What is the deal with Cooper?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Seem to remember that Dak was having a horrible year until we brought Cooper over from the Raiders. Dak has been a much better QB with AC on the field.
Dak is now lighting it up EVEN WITH COOPER ON THE SIDELINE.

That first half of the 2018 season simply did not have any good WRs on the Cowboys team, albeit Michael Gallup was barely a rookie. All of those other WRs are no longer on the team for a reason.

GMO415

Reaction score
This isn't about Cooper. It is about the coaching staff's strange player rotations and substitutions yesterday. Wilson and Brown got a ton of snaps.

Maybe this is just what we are going to do when we play with pace early in the season. Regardless, Copper, Lamb, and Gallup all were on the sidelines a bunch. On the D, DLaw was clearly on a snap count but none of the WR have injuries, so it will be interesting to see what McCarthy has to say about this. I suspect everyone's conditioning isn't 100% without preseason, so this might be necessary for a few more games.
Glad there's a seamless transition into the MM era.... hahaha.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When you're the #1 receiver and you get the #1 corner and the double teams consistently

Always gotta normalize receiver production by the *attention* defenses give them.

Cooper is our best receiver, and it's not close.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Although Coop doesnt have any TDs im looking at his stats and watching the games.. I'm guessing some of us forgot about that great catch in ATL but whats wrong with these fans.. do we not have moderators on this board?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cooper is just a laid back dude. People need to get over his low-key manner. I attended an instagram video chat he hosted with fans one night and found him to be an intelligent, thoughtful young man. He took fan questions and gave very thoughtful answers. He is a master technician at his craft and has played through pain that would send most people to the ER. Everybody on your team doesn't need to have their hair on fire to perform. You need some cool guys too. Cooper is cool.

GMO415

Reaction score
Cooper is just a laid back dude. People need to get over his low-key manner. I attended an instagram video chat he hosted with fans one night and found him to be an intelligent, thoughtful young man. He took fan questions and gave very thoughtful answers. He is a master technician at his craft and has played through pain that would send most people to the ER. Everybody on your team doesn't need to have their hair on fire to perform. You need some cool guys too. Cooper is cool.
Not doubting your observation, but the man's paid to make plays. He's paid to be a #1 WR, and the dude's on the sidelines with shhhh on the line.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not doubting your observation, but the man's paid to make plays. He's paid to be a #1 WR, and the dude's on the sidelines with shhhh on the line.

Guys get banged up.. It's football. Give me a close to 100% Cedrick Wilson over a gimped up Cooper anyday. Even after he took the shot to his head he still came back and played but I suspect over time that hit caught up with him. He is lucky the concussion guy didn't come after him. If he had we might be getting to see the Cowboys without Cooper this Sunday.