What is your favorite soft drink?

CoCo

Reaction score
jnday;4674290 said:
Hey, I know it is well intentioned. I have heard the sermons before. I have never met anyone that didn't have a few unhealthy things in their life. I am 45, and to be honest, I am not going to change. I just don't put my health as a priority. I have knew quite a few people that have dropped dead despite taking precautions with their health. I know a 84 year old man that has smoked and drank since his early teens and he is in very good shape for his age. An extra ten years of old age is not something that I worry about.

Diet, as you know, is only one factor in good health & long life. There are many others.

I won't rebut you any more though. Blessings to you.

jnday

Reaction score
CoCo;4675963 said:
Diet, as you know, is only one factor in good health & long life. There are many others.

I won't rebut you any more though. Blessings to you.

I appreciate exactly where you are coming from. I don't have a death wish or anything like that. I just don't worry about trying to milk any extra years out of life. I have several events in my life that has shaped my thinking, but I really don't care about an extra five years. I understand those that worry about taking care of themselves. I just don't share those same concerns. I look at things totally different when it comes to family and loved ones. I kinda want them to hang around for a while.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4674691 said:
If you dont think the artificial sweetners are way worse for you than natural sugar its quite obviouos you havent done your research.

Natural sugar is the only smart way to go if you need sweet. The other things are just terrible for your body, and that is fact.

I've done way more research than you have. And I know that the evidence doesn't support your arguments.

Even more information

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Sometimes I got two months without drinking sodas, but I have two favorites.

1. Dr Pepper *from a can* and the Dr Pepper has been around 32 degrees. (ice chips forming) I don't like the fountain type and if from a plastic bottle then it's just average like most other soft drinks.

2. If I drink a soft drink with pizza, it has to be Root Beer. Mugs is probably my favorite. I like Barqs too. A&W I don't care much for.

jnday

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4676311 said:
Sometimes I got two months without drinking sodas, but I have two favorites.

1. Dr Pepper *from a can* and the Dr Pepper has been around 32 degrees. (ice chips forming) I don't like the fountain type and if from a plastic bottle then it's just average like most other soft drinks.

2. If I drink a soft drink with pizza, it has to be Root Beer. Mugs is probably my favorite. I like Barqs too. A&W I don't care much for.

I wonder why there is a difference in the taste with cans, plastics and glass? I know the little glass bottle Cokes are the best I ever tasted. I remember when they only cost a dime.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
jnday;4676347 said:
I wonder why there is a difference in the taste with cans, plastics and glass? I know the little glass bottle Cokes are the best I ever tasted. I remember when they only cost a dime.

I have no idea, but it's surely some chemical reaction of sort. All I can say is if you've never drank a Dr. Pepper from a can when it's so cold that ice chips are forming, you do not know what good is! :laugh2:

Especially on a hot day. A friend of mine used to go to the park and play HR derby for hours in the heat. Then run over to this little shopping center that had a soft drink vending machine and it kept the drinks so cold that they always had ice chips in them. That was the first time I had one like that.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
I haven't drank more than 2-3 sodas per year since my late teens.

But if someone were to tempt me w/ a bottle of ice-cold Coke and a package of Tom's Peanuts, I'd be all-in!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4677574 said:
I haven't drank more than 2-3 sodas per year since my late teens.

But if someone were to tempt me w/ a bottle of ice-cold Coke and a package of Tom's Peanuts, I'd be all-in!

Corn Nuts!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
baj1dallas;4672737 said:
lol you must be a 20 year old. I used to live that sort of lifestyle in college but I ballooned up to over 200lb, lost 50 of them when I switched to diet Mt. Dew and cut out fast food. Feel tons better too, sleep better, no heartburn, back feels better, etc etc.
Do you half swelling in the ankles or nightime tingleness in your forehead?

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i44/drew_tracy/a_w_root_beer_2_l.jpg

rynochop

Reaction score
Delaware Punch, ha, dont even know if they make em anymore, cannot find them anywhere.. drank them as a kid.

Cherry Coke, DP. I know this isnt a soft drink, but if i've been doing yardwork or something sweating, i crave V8 juice poured over ice.

1fisher

Reaction score
Coca-Cola was my favorite. I made a New Year Resolution in 2009 to see if I could go an entire year without drinking one. 1,328 days later I still haven't had one.

I haven't had any carbonated beverage in that time span. I'm going to try to make it at least 4 years and maybe 5 before I drink another one.

I can imagine how hard it would be to give up cigarettes/beer/drugs/ etc. Coca-Cola was my addiction and it has been very tough giving them up. On the positive side, I've lost 15 pounds!