What Is Your Unpopular Cowboys Opinion?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
QB play wasn’t the reason we lost the game to GB in the playoffs though. I don’t think Romo overcomes the refs, the play calling, or could defend Jared Cook.

Your talking 2016? Romo wouldn't have fallen behind by 24? to start the game. GB defense wasn't good, that's why we were eventually able to come back. The game script would have flipped because if anything we would have been up on them by 24.

Sully

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere and thought it would be fun to hear others opinions.

It can be anything, historical or current. I'll start:

I think Tony Romo might be the most talented Cowboys QB ever, but he was ruined by bad defenses, Jason Garrett, and injuries. I also believe that if we went back to him in 2016 we would've had a much better shot reaching the Super Bowl. I supported sticking with Dak at the time, because I was over Romo always missing time, but Romo was probably the best option that year looking back. It would have also gave Dak a great veteran QB to learn behind.

Mine would be the 2+ decade drought of a NFC Finals and Dallas fans drooling over personal players stats because of lack of success as a franchise

9darter

Reaction score
I don't have any. As a 'hater' you can't have unpopular opinions about this loser franchise. They are all mainstream and widely accepted opinions.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Your talking 2016? Romo wouldn't have fallen behind by 24? to start the game. GB defense wasn't good, that's why we were eventually able to come back. The game script would have flipped because if anything we would have been up on them by 24.
Like in 2013 when we were up 26 to 3 and then lost in 4th quarter when the packers were playing Matt Flynn and we were starting Romo? Again I enjoyed watching Romo but I don’t believe he would have won the 2016 game for us.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Like in 2013 when we were up 26 to 3 and then lost in 4th quarter when the packers were playing Matt Flynn and we were starting Romo? Again I enjoyed watching Romo but I don’t believe he would have won the 2016 game for us.

We'll agree to disagree.

I don't even remember the 2013 game. Will have to look back on that one.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
This one is mainly an unpopular opinion for the OP. Our defense is better with Gregory/Lawrence/Galimore then it is without it. :laugh:

Beaker42

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere and thought it would be fun to hear others opinions.

It can be anything, historical or current. I'll start:

I think Tony Romo might be the most talented Cowboys QB ever, but he was ruined by bad defenses, Jason Garrett, and injuries. I also believe that if we went back to him in 2016 we would've had a much better shot reaching the Super Bowl. I supported sticking with Dak at the time, because I was over Romo always missing time, but Romo was probably the best option that year looking back. It would have also gave Dak a great veteran QB to learn behind.
That Suk is a good QB. He blows.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I hate when the Cowboys play on Thanksgiving. I am with family who I don’t get to see often and can’t really watch the game. The game is on but I prefer to talk to my relatives.

Let some other teams play on Thanksgiving if they must have a game. I am also against teams playing on Sunday and then 4 days later. Stop the nonsense. While I am on my soapbox ranting, get rid of all Thursday games. Get rid of Monday night games too. Put two games on Sunday night in case one is a dud.
Not only that but this group ruins it by losing every year. Thanksgiving used to be fun now it just bites.

Thomas82

Reaction score

If we had run the ball more, we would have won that game.

JustChip

Reaction score
My UCO is that Garrett wasn’t the Scourge of Satan so many think of him. He was what his record said he was - an average to a little above average NFL head coach.

Many of the decisions that he gets ridiculed over were reasonable decisions, they just didn’t work out. IMO, the “icing the kicker” is probably the stupidest thing he’s been ridiculed over. Why he felt the need to call timeout was reasonable. It was the kicker that failed and would’ve still failed had Whisenhunt called timeout, which he said afterwards he was. Most jumped on the icing bandwagon because it sounded cute.

Just to be clear, it was time for him to go. But he just wasn’t as bad as everyone made him to be. The 2016 season refutes that notion.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’ll bite . Brad Sham and really most of 105.3 turn me off . I find the most listenable person on that entire presentation game day pre & post is Babe Laughenberg, I think it’s because he played the game knows how hard it is to be successful .