract.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Interesting take but for people who feel this way how are you coming to this conclusion? I think he's getting a bad rep for possibly bad body language. I have never heard anyone in this organization question his lack of caring if he wins or loses. I think don't think he's this big time go get it type guy like Michael Irvin or even Dez was but we knew that.
Yeah well body language is a decent indicator of emotion.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cooper is the least of their concerns...they need to see about fixing this defense before they touch anyone on offense.
Cooper will never be fully healthy and continue taking plays off or standing on the sidelines during late game crucial drives with the game on the line. Are you ok paying him $20 million per season for that? We could use his $100 million contract to shore up our defense.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Cooper is the least of their concerns...they need to see about fixing this defense before they touch anyone on offense.
No argument there.

I didnt start the post, just commented. I'm not a Cooper fan and I wanted his money spent on defense.

If someone thinks I'm wrong that's ok.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This dude spends more time on the sidelines during pivotal plays than I have every seen.

Is there a clause in his contract, that he only has to have one good catch per game? Sheeesh.
He's playing hurt.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This dude spends more time on the sidelines during pivotal plays than I have every seen.

Is there a clause in his contract, that he only has to have one good catch per game? Sheeesh.
Moore benched Coop & Gallup on 4th & goal in Philly when the game/division was on the line. I still believe to this day had he not done so, Dak would have won the game having those two on the field.

Can't stand Moore!