What is the tangible problem Jerry causes this team?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
His biggest issues are the lack of accountability (to the coaching staff), his focus on the the branding aspect rather than football operations, nepotism, and his blind loyalty.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You'd probably need a coach with skins on the wall, so that the hiring itself is indicative of who's running the show. Someone to make JJ walk on eggshells again just by his hiring alone. Bill B or Harbaugh for instance would be able to change the culture here not saying that they're candidates but coach with that type of rep.
I offer you Bill Parcells.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kinda like they're doing now, under performing some years and making the playoffs in others but not really challenging for a super bowl berth.

Although I never wanted Garrett, the team was mediocre before he became the coach. Now, it seems to be acceptable.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So how are the players able to overcome Jerry to go 7-1 down the stretch and beat the Seahawks in the first round?

When has Jerry overturned discipline a coach wanted to impose on a player?

If the team was the Lions I’d agree that it’s Jerry. But winning the division many years, getting the #1 seed and just choking it away is not Jerry’s problem. Jerry didn’t make Patrick Crayton drop the slant vs NYG or DeMarco fumble in GB

It’s a convenient excuse. Not saying it’s not AN issue but it’s not THE issue.

I think his point is, no matter who is coaching, Jerry's influence is more powerful. It is more to being a Cowboy, than looking good in uniform. So the players are culpable in some ways.

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s been a lot of talk the last few days of how Jerry is interfering in how Jason wants to run the team. He says things on the radio. Well of course he does. It’s part of the teams contract with the radio station.

What does anything Jerry say have to do with Jaylon missing tackles in the open field or Maher missing kicks?

Jerry hasn’t been any different his whole career. Yet supposedly, magically when the team went on the run last year he stopped interfering?

Or when they went 13-3 in 2016 with the Romo issue which had to kill him personally he was silent but yet caused destruction in the playoff game vs GB?

Please. Talking heads are trying to find sophisticated reasons beyond rehashing the same stuff. Yes I know it came from Troy which means it probably came from Garrett. But if you’re in the NFL you’re paid to do your job.

Now if Jason wanted to cut Maher and Jerry said no then ok that’s a TANGIBLE problem. Or if he’s dictating Zeke get 25 carries a game no matter what. But there has NEVER been concrete proof he’s ever done anything to demand play calls.

The team has just been cursed by not focusing on details on every snap going back to Romos dropped hold vs Seattle. That’s a coaching and player issue not owner/GM issue because these things seem to pop up at the weirdest times like Zekes fumble vs NO. It’s not like he’s keeping guys that have a track record of this aside from Maher. That’s just because there’s no better options available.
OK, listen closely, I'll try again: JERRY HIRES THE COACHES

I have to ask, do you really not understand the structure of a business?

kskboys

Reaction score
Simply put. He undermines the coaches authority and what that authority does for the team morale and discipline.
Some "tangible" examples of this.

Rescinded fines Wade attempted to levy to instill discipline.

Fired JG's brother against JG's will.

Yanked playcalling duties from JG against his will.

Installed JG as over the D, taking away his O responsibilities. (Strange thing to do for an O coach, wouldn't you say?)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some "tangible" examples of this.

Rescinded fines Wade attempted to levy to instill discipline.

Fired JG's brother against JG's will.

Yanked playcalling duties from JG against his will.

Installed JG as over the D, taking away his O responsibilities. (Strange thing to do for an O coach, wouldn't you say?)
The evidence of Jerry involving himself where 30 other NFL owners don’t is irrefutable. The last 23 SB winning teams- hell, even the last 46 SB teams that played in the game were owned by owners who know it’s better to hire a football guy to run things than to run it themselves.

kskboys

Reaction score
The evidence of Jerry involving himself where 30 other NFL owners don’t is irrefutable. The last 23 SB winning teams- hell, even the last 46 SB teams that played in the game were owned by owners who know it’s better to hire a football guy to run things than to run it themselves.
I'm still in shock that someone is defending Jerry.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Jerry holds Garrett back, I reckon. I won't be surprised when Garrett goes somewhere else and averages 11-5.

We're going to find out soon enough. But one thing is for sure. Garrett better grow a pair before his next HC hire...

kskboys

Reaction score
Garrett still being here?
This really could not have been said any better.

Once again, how in the world do people not understand that Jerry is responsible for all, including who is coaching.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing. I wonder if Troy isn't projecting his experience with Deion getting away with murder by going over the coach's head onto today's team. Not saying that absolutely isn't happening today, but if so, which player is doing that?

Like we talked about yesterday, things have changed since the late 90s. Maybe not as much as we'd like, but they are improved. Parcells did have a positive influence. The draft people are much better with McClay over Lacewell. Stephen has more influence.

I think it's all excuses for Garrett. If he goes somewhere else, he won't be running the entire operation there, either. That's the reality in this day and age.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I have a feeling anyone needing more tangible evidence of Jerry being the problem isn't going to be satisfied until the last 23 NFCCG trophies fall from the sky and land on their head .

kskboys

Reaction score
I have a feeling anyone needing more tangible evidence of Jerry being the problem isn't going to be satisfied until the last 23 NFCCG trophies fall from the sky and land on their head .
The denials of Jerry's meddling are starting to just be funny!!!!! It's like cutting a guy's head off, but then claiming something else killed him right before his head went rolling.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tangible? How about calling out his coaching staff in NE and letting the play on the field by the players catch a break. Did Garrett fumble and throw a pick to give NE an easy 10 points?

Tangible? How about hiring the most outspoken and critical of coaching player in the league and when the HC tries to manage him as a member of the team, he intercedes and takes him to breakfast once a week. With this team, which was he empowering, the HC or that player?

Tangible? Watch that All or Nothing episode where he issues the warning to the coaches "Elliott gets a pass, he's been through a lot". Want more tangible evidence than that, check out the coaches' faces.

But the best tangible evidence is that he is such an attention ***** that takes precedence over his team. He will shine the light on another only as long as it reflects back on him brighter.

The bottom line is that he has sent the message to the players and all of the coaching staff. You might play for the HC but you work for me.

Plankton

Reaction score
What tangible problem do Jerry Jones and spawn create?
  • Jones does not allow his head coaches to have control over the hiring/firing of their staff.
  • Jones does not allow his head coach to have control over the 53 man roster.
  • Jones and spawn have weekly radio shows where they routinely undercut the messaging from their head coach, and serves no purpose to benefit the football operation.
  • Jones routinely holds a media gathering after each game where he creates more distractions for his coach and team with his stream of consciousness blathering.
  • Jones brings sponsors through practices and the locker room, which creates additional distractions for his team to deal with.
  • Jones built the team training facility in and around a business complex where it was designed to allow the community to mix with the team. While it's great for the bottom line, how does this benefit a team preparing for a game and remaining focused?
  • Jones sits in on coaches meetings, and meetings will be delayed if he's late.
  • Jones has an open door policy with his players, which blurs if not eradicates the line of authority between a head coach and his players.
Did I miss anything?

jsb357

Reaction score
if you have to ask...

facepalm.jpg