What kinda rig do you drive?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
zaK63sV.jpg
Ya,that's about what I'd mentally encapsulated yer' roughneck 266 of being behind the steering wheel of, torqued to specifications,,,That or a real Hummer( not this GM production, off the shelf #'s 2&3's that have about a 40% or better parts interchangeably with a Cadillac escalade.o_O

*man alive! That Dodge 'RAM' series, pretty much carved out their mainstream market share in the pickup trucks ,solidly, around the early to mid 1990's,,,er,,,with a frickin' chainsaw,,,,:grin:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
:lmao: I recall a couple of my
" trailer-spine" installer guys crying about something with those mid to late 1980's Ford Taurus's a couple of them had bought with a single weeks pay,,,,only to find out it'd cost something like $2,500 bucks to replace the alternator ( or some kinda' dumb **** or other:huh:), cuz' it needed to be disassembled from the bottom -up to access it,unbolting & dropping the transmission:confused:

* but in true Trailer-spine Fashion,after getting drunk & saying to hell with worrying about it,,,they were tooling around in clean& crisp looking grandmother trade-in's:cool:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You know? I like to get an old little Toyota pickup. Just no frills or hassels,easy to maintain,cheap on gas,and no worries about it getting beat up.
:lmao: I had a ford courier little runt of a pickup once that didn't come with a title,which wasn't no biggie AS ,I didn't have a driver's license ,either,,, SHEESE!,,, I'D changed out the alternator on that lil' 4 banger right along the I-10 interstate during 5:30p.m. Friday rush hour traffic in less than 10 minutes flat,as I knew it was fixing to crap-out on me& if I'd smoke that belt,I'd lose the radiator fan& that would've been not good for team Melon,,as the AZ highway patrol WILL pull up behind you in "rendering assistance",,,:lmao2:

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
:lmao: I had a ford courier little runt of a pickup once that didn't come with a title,which wasn't no biggie AS ,I didn't have a driver's licence ,either,,, SHEESE!,,, I'D changed out the alternator on that lil' 4 banger right along the I-10 interstate during 5:30p.m. Friday rush hour traffic in less than 10 minutes flat,as I knew it was fixing to crap-out on me& if I'd smoke that belt,I'd lose the radiator fan& that would've been not good for team Melon,,as the AZ highway patrol WILL pull up behind you in "rendering assistance",,,:lmao2:
Dang...They never busted you? I’ve been ticketed for everything. Luckily I’ve never been to jail though.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Thank you. I can't compare my maintenance with others because I'm in the business. We get tax free along with discounts. I did replace the battery two years ago. I think it cost around $550. These aren't your every day batteries and supposed to last a life time. Our salesman explained it to me as best he could when I told him I'm still alive. Car life times are different, but this thing is a champ so that battery was money well spent.

This and the oil changes is exactly what I just lease luxury cars. When I buy cars, they generally aren't luxury because once luxury cars are out from under maintenance or warranty. Dear god get outta the way if they require work!

Stupid deer ran out and hit my front passenger side fender.... $5,800 in damage. :( Thank god for insurance.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I've had nothing but problems with my Ford.

At the tail end of a Lemon Law buy-back.

I'm buying a Honda next.

I've been there Trouty. I was fed up with my cars. I've had Chevy and Fords and I just kept putting money into them with minimal miles. I got fed up and decided to buy a new Honda in 2005. I just hit 300,000 miles and never had an issue (until recently) outside of routine maintenance like breaks, oil change, tires a new battery and new timing belt every 100,000 miles. My first issue arose last week after my AC went. It's the absolute first repair I've ever had to make in almost 14 years and 300,000 miles.

The hardest part for me was not buying American but I couldn't stand it anymore. Buying a Honda was one of the best purchasing decisions I ever made.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Dang...They never busted you? I’ve been ticketed for everything. Luckily I’ve never been to jail though.
:lmao2:nope,I'm the exact opposite in which : No traffic tickets BUT I've been in the jailhouse plenty ( I had got slammed into some Podunk county pokie at age 15,when my pard* he's suicided/self chk'd-out a few years ago* when we were 'booked' on "criminal- conversion" charges,when we'd fled speedily away in his yellow 78 AMC pacer from a gas pump with a full tank of unpaid for gas,,,we were blotto/ smashed as we'd crashed the INDIANA UNIVERSITY campus
( bobby knight) weekend parties,,,,I know I've been in more east of the Mississippi jails than those west of it,,,SO FAR:thumbup:

*I can't recall what year that PACER was ,as his father bought it for him 'brand new' ,,,I think it was a 77,hell,IDk anymore

Last edited:

roughneck266

Reaction score
Ya,that's about what I'd mentally encapsulated yer' roughneck 266 of being behind the steering wheel of, torqued to specifications,,,That or a real Hummer( not this GM production, off the shelf #'s 2&3's that have about a 40% or better parts interchangeably with a Cadillac escalade.o_O

*man alive! That Dodge 'RAM' series, pretty much carved out their mainstream market share in the pickup trucks ,solidly, around the early to mid 1990's,,,er,,,with a frickin' chainsaw,,,,:grin:
I grew up on Chevy's. I still love Chevy, but for the same options it was over 10K higher. I drive this one during deer season, and when there is inclement weather. My avatar is for other times. Wife has a Ram 1500, but hers had to be the Laramie Longhorn, since mine is a Laramie. She doesn't have a sun roof though. This is the 4th Ram I have owned. Only one that ever had an issue was a 2003 Hemi Half ton, which broke a valve spring, and smoked the engine. They took care of it in less than a week, and asked no questions, so I stayed with them.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
:lmao2:nope,I'm the exact opposite in which : No traffic tickets BUT I've been in the jailhouse plenty ( I had got slammed into some Podunk county pokie at age 15,when my pard* he's suicided/self chk'd-out a few years ago* when we were 'booked' on "criminal- conversion" charges,when we'd fled speedily away in his yellow 78 AMC pacer from a gas pump with a full tank of unpaid for gas,,,we were blotto/ smashed as we'd crashed the INDIANA UNIVERSITY campus
( bobby knight) weekend parties,,,,I know I've been in more east of the Mississippi jails than those west of it,,,SO FAR:thumbup:

*I can't recall what year that PACER was ,as his father bought it for him 'brand new' ,,,I think it was a 77,hell,IDk anymore
Yeah,they like putting me through fines and court and stuff. Been like that forever.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I grew up on Chevy's. I still love Chevy, but for the same options it was over 10K higher. I drive this one during deer season, and when there is inclement weather. My avatar is for other times. Wife has a Ram 1500, but hers had to be the Laramie Longhorn, since mine is a Laramie. She doesn't have a sun roof though. This is the 4th Ram I have owned. Only one that ever had an issue was a 2003 Hemi Half ton, which broke a valve spring, and smoked the engine. They took care of it in less than a week, and asked no questions, so I stayed with them.
Right-on!:thumbup:

*that ol' boy that was wanting to sell me 65 acres just north of the Canadian river in Oklahoma for 35k ,LOVED his&hers Ram trucks they had (Man,ol' Gene has long since gone country,,,:() and I kinda' recall him talkin' about dodge putting out a less than savory truck package configuration right around yer' 03 model,but, he was a strictly diesel dude,,,