What is the one thing you can't tolerate driving?

Hardline

Reaction score
Here’s one that people that don’t ride bikes should understand.

If you’re driving and coming to a four-way stop and you arrive at apx. the same time someone on a bike is coming from another direction, let the person on the bike ride through first.

Why?

Because it will take longer for you if the person on the bike has to stop and then startup again and you have to wait for them to get up to speed and pass before you go.
As a Harley rider I agree.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here’s one that people that don’t ride bikes should understand.

If you’re driving and coming to a four-way stop and you arrive at apx. the same time someone on a bike is coming from another direction, let the person on the bike ride through first.

Why?

Because it will take longer for you if the person on the bike has to stop and then startup again and you have to wait for them to get up to speed and pass before you go.
But bicycles have to obey the stop signs too, so why would someone sit at a stop sign and wait for the bicyclist to get there, then assume he's going to run the stop sign?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree that pedestrians should always use common sense just for the sake of self preservation, but it is the driver’s responsibility to yield to them at crosswalks. It’s the driver’s responsibility to be aware of the environment (e.g. stop signs, traffic lights, bike lanes, pedestrians path/crosswalks, et cetera).

I am obviously not talking about crosswalks or properly designated areas. You are already coming to a stop in that situation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, they (bicyclists have to obey laws) sure do. There’s the law and there’s what’s practical.

If I’m on my bike and I get to the stop before a car (coming from a different direction) I go right through the stop (presuming there’s no other cars waiting). It’s almost out of a courtesy to the guy in the car so they don’t have to wait for me to slow to a stop and then peddle back up to speed.
Oh I see. It sounded like the car was getting there slightly ahead of the bike in the other post. If the bike is getting there first, okay, then I can see it.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
What about those people that rudely nudge their way over in traffic and don't even look. "I'm sticking my nose out there and hoping for the best. " lol!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Ah, I have good one.

People that try to bypass waiting in a long off-ramp exit by driving all the way to the front of the line and forcing their way in.