What more can Dak do to win some over?

pansophy

Reaction score
Given that people are not starting to criticize Dak for the same things they hated Romo for, I don't think most people have figured out yet that we just haven't had good teams. When your team isn't doing enough the QB can either play within themselves and definitely lose, or play on the edge to have a chance to win.

Dak has had to play on the edge of his abilities the last two weeks because the team has let him down, and not just like Romo, he is taking crap for trying to give his team a chance to win instead of the team taking crap for playing poorly.

Dak won me over starting the end of last year when it looked like he was playing with more anticipation. Seeing his new throwing motion this year pushed me over to the other side of being committed to Dak. I was definitely a hold out on Dak, I think reasonably, but he has shown me enough. Yes some of his balls are still a bit behind his receivers which has contributed to some of the INTs, but compared to guys having to go to the ground to catch balls its more than good enough. If professionals WR can make one handed catches while a DB is yanking their other hand, they should be able to catch a ball 6-12 inches behind their head when no one is one them. Cooper blamed himself for two INTs.

People need to look past the QB and sometimes DE for problems on Cowboys teams

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
He needs to be more consistent. And by that I mean in all aspects of his game. His pocket awareness seems to have improved this year, he is sliding and climbing more this year than I have seen him do in the past, so that is good. His mechanics looked much improved the first 3 weeks but against better pass rushers, he tended to revert back to some bad habits, not stepping into his throws, throwing off his back foot and making poor reads pre snap. Dak wants to be elite, he works very hard at being elite, but he just isn't elite and will more than likely never be elite. Doesn't mean he can't be a good QB and lead this team where they want to be though. He just needs to play within himself and play his game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He needs to be more consistent. And by that I mean in all aspects of his game. His pocket awareness seems to have improved this year, he is sliding and climbing more this year than I have seen him do in the past, so that is good. His mechanics looked much improved the first 3 weeks but against better pass rushers, he tended to revert back to some bad habits, not stepping into his throws, throwing off his back foot and making poor reads pre snap. Dak wants to be elite, he works very hard at being elite, but he just isn't elite and will more than likely never be elite. Doesn't mean he can't be a good QB and lead this team where they want to be though. He just needs to play within himself and play his game.
His numbers say he’s elite. You and a few others are the ones who sit there and say he never will be as if it’s fact. It’s not.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
For me, it’s about what can he do for us this season. I was highly critical of him the past two years and aside from his rookie season, I didn’t see anything special other than “leadership.” With that said, I am trying to give a guy a chance but it doesn’t mean just beating on the easy teams but these hard ones (especially Philly in 2 weeks). Everyone wants to throw out numbers and how Dak has these comeback victories well, this season, it’s not looking so good.

btcutter

Reaction score
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.

Dak has won me over and I really didn't believe in him until this year and some evidence from the final 8 games of last years.

Dak has demonstrated to me:
1. Improved pocket awareness. Not taking stupid sacks like early last year.
2. Went from ding and dunk to now regularly throwing better intermediate and long. But still can work on accuracy.
3. I see significant progress over past 3 years as he improves on his weaknesses.
4. Waiting for him to combine "dink and dunk" with "air Dak" to become a real complete QB.

Redline360

Reaction score
Dak will probably end up as or is knocking on the door currently as a top 10 quarterback. To me he will that will be his landing spot until the likes of ben, brees, brady, rodgers and etc retire where he will obviously move up some notches

At this point Dak must be surrounded by good / great talent to be above average.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he's good but not great. He doesn't have an elite arm talent, doesn't have elite running ability. And that is ok if those around him are good enough to make things work cause we've seen what happens when they are not. he has trouble putting the ball where the receiver can make a play away from the DB, often times over or under throwing. But to his credit he looked better at seasons start and you saw that in his TD numbers. Hope it continues.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
nothing. I think most have already decided what kind of a QB Dak is by now.

Well surprisingly I haven't decided what kind of QB Dak is. I've posted as much and the loss against the Saints I said wasn't on him. Still :) the homers annoy me getting happy about things like 3rd and long stats. But as I've said in another post, I want to first see if the cowboys can bounce back after that Greenbay game and see if they can beat a good team before I decide. Dak does look improved this season based on the 1st three games. He wasn't all that in the losses. We need a bigger sample size.

Praxit

Reaction score
..its a collective process. Whole team effort. Sometimes incidents can set the tone though. The pic that was Coopers fault, early in game. Set the tone, like a bad habit. If Coopers catches it, we get a TD or FG. Things might of been different.

Dak rides off momentum, more than many QB's.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.
Got no problem with Dak; every QB needs to hone his game. I got a problem with a lot of the rest of the team right now.