What is your Top 5 Worst Movies?

timb2

Reaction score
I figure we can help others not have to endure what we experienced by watching these awful movies.

1-Cry Baby( Stars Johnny Depp)
Had a star studded cast but the story is awful. The acting is over the top which I think they thought was funny.

2- Rollerball( The 2002 remake not the original in 1975 with James Caan)
This remake is awful Adam Kline is bland as the lead hero. Kline is so exciting it reminds me of watching paint drying. They changed the story of the original which had a social message to just playing a weird game with no thought process and let's include a love interest. Just missed the mark went totally over the maker's head of a story and an idea WHY THEY ARE PLAYING THIS GAME.

3- Year One (starring Jack Black)
Suppose to be a comedy,but the jokes are horrible and Jack Black dead pan looks can't save this nonsense. The story is choppy so it is confusing to understand what the funny part is suppose to be

4-Pinnochio( Starring Robert Benini)
A live action Pinnochio. AVOID IT. It's Benini just acting silly and stupid thinking that's going to get a laugh.

5-Forever Purge( Out in theaters right now)
So cheesey,so predictable,bad acting,bad script but we can save this mess with just blood & violence.FAIL.

Last edited:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two most overhyped, "Critically Acclaimed" pieces of garbage:
- Mystic River
- Crash

- Everything with Ben Affleck in it (save for Dazed and Confused/Dogma)

- Red Dawn (remake). I only watched it to confirm that it would suck. Yup...it made me angry and pissed that they had the gall to try remaking that gem.

The this one is going to bring on the flames, but award for the most overhyped "Cult Classic" goes to:
- Boondock Saints

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Freddie got fingered I liked Tom Green on his show and various movies he has been in but this one was over the top bad.

Anything by Uwe Boll.

Starship Troopers 2

Master of Disguise likes most of Dana Carveys stuff but this one was bad. Only part I liked was scene where he does Quint from Jaws.

Majority of the lame parody movies. Scary movie 2 was about the only one I liked.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#5 Exorcist II: The Heretic

glK8S58.jpg

#4 Bloodrayne

vS55kmh.jpg

#3 The Happening

2EB6ufU.jpg

Note: I stop watching M. Night Shyamalan movies with this R-rated debacle, made an exception two years later with his remake of The Last Airbender, cussed myself for doing so, and have not watched another one of his movies since.

#2 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengenance

wHjYHgH.jpg

#1 The Kindred

yHidGj3.jpg

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Battlefield Earth with John Travolta

Howard the Duck

Jack and Jill with Adam Sandler

Almost any of the late 1950's to 1960's science fiction movies. Case in point, "Santa Claus conquers the Martians"

Exorcist 2

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mystic River is good but VERY dark
so dark a LOT of people won't like it
It didn't seem too dark or anything to me. Had it not have been so hyped by Hollywood, I would've just put it in the "very meh" category and forgot about it. However, it was rolled out as the best film in a decade or something. It was Penn's Masterpiece. I was excited to watch it for Tim Robbins and the buzz about it, but it was very underwhelming. But that's just me.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Battlefield Earth(Excellent book, horrific movie)

Out of Africa(GF made me see it)

The English Patient(Tried to get through it because it won awards. Any respect I tried to have for Academy Awards swirled down the toilet after this POS)

7 Days and 6 Nights

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Two most overhyped, "Critically Acclaimed" pieces of garbage:
- Mystic River
- Crash

- Everything with Ben Affleck in it (save for Dazed and Confused/Dogma)

- Red Dawn (remake). I only watched it to confirm that it would suck. Yup...it made me angry and pissed that they had the gall to try remaking that gem.

The this one is going to bring on the flames, but award for the most overhyped "Cult Classic" goes to:
- Boondock Saints
Boondock Saints, seriously? I usually don't care much for those type of movies, but that one was fantastic. Great action, and hilarious dialogue. To each his own, but if I were going with "overhyped" movies, I'd put every Tarantino flick way ahead of this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of Africa(GF made me see it)
Here are the movies nominated by the Academy for Best Picture along with Out of Africa:
  • Kiss of the Spider Woman
  • Prizzi's Honor
  • The Color Purple
  • Witness
Out of Africa is the only film in that group that I have not been able to sit-and-watch and I have tried several times. In my opinion, Witness received the least amount of Oscar hype. I was surprised it was nominated to be frank but I would tab it if it was a choice between it and Out of Africa.

kskboys

Reaction score
Here are the movies nominated by the Academy for Best Picture along with Out of Africa:
  • Kiss of the Spider Woman
  • Prizzi's Honor
  • The Color Purple
  • Witness
Out of Africa is the only film in that group that I have not been able to sit-and-watch and I have tried several times. In my opinion, Witness received the least amount of Oscar hype. I was surprised it was nominated to be frank but I would tab it if it was a choice between it and Out of Africa.
I simply cannot get the attraction to movies such as that. It's like, they decide if Meryl and Redford are in a movie it's automatically good and should be considered for an Academy.