What is the real reason for trading Amari Cooper?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did he see Collins through? Jaylon Smith?

The stats or the contract did him no favors at all.. on top of calling out the QB. Then there's the other issue. All of those things no doubt played a part.
I believe you nailed it.

817Gill

Reaction score
I think it was clear that his anti-vaxx status and subsequent positive test that forced him to miss 2 games gave Jerry the scapegoat he was looking for for the late season flameout. Add in the chance to save some $$ and off he went for absolutely nothing. The worst move I can ever recall.
The worst move you can ever recall lol? How long have you been a fan?

If your team is 6-2 the season after “the worse move ever” then that team must be a juggernaut.

817Gill

Reaction score
A lot of people just speculating in this thread but I guess that’s what this is for. Just weird how so many people feel like they know.

When it comes to Dak not wanting Coop, Tad Prescott literally tweeted that he was pissed they let go of Amari. You think Dak wanted him gone but his brother tweeted the opposite?

Dak and Coop rejuvenated eachothers careers and no one can dispute that. Did the fake black Kirk Cousins tweet really fool that many people? Just saw a poster use that fake tweet as evidence lmao what has happened with our sourcing and research skills folks?

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Bro this is a parody lmao this didn’t actually happen. I hope you posted that link in jest lol the tweet referenced isn’t even from a real account lol.

Parody media gets non-Twitter users every time lol

There's a couple nitwits on this board who enjoy parroting this fake story, as a shot on Dak. It's unbelievably stupid.

817Gill

Reaction score
There's a couple nitwits on this board who enjoy parroting this fake story, as a shot on Dak. It's unbelievably stupid.
It’s crazy. Do y’all really think one or two low followed Twitter accounts are reporting this while every major news outlet completely ignores it?

At first you think maybe people just have zero discernment skills with this stuff. Then you start think there’s no way, this has just gotta be a personal dislike thing.

Reactions: CWR

Big_D

Reaction score

It doesn't even matter at this point. Real or fake.. the team besides that had more than enough to make the call. If fans want to source "The Onion".. have at it. Whatever makes them feel better!

CWR

Reaction score
It’s crazy. Do y’all really think one or two low followed Twitter accounts are reporting this while every major news outlet completely ignores it?

At first you think maybe people just have zero discernment skills with this stuff. Then you start think there’s no way, this has just gotta be a personal dislike thing.

It clearly is, and has been used as ammunition multiple times.

The rumor broke several days after the 9ers loss. In fact I think it was 2-3 weeks. These fools are trying to tell us Coop outed Dak in a crowded locker room and we heard nothing from team or media for that period of time.

Simple logic would clue in most people, to the fact it would've been all over ESPN that freaking evening.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“I don’t know why there’s a certain part of this fan base that every time we let a guy go” they feel the need to cut him down, minimize him, and try to paint the picture that they’re a lesser player because they’re no longer here.

While the Cowboys’ own actions prove us right.

If Cooper was adequately “replaced “, why were the Cowboys trying to trade for Cooks?

If Cooper was adequately “replaced”, why are they talking about signing Odell Beckham?

None of your claims line up with reality.
I think they thought his production wasn't worth the price, and now that they see they are going to need someone, they're trying to replace him at a lower cost.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Look at Cooper's stats this year then look at Ceedee's...
lets judge cee dee at the end of the year.... any wr playing games with the back up wrs dont look so good. If Allen is out in Buffalo this week, lets see how those Wrs look this weekend.

CWR

Reaction score
It doesn't even matter at this point. Real or fake.. the team besides that had more than enough to make the call. If fans want to source "The Onion".. have at it. Whatever makes them feel better!

Yeah if you want to parrot lies have at it? I guess whatever supports the Dak sucks agenda is cool, true or not.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Cooper didnt have 1k yards last year and was due to make 20 million. No WR that doesnt even crak 1k yards is worth that kind of money.

They did not like how he disappeared, they did not like how he chose to miss games over not getting vaccinated.... they chose to move away.

I havent thought about him all year. Not sure why so many in here are so worried about Cooper? We have 2 losses so far this year. You think we would have won either of those two games had we had cooper this year? I dont.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is that why Dallas was trying to bring in a #1 wide receiver before deadline which would have been similar pay to what Amari Cooper was making?
If it was similar pay, they probably would have replaced him by now.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I know this was a Fisher story, but other media also reported that the Cowboys soured on Cooper after the playoff loss to the 49ers. Heard he was running half speed and not really giving much effort by the 4th quarter. Add that to his salary and everything else mentioned in this thread and it was probably time to move on.

Having said that the Cowboys should have been more proactive in finding a suitable replacement before giving Coop the boot.

Big_D

Reaction score
In terms of draft picks? I’ve heard a 2nd rounder mentioned. The players’ contract guarantees $18 million for 2023.

What held the trade back was Houston wasn't willing to eat part of the salary. So 18 million would not be 18 million.