What is wrong with Switzer?

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe the drugs have gotten to him?

I mean just a few weeks ago he was calling himself a great player- that is the ONLY logical explanation.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Something tells me he was being told to do that.

There's no way he would have stayed returning if it was a mess up. He was completely avoiding the ball on every return attempt

With how many bang bang plays happen on returns, I think they just took the long field.
But you're completely screwing yourself in the field position game if we don't get the first. He shouldn't be out there if we were lacking that much confidence in him being a able to hold the ball or try to stretch the play for no reason, or just tell em to run it out of bounds at a half decent angle, etc.
:huh:

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I have nothing against the kid but I don't get it. He's not even extremely fast or a burner in open space, why is he even returning kicks? Whens the last time we actually had a guy who could turn on the jets? Harris was good but he wasn't that fast at all. Lucky was fast but a bonehead.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Given the weather condition & how I don't trust him EVER on returns, I'd rather he take the knee, than get blown up & cough the ball up.
He needs a year to focus on becoming a receiver and call this a day unless he can adapt next season. Don't wanna waste a 4th...wish we would draft a real deep threat instead of these niche picks.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Blessing in disguise....imagine if he was stripped and fumbled?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
We lined up for an onside kick and 10 guys were running down the field unblocked.

Uh, yeah.
FP not being taken in consideration was what was more concerning to me and it could have bit us. Run it out of bounds, go down head first, that play was an enigma.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I think he didn't want a risk a fumble. It was raining and he was nervous. I mean, I don't blame him.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
the only thing I can imagine is he feared fumbling the wet ball and in that game situation it was better to give the ball to the offense and a running back. But heck you are a professional football player for goodness sake

At first I thought the coaches must have told him to do that because they didn't trust him to not fumble it, but then I saw how annoyed they were that he did that.