What is your Top 5 Worst Movies?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I simply cannot get the attraction to movies such as that. It's like, they decide if Meryl and Redford are in a movie it's automatically good and should be considered for an Academy.
Movies like The Way We Were and Age of Innocence are not the same as Out of Africa but they are similar in presentation. The first two are films I enjoyed but not Out of Africa.

jsb357

Reaction score
#1 The English Patient

Sorry that I can only recall one right now, but it's the main one and it SUCKS so bad that I should be able to sue the studio for time and suffering!

I just watched The Constant Gardener ( same actor ) and was wondering about this one. I have on DVD just never took the time to watch it.

Xelda

Reaction score
I just watched The Constant Gardener ( same actor ) and was wondering about this one. I have on DVD just never took the time to watch it.
The movie was completely divisive. Some loved it while others hated it. I consider myself a member in good standing of the latter group. I'm just glad I didn't ruin the end for you. It does end although it was over 3 hours of torture for a crime I didn't commit. The best picture Oscar was bought by Weinstein and cost me all respect I have for that award ceremony. I'm definitely in agreement with ksk on the matter.

I wish you much luck if you do watch it. You may enjoy it. As for me, I know what they have playing on an eternal loop in hell for the worst offenders. Don't let me ruin it for you. Remember the two camps of thought on the movie. Although if you find yourself getting bored or irritable, cut your losses and do something life affirming.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Some are, but some are just stupid. In fact, I can't think of a single parody movie I like. There are a few funny gags here and there...maybe, but as a whole, those movies aren't funny, IMO.
That means you don't like the type of movie.

I didn't care for "Saving Private Ryan", doesn't mean it was bad.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to write screenplays for British movies because half the movie is them staring, either at each other or something of no interest to the audience. I wish Anthony Hopkins could be Hannibal and kill and eat all of those characters he played.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That means you don't like the type of movie.

I didn't care for "Saving Private Ryan", doesn't mean it was bad.
Didn't Saving Private Ryan get rave reviews and maybe even win an award or two? Hey, personally, it's not my type of movie either, but one can dislike a movie while recognizing its value. On the other hand, one can like a movie while realizing it's terrible. I like those old kung foo movies, but I know they're not good.

But there's a fine line between irony and stupidity, and most of those parodies cross it. I'm not talking about flicks like Airplane! or The Naked Gun, I mean the ones that make fun of other, usually much better movies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I simply cannot get the attraction to movies such as that. It's like, they decide if Meryl and Redford are in a movie it's automatically good and should be considered for an Academy.
They're trying to recapture the magic that was Spencer Tracy and Kathryn Hepburn or Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert or William Powell and Myrna Loy or Bogie and McCall or even John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara later on but it just didn't work with Redford and Streep. They got close with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.

Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann in "This is 40" come really close.

kskboys

Reaction score
Didn't Saving Private Ryan get rave reviews and maybe even win an award or two? Hey, personally, it's not my type of movie either, but one can dislike a movie while recognizing its value. On the other hand, one can like a movie while realizing it's terrible. I like those old kung foo movies, but I know they're not good.

But there's a fine line between irony and stupidity, and most of those parodies cross it. I'm not talking about flicks like Airplane! or The Naked Gun, I mean the ones that make fun of other, usually much better movies.
That's what I was trying to tell you!!!!!!!!!!

The movie in question was trying to be terrible.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Elvis, own all that Sun Records stuff and most his stuff but....

The movies, ah....no!

I know, it's me.
nm9V4Y6.gif

terra

Reaction score
#5 Exorcist II: The Heretic

glK8S58.jpg

#4 Bloodrayne

vS55kmh.jpg

#3 The Happening

2EB6ufU.jpg

Note: I stop watching M. Night Shyamalan movies with this R-rated debacle, made an exception two years later with his remake of The Last Airbender, cussed myself for doing so, and have not watched another one of his movies since.

#2 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengenance

wHjYHgH.jpg

#1 The Kindred

yHidGj3.jpg
Can't put Bloodrayne on my list since I have a real weakness for chicks in leather bustiers