What more can Dak do to win some over?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.

Why do you care what a bunch of Trolls think?

Cant you tell by now they just say stupid things to get attention?

kumizi

Reaction score
what do you mean "what more can he do?"

what has he done so far?

Has he been top 6-8 in the league in yards or pass TDs? has he won playoff games?

I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is he has done so far other than have a positive win/loss record in the regular season with a stacked team around him.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.
For me, make smarter throws when in distress. Keep balling like he has. He’s a better version of himself more now than ever. 5 games in, not worried bout Dak.

At least he isn’t Carson Wentz!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

what has he done so far?

Has he been top 6-8 in the league in yards or pass TDs? has he won playoff games?
He's 2nd in passing TDs and 4th in passing yards, while only having the 10th most attempts. Is it winning you over?

And yes in three years he's already been to the playoffs twice and won a playoff game.

Anything else?

Whyjerry

Reaction score

He can do nothing. The haters are galvanized.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
All Dak needs is a little better pocket instincts and a little better accuracy and he’d be a perfect QB. Unfortunately you don’t teach pocket instincts and accuracy.

We’ve all seen Dak enough to know what we have. He’s a top 15 QB that can make plays but needs a lot of help. Hoping for anything better is a perilous effort.

kumizi

Reaction score
He's 2nd in passing TDs and 4th in passing yards, while only having the 10th most attempts. Is it winning you over?
are you talking about a 5 game sample size? when he's lost to the two decent teams he has played?

I posted after the 3-0 start that he was starting to win me over. Then he's gone back to being the same mediocre QB the last two weeks. It doesn't take much to put up yardage when you;re down 31-3.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Get us to a Super Bowl and win it.
That's how he's going to be judged.
He's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. And the standard is Super Bowl victory/victories.
You can tell the differences in generations: the Cowboys fans who lived through the glory years of the 70s and 90s generally (not all) hold Super Bowl titles as the standard for Cowboys quarterbacks. Those born after the Cowboys' heyday and those accustomed to playoff futility generally (not all) offer NFL stats (fewest interceptions thrown over a four year period, winning record, 400 plus passing yards, etc.) as the standard.
My, my, my. How far have our expectations as fans fallen. :(

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
are you talking about a 5 game sample size? when he's lost to the two decent teams he has played?

I posted after the 3-0 start that he was starting to win me over. Then he's gone back to being the same mediocre QB the last two weeks. It doesn't take much to put up yardage when you;re down 31-3.
:facepalm:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Get us to a Super Bowl and win it.
That's how he's going to be judged.
He's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. And the standard is Super Bowl victory/victories.
You can tell the differences in generations: the Cowboys fans who lived through the glory years of the 70s and 90s generally (not all) hold Super Bowl titles as the standard for Cowboys quarterbacks. Those born after the Cowboys' heyday and those accustomed to playoff futility generally (not all) offer NFL stats (fewest interceptions thrown over a four year period, winning record, 400 plus passing yards, etc.) as the standard.
My, my, my. How far have our expectations as fans fallen. :(

Yeah the ones that judge QBs performance simply based off SBs really stand out here. You can spot them a mile away.

They aren't the brightest crowns in the box, and most of their stuff is incoherent babbling.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Not sure(?), but might you perhaps be implying that Dak should get the credit for the wins, and that the FO and coaches take the blame for the losses?

If so, you’re gonna fit in REAL well here in CZ. ;):rolleyes:

Actually, I've already been labeled a hater because I blamed that Cooper tip interception on Dak throwing behind him. There's a 15 or so page thread of the Dak fanboys calling me all kinds of pleasant names for daring to suggest it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

what has he done so far?

I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is he has done so far other than have a positive win/loss record in the regular season with a stacked team around him.
He's been in the league three and one quarter years.

Has improved every year.

THINK before you post...........

Shane612

Reaction score
What other leadership does he need to show? He is a leader. This whole locker room loves him and everyone says he’s a great guy. As a matter of fact, his leadership and determination is his best attribute because that is very hard to get in a player, let alone your QB.

Look at Wentz. Regardless if the rumors were true or not, something got out that he was a “locker room cancer”. I’ve yet to hear one bad thing come from that locker room about Dak.
Just because they like him, and a great guy in the locker room, doesn't mean he's a leader.
I guess I am being a little unfair to him.
To show that you're a leader, you need skins on the wall, at least the potential to earn some skins. I guess he hasn't had the chance. Or, it seems he takes 3 steps forward, then goes back 2.5 steps. He was an unknown draft choice, who was forced into action when Romo got injured. He may be a late bloomer.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Great topic for a post. If Dak plays half as well when he does not have all world players at every position around him..... If Dak can someday do that. I will be a fan. He does not need to win a SB.... it's a team sport. He gets way too much credit when they win and gets too much blame when they lose.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Those who don't like Dak might as well get another team .IMO. If I can deal with Garrett for nearly ten years. They can deal with Dak for under 4 years. And Dak has more going for him then Garrett. Garrett can't win with Romo or Dak. So the problem was not Romo nor is it Dak. The problem starts at the top and oozes down to the rest of the team. Bring in Brady ,Mahomes or Rodgers you're gonna get guys who still hate.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
he'll never do enuff for some of these folks.
all he NEEDS to do is just handle business.
he's our QB...like it,hate it,whatever...and he's gonna be here awhile.
he just needs to keep grinding....he'll be fine.
I have 0 doubt.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Can we see this production before the game is basically over?
Oh you are one of those guys that thinks it was garbage time.......

Do you need me to explain what garbage time is? It's clear you don't have a clue by that stupid comment

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yeah the ones that judge QBs performance simply based off SBs really stand out here. You can spot them a mile away.

They aren't the brightest crowns in the box, and most of their stuff is incoherent babbling.

It's all about your expectations. If your expectations are high, then it's a justifiable standard.
If you're Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions fans, then your expectations are "Hey, my quarterback at least has a winning record in the regular season." ;)

By the way, did you mean to say "crayons"?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Oh you are one of those guys that thinks it was garbage time.......

Do you need me to explain what garbage time is? It's clear you don't have a clue by that stupid comment
The above was said by a troll who doesn’t know that 31-3 with 2 minutes in the third isn’t garbage time, try to wrap your brain around that...