What more can Dak do to win some over?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Proof, Oct 10, 2019 at 2:41 PM.

1. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

4,091 Messages
    5,495 Likes Received
    Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.

2. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

18,709 Messages
    36,076 Likes Received
    nothing. I think most have already decided what kind of a QB Dak is by now.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM
  3. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Just protect the ball and be more productive against good defenses.

4. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

16,735 Messages
    18,937 Likes Received
    Dak had 460 yards passing against GB. He has over 1600 yards on the year.

Mr_C, 817Gill, Qcard and 9 others like this.
  5. Shane612

Shane612 Active Member

283 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I guess nothing else he can do except, BEAT GOOD TEAMS. STOP THROWING BAD INTERCEPTIONS. AND GROW A PAIR AND SHOW SOME LEADERSHIP.

CB61, Beaker42, bodi and 2 others like this.
  6. Vandyr

Vandyr Well-Known Member

235 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Can't blame Dak for the losses when you have this management and coaching staff.

pacboyX, Pantone282C and AmariChill like this.
  7. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

4,091 Messages
    5,495 Likes Received
    he's beaten plenty of good teams, has very modest int numbers for his career, and imo has been a fantastic leader.

8. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    936 Likes Received
    throw it and catch it too. All kidding aside hes won me over but he did that in 2016 .he holds ball too long sometimes you cant take bad sacks like he did. Oh and can he kick FG from the right hash?

pacboyX, 817Gill and Proof like this.
  9. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

5,862 Messages
    6,696 Likes Received
    For me the answer is not on the field. It would be to accept an extreme bargain basement contract.

10. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

590 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    What other leadership does he need to show? He is a leader. This whole locker room loves him and everyone says he’s a great guy. As a matter of fact, his leadership and determination is his best attribute because that is very hard to get in a player, let alone your QB.

Look at Wentz. Regardless if the rumors were true or not, something got out that he was a “locker room cancer”. I’ve yet to hear one bad thing come from that locker room about Dak.

pacboyX, 817Gill and Proof like this.
  11. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Well-Known Member

1,634 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    This is something I've asked myself many times as well. He simply continues to check all of the boxes with the exception of a SB win (how many QBs actually do within their first 3 years?). I think those that have already decided Dak sucks will not relent on that for multiple reasons but mainly due to inability to admit being wrong.

Boyzmamacita, 817Gill and ak47kaehu like this.
  12. Shane612

Shane612 Active Member

283 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I don't expect him to be Troy Aikman, or Roger Staubach, but can't he be at least Danny White.
    If he wants to be paid like a top tier QB, he needs to show up against big bad teams in big games. Otherwise, sign the $12,000,000.00 contract and ****. No excuses.

13. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

3,216 Messages
    12,022 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter about the general election Jerry controls the electoral vote:)

Mr_C, Melonfeud, DFWJC and 1 other person like this.
  14. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,013 Messages
    6,634 Likes Received
    Not sure(?), but might you perhaps be implying that Dak should get the credit for the wins, and that the FO and coaches take the blame for the losses?

If so, you’re gonna fit in REAL well here in CZ. ;):rolleyes:

Melonfeud and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  15. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    936 Likes Received
    But TR signed a huge market value contract and hadn't done squat either. Its what the Cowboys mgmt does pay before you accomplish much in fact overpay

16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

15,301 Messages
    27,107 Likes Received
    The funny thing is, pro or con, most people will actually defend their original opinion no matter how much evidence comes along to the contrary.

The beauty of message boards and the desire to be perceived as "right" by strangers. :muttley:

Mr_C, ShortRound131, 817Gill and 4 others like this.
  17. SloMo_Joe

SloMo_Joe Well-Known Member

286 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    There are some that Dak will never win over, until he wins a SB.
    That being said I have seen a lot of improvement over this past off season and hope he continues working on the fundamentals instead of relying too much on his athletic ability. That is what killed Dez's career.

pancakeman, 817Gill and Furboy like this.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

36,449 Messages
    6,049 Likes Received
    I'd get a Dak tattoo if he gave me a million dollars.

PAPPYDOG, Lodeus and Runwildboys like this.
  19. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

15,301 Messages
    27,107 Likes Received
    You're talking about a fan base that was accustomed to playing for championships and are now starving for one.

That's the only thing that's going to get Dak over, whether that's entirely fair (QBs don't win titles by themselves) or not.

LandryFan and Proof like this.
  20. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

9,829 Messages
    10,403 Likes Received
    What Dallas QB had a better first 3+ seasons? Or other QB?
    There's a lot to be encouraged about.