What is this team lacking?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Health more than anything.

Health, and better coaching...especially first quarter coaching. This team always starts slow, with lethargic, basic plays...on both offense and defense. Then all of a sudden, creativity and urgency starts to show, once they're losing. Moore and Quinn both must get better at game planning early in games. Sheesh!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"These people"....be careful with that terminology in stereotyping people. As for your example, Rodgers won with his running game but statistically speaking Dak wins more often when the running game is the focus and not his 32+ pass attempts per game.......that is a big difference between Dak and Rogers/Mahomes/etc. That isn't Dak hate but logic.
rodgers is a top 2 QB in the league. no one denies that. but hey at least you are comparing Dak to Rodgers.....that's an improvement

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Honestly just clean up the damn penalties and get as healthy as possible for the final 3/4 games of the regular season to make a deep run.

That concludes my Christmas list.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This team and Dak will be better again if the run game is asked to carry us and not him.

Run game vs Las Vegas:

4 yards
2 yards
5 yards
8 yards
1 yard
3 yards
5 yards
2 yards
1 yard
4 yards
3 yards
2 yards
8 yards
19 yards
1 yard (TD)
12 yards
-5 yards
1 yard
1 yard

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Health, and better coaching...especially first quarter coaching. This team always starts slow, with lethargic, basic plays...on both offense and defense. Then all of a sudden, creativity and urgency starts to show, once they're losing. Moore and Quinn both must get better at game planning early in games. Sheesh!

I posted about this last year. and maybe the year.. I really think Moore is just bad at scripting those first 12-15 plays.. Remember when Dak and Zeke first came into the league the Cowboys scored TDs on their opening drive like 10 or 11 times that first season and that really continued until 2019.. Remember what happened in 2019.. We got a boy genius for OC.. You can tell watching our opening drives that they are all about probing the defense and figuring things out as opposed to attacking. I mean if you have spent 80 hours during the week studying the opponent, why the hell do you need a quarter and half to figure out what they're doing on game day? The worst example was last Thanksgiving when the WFTs were putting Ronald Darby on Cooper one on one. The same Ronald Darby Cooper had lit up for multiple 200 yard games when he was in Philly.. As soon as I saw that I screamed send Cooper downtown!!!! But no.. we pecked away until the middle of the second quarter and then SUDDENLY we sent Cooper deep on like two drives in a row and scored on both of them.. Then we went back to not challenging them deep the rest of the day.. I mean WHAT THE HELL!!!?!?!?!?! I mean I know he's the boy genius and I'm just Joe Fan.. but damn.. sometimes we overthink stuff.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I posted about this last year. and maybe the year.. I really think Moore is just bad at scripting those first 12-15 plays.. Remember when Dak and Zeke first came into the league the Cowboys scored TDs on their opening drive like 10 or 11 times that first season and that really continued until 2019.. Remember what happened in 2019.. We got a boy genius for OC.. You can tell watching our opening drives that they are all about probing the defense and figuring things out as opposed to attacking. I mean if you have spent 80 hours during the week studying the opponent, why the hell do you need a quarter and half to figure out what they're doing on game day? The worst example was last Thanksgiving when the WFTs were putting Ronald Darby on Cooper one on one. The same Ronald Darby Cooper had lit up for multiple 200 yard games when he was in Philly.. As soon as I saw that I screamed send Cooper downtown!!!! But no.. we pecked away until the middle of the second quarter and then SUDDENLY we sent Cooper deep on like two drives in a row and scored on both of them.. Then we went back to not challenging them deep the rest of the day.. I mean WHAT THE HELL!!!?!?!?!?! I mean I know he's the boy genius and I'm just Joe Fan.. but damn.. sometimes we overthink stuff.

Exactly!! If you spent all week studying the other team, you should come out with tailor-made plays to beat them given their tendencies. We come out and run the same basic 2 or 3 plays, and then wonder why we go 3 and out. It's maddening.

And then the defense comes out and just plays straight zone, with no deception, almost BBDB.

Neither the offense or defense are in attack mode early, and thus the Cowboys often fall behind. It's like Garrett 2.0.

If I were the owner, I would demand the OC and DC attack with a sense of urgency early. Hec, I think the Cowboys should run no-huddle from Snap 1 some games, just to give the offense a pep in their step. Script some plays you KNOW will beat the defense that you've studied all week, and get them backpedaling early. Why wait until the 3rd quarter to use the whole playbook?

Moore and Quinn, they MUST be better, early. As coordinators, they're doing this team a disservice.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In your opinion , is the quarterback. Is it the defense backfield . Is it that we don’t have a great offensive line . Is it the head coach. Is it the defensive line. Is it the linebackers.

HEALTH!!!

Then a DT and another quality corner. LBer.

Section446

Reaction score
Franchise QB, nothing will change until we get it right... Also, we've go to stop paying our own players just because they're our own players.

Thomas82

Reaction score

I agree with every word of this.

Xeven

Reaction score
Good OL depth, DL.
Also lacking expert run blocking scheme.
Accurate kicker.

cowboyec

Reaction score
amari cooper
demarcus lawrence
randy gregory
neville gallimore
jabril cox
blake jarwin
terrence steele
joe philbin
mike mccarthy