CZ POLL What is the max per year average contract amount you would offer Dak?

What is the max per year average contract amount you would offer Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
I remember thinking that when Romo was negotiating his last deal, his friends should have been telling him to get out. As it turned out, they surprisingly *had* a chance in 2016, and surprisingly again (to me at least) didn't give it to Tony.
But being a Cowboy likely had a lot to do with his announcing deal. He made out financially.
Dak will make out ok financially too. Doubt that he'll get a 2016 team ever again, though. Much like Tony, really. Probably will have his best team around him his first year starting.
Tony had TO, Glenn, and Witten. Jackpot. *And* a defense. Dak had 3 All Pro olinemen and and All Pro RB, and an All Pro Lee. Never gonna match that again. Since then no one but Zach has made All Pro.

Think about what was the driving force behind 2016. It was the offensive line. We had an aging Witten, TWill, Dez, Beasley, and of course, Zeke. Not exactly the greatest show on turf. That offensive line made everyone look good. Even kept that defense off the field.

khiladi

Reaction score
Would have won it all with Romo.

I thought Jerry couldn’t top the stupidity off hiring Jason Garrett and sticking with him and yet, there we were.. and now we are paying for the loss of Romo and burning bridges with Callahan, the guy who built our kind and RG, with a completely deteriorated OL and RG.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Jerry couldn’t top the stupidity off hiring Jason Garrett and sticking with him and yet, there we were.. and now we are paying for the loss of Romo and burning bridges with Callahan, the guy who built our kind and RG, with a completely deteriorated OL and RG.

2016 was the best year for this OL. Callahan had already moved on.

khiladi

Reaction score
2016 was the best year for this OL. Callahan had already moved on.

True, but it was basically his line that he developed and the RG and zone-blocking schemes BC built.

He’s done the same thing in Cleveland in one year and there version of “Dak” made the playoffs in a much tougher division.

DFWJC

Reaction score
yup ive moved from big dak fan to on the fence and now about to slide off the other side because hes holding our team hostage , if 35 mil and 110 mil guaranteed and jerry asking for 5 years for team stability isnt enough for him, hes not my guy.. a qb rated 6-10 holing out for top 2 money and top 5 isnt enough smacks of greed..he has every right to get all he can but at some point enough is enough..

Tuesday cant get here fast enough, curiosity on a deal or which tag and how long dak holds us hostage by not signing the tag is nerve racking..
The only thing that is certain is that at a minimum, by Tuesday, Dak will be tagged.
At a maximum, and I would assume less likely, he’ll sign a new deal.
Thats really just the starting point, unfortunately.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will not say Romo would have led the team to a championship in 2016. What I will say is the exact same thing I have said since 2016:

No rookie quarterback has ever led his team to either a Super Bowl appearance or Super Bowl win.

That was true then. It is still true today.

There were several factors why Dallas' postseason ended that season. Blame directed at Prescott should be at the bottom of that list. That said, there is no way of knowing for certain what could have happened if Romo had been inserted into the equation.

And for all the "Romo would have choked!" and "Romo would have ended up a quadriplegic!" critics? Fine. Romo was willing to take either risk. Jerry Jones (and Jason Garrett) could have taken a different gamble. Romo could have been yanked if any sign of choking surfaced. That is what a supposed good head coach should do. Prescott could have also stepped back in if Romo had been taken off the field on a stretcher. Injuries. Happen. In. Football. (RE: See last season).

Whatever. Jones played the long odds. It is 2021 now. The strangest retrospect of Jones' quarterback decision is how much of the euphoric support OF the decision has gotten corrupted in the years that followed. Some people thought Jones made the right decision and supported him for doing so. Now? Not so much.

Maybe there would have been a different perspective taken back then if the obvious realization Jones was making a long-term commitment to the position had dawned on some people. Or maybe not. I still remember the psychotic mantra...

"You can't mess with the chemistry!!!"

lol

sigh

/rant

Flamma

Reaction score

I would have been worried about Atlanta. Even more than the Patriots. Their offense was ridiculous that year.

Only letting Romo have one drive in the last game of the season was for one reason only. Do teams normally protect their backup like he was a starter in situations like that? I don't think so.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have been worried about Atlanta. Even more than the Patriots. Their offense was ridiculous that year.

Only letting Romo have one drive in the last game of the season was for one reason only. Do teams normally protect their backup like he was a starter in situations like that? I don't think so.
Romo would have never stepped on the field as a backup during the Eagles game if either Jones or Garrett thought Romo's injury risk was remotely as severe as some of his critics believe. Not even for a single snap.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Doubtful. They would've come up short for the same reason they usually have in recent playoff years - defense.

Green Bay scored 34 points. Was Romo going to put up 40? Even if did, the GOAT was waiting in the SB.

Dallas' defense vs Brady in a SB? I don't think so. That's assuming Ryan didn't shred them in the CCG.

Flamma

Reaction score
Romo would have never stepped on the field as a backup during the Eagles game if either Jones or Garrett thought Romo's injury risk was remotely as severe as some of his critics believe. Not even for a single snap.

I wasn't suggesting it was injury related. I was suggesting it was QB controversy related. If Romo comes in and tears the Eagles a new butthole, then what?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't suggesting it was injury related. I was suggesting it was QB controversy related. If Romo comes in and tears the Eagles a new butthole, then what?
The decision was made. Romo could have thrown for seven touchdowns in a meaningful game, which that particular game was not. It would have changed nothing. Jones is notoriously steadfast in his decision-making, unless it had anything to do with Tony Banks. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do not create call out posts.

Click the word 'vote' for each of the polls' options for a list of participating members instead.

Thread re-opened.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

I thought it was Garrett's decision? Anyway, if it was JJ, then Garrett was not the coach. This was a team ready to go, and Romo wanted to come back and asked Garrett if he could at least compete with you know who. Nope. Let's wait until we are getting ready to lose the division and you can come and play with the team and score a TD right away.

When your medical team clears you to play and you know you have the veteran on the team instead of a rookie that everyone loves in the locker room, then you screwed that all up. Romo was a warrior...he took his lumps and was willing to do it again with one hell of a team. Nah...let's let the 4th rounder save the day.

The curse of the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re intolerant of differing opinions, much like most of the country. You fit right in. Don’t worry. There is no
Counter argument to it.
Cowboys dont have a chance at what exactly?

If its playoffs then its nonsense. If its contention, then I also think you are short sighted. If its a SB win, well then we can all agree its a long shot.

But the honest truth is that the Cowboys have done several big things wrong, but they have also done plenty of things right.

Garrett and Marinelli are no longer here so we are no longer dragged down by bad coaching. Nolan didnt last long.

We have a top 7-5 QB in his prime with great weapons on offense. Probably have a top 3 offense. last years draft was great and we did add some good young defensive talent. If we can add two more quality starters on defense this year in the draft and a veteran the defense could be middle of the pack or better. Cap space is on the horizon as we move on from Zeke and Jaylon in the next two years.

The problem with the Cowboys have been stacking they seem to be hit or miss on draft day. They need to stack 2 or 3 great drafts in a row together in order. Is that impossible?

visionary

Reaction score
Tag and trade

I’m not paying him big bucks

he’s shown me he will hold himself above the team abd will hold out for the last dollar
We’re not gonna with with him

Status
Not open for further replies.