What kind of coach tosses his own team under the bus?

clff15701

Reaction score
Garrett needs to go... BUT - he's not throwing his guys under the bus if it's true.

If Moore called those plays and Dak had the option to audible out of it, then I've got no problem with him saying that. In fact, I'm glad he's being transparent. I'm tired of this nonsense where people are claiming that Garrett is forcing Moore to call certain plays.

Its a bad look. Jason's job was to get these guys ready to play. He didn't and then he goes out and starts pointing the finger at others.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Garrett needs to go... BUT - he's not throwing his guys under the bus if it's true.

If Moore called those plays and Dak had the option to audible out of it, then I've got no problem with him saying that. In fact, I'm glad he's being transparent. I'm tired of this nonsense where people are claiming that Garrett is forcing Moore to call certain plays.

Wrong. A head coach protects his players and coaches because a head coach is ultimately responsible for all of them. Being a pragmatist in these situations makes him look bad.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team wasn't ready to play again and he throws Dak, Moore, and Tavon under the bus. He should be fired just for that.
Do you have a quote so we can understand what you are talking about?

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score

That is not actually being transparent. That was a crucial situation which would determine the result of the game. You gotta have something in your pocket as the head coach. You can't let improvisation take place in that situation. Everybody has to act in sync. Thats why there are playbooks.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jon Machota
@jonmachota
· 29m
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan on the two run plays late: “Kellen’s calling the game. In that situation it’s 2nd and 2. He felt like he had a good opportunity against a favorable box to run the ball in those situations. On each of those plays we had options beyond just the run.”

Why does this surprise anybody? He’s done this his whole career. I remember him blaming Romo for checking out a run play in a GB game. When Garrett called the pass play to Choice against the Commanders that led to the fumble and defensive TD, he hid his face and let Wade take the blame.

But Garrett is right, he doesn’t call the plays anymore. He never could field a running game. The problem with Garrett is he’s utterly useless and the Garrett culture, with all the politics, allows the team to waffle in mediocrity for years, even with good talent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You damned if you do. So we ask for accountability and we find the truth out and we don't like it so now he should be fired for it lol. No. He should be fired for his conservativeness and lack of preparation. But you hold guy accountable for sucking. Tired of this crap every week where we sugar coat what's plain as day in front of our eyes.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Wrong. A head coach protects his players and coaches because a head coach is ultimately responsible for all of them. Being a pragmatist in these situations makes him look bad.

Exactly. Even if it was Kellen and Dak-- when the team is taking heat-- a HC points at himself to take the fire and protect his guys. I have never heard Garrett own mistakes that way. He usually just parrots some crap about "getting better every day" or "its a process". Pointing out Kellen and Dak like this is a new schtick. One that makes him look incompetent and self-preserving... but new nonetheless.

CapnB

Reaction score
That is not actually being transparent. That was a crucial situation which would determine the result of the game. You gotta have something in your pocket as the head coach. You can't let improvisation take place in that situation. Everybody has to act in sync. Thats why there are playbooks.

So he's supposed to take over those last two calls?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jason is basically just an extension of Jerry. And why he’s a Puppet.
Oh I disagree. Garrett has more power in this organization than that and he shouldn't escape blame. He makes Jerry comfortable no doubt but a lot of these moves being made are Garrett moves.

clff15701

Reaction score
Do you have a quote so we can understand what you are talking about?

Jason Garrett on @1053thefan on the two run plays late: “Kellen’s calling the game. In that situation it’s 2nd and 2. He felt like he had a good opportunity against a favorable box to run the ball in those situations. On each of those plays we had options beyond just the run.”

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett has been doing this since he got to Dallas. In press conferences, you'll never here him say the word "I". He's always deflected blame away from himself and put it squarely on the subordinates for not "executing". In the military, he's what we'd call a Blue Falcon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Garrett is not in charge of that offense. That's Moore. You guys can't have it one way. When it goes good its Moore. When it goes bad its Garrett.