What Jimmy Johnson said about cowboys, do you agree? i do.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Seven;2418498 said:
No. You are supposed to say "What is the "GM" supposed to do, overrule them"? And the answer is yes. But our "GM" doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground regarding football players.

Jerry is not a GM. You could spot him the "G" and he still couldn't pull it off.
He's a stubborn, old, owner that refuses to acknowledge that he doesn't have any idea on how to build a football team. Period. Any GM in their right mind would've seen Johnson as a wasted roster spot. He was too stubborn to pull the guy, for crying out loud. That'd be admitting a mistake on his part and he will NOT do that. It's a damn shame that our Cowboys are smack-dab in the middle of a madman's dream. Wasted talent, coaching and money.

jobberone;2419625 said:
another wrong assumption, belief, opinion. Jerry is not terrible. He gets some stuff right. He's too meddlesome. He's also incrediably resourceful and motivated. It is not a simple problem with one magic bullet people.

Until you or anybody else prove to me that the last 13 years of a Bodine run corporation is anything but menical, I'll stand firm with my belief. Make you no mistake, Jobber, it is anything but an assumption. I'd like to be briefed in what he's done that's some good stuff. I'd wager the grass is not always greener on the other side of Jerry's fence.

Now I'm not gonna sit here and say he doesn't try, but like I've said before, he does not know how to run a football team.

Regarding your resourceful comment; It's easy to be resourceful when one financial institution isn't large enough to store all your cash.

Terrible? From a fans prospective, absolutely defines the word, behind that fake smile. And it resonates right on down to the field, my friend.

He's a shifty, stubborn, deceptive businessman that has no "business" in being an owner of a professional football team at the level he wants to be involved. Here inlies the issue: He thinks he capable, he's not. And for the grand finale; refuses to realize that. Disasterous combination. Proof of that is what we offer on the field come Sunday.............for 12 long years.

I place my right hand on the bible and say this; Jerry Jones would coach this football team publically in title and person if he had his way. He can't. He just flat out doesn't have what it takes to do so. However, he's at least smart enough to know that he needs that HC to lay blame when it all falls apart. So for now "GM" will have to satisfy his attention craving ego. Unfortunately for us, in his tiny little football mind and behind the smokescreen, Jerry IS the HC. We suffer from what we can't see in a "title" yet is concretely an entity of this football team.

He's had 1 coach that was successful. For a long time. Jerry eventually ran that guy off. Did not remove him of his duties, ran him off. That's our Jerry............

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Smith22;2419083 said:
Thank you. The one constant has been the players, and that can't be argued.

I'll see your constant and raise you a constant. Our ever-faithful "GM" oversee's all of this. Well, supposed to anyways............:bang2:

How's Johnson working out for ya, Jerry? You stamped your approval on him.

He sucks? Well, by all means KEEP playing him cause you'll not admit "Uh-oh".

What in God's name were you thinking while roaming the sidelines? "C'mon, man. He's gotta have at least ONE good play in him! I can't have him making me the fool.............WADE!!!"

But I agree, when do we hold the players accountable? Are they of the talent level to be competitive in the NFL or just some over-hyped hacks coming out of college? Or some over-paid vets who "got theirs" and could give a rats *** about championships, or any given Sunday for that matter.

Dodger12

Reaction score
cowboyed;2418119 said:
It is on Jerry to a degree because he is the GM but when your head coach and offensive coordinator tell you that Brad Johnson is a good backup candidate (based on preseason evaluation) then what is Jones supposed to do, overrule them?

How about hiring a head coach who can identify the shortcomings of a 40 year old and over the hill QB which is something that all of us saw.

cowboyed;2418119 said:
In fact fans were jostling for Johnson when Romo was struggling in the last game or two earlier this season.

No they weren't.