Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irving Cowboy said:
1) Passion of the Christ
2) The Patriot
3) Braveheart
4) Backdraft - the funeral procession with Amazing Grace does it to me every time
5) Where the Red Fern Grows - not the movie, but the book. I cried my eyes out.
6) I admit it, Titanic
This is corny, but I am a Trek fan :rolleyes: .

The scene near the end of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan where Spock dies. The eulogy that Kirk (William Shatner) gives at the end, which is followed immediately by Scotty (James Doohan) playing Amazing Grace on the Scottish pipes, always hits me square in the chest. Corny, but true. :eek::

blindzebra

Reaction score
Finding Forrester.

Finding Neverland.

The Green Mile.

Forrest Gump.

Dead Man Walking.

The Fisher King.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
11. The Last of the Mohicans (LTN & I have similar tastes I see ;) )

Awesome movie, awesome.

Two others off the top of my head ( I really enjoy movies that bring this kind of emotion, need to watch more)

Armageddon
Fox and the Hound (I cannot watch this movie and not cry, one of the most emotional scenes ever imo)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
*That Ape movie with the Alien chick - sad how they killed Gorilla's in the Myst
That 'Alien' chick is Sigourney Weaver. A wonderful actor who SHOULD HAVE WON the Academy Award/Best Actress for her role as Ripley in Aliens. But noooooo! They had to give the oscar to Marlee "Children of a Lesser God" Matlin. Whoopie! That sucked. :explode:

It's almost been 20 years and (as you can clearly tell) I haven't quite gotten over it yet. :p:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheEnigma said:
Armageddon
I can give out props to lovers of Armageddon, but I loved Deep Impact moreso. When the astronauts sacrificed themselves by guiding the ship into the comet was inspiring. And they all knew that, after they were gone, dozens of high schools would be named after them. ;)

blindzebra

Reaction score
Unstrung Heroes.

A Beautiful Mind.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Billy Jack.

Road To Perdition.

blindzebra

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Beautifully said, Nors. 'Specially as Father's Day approaches.

More on my list

The End of the Affair (Ralph Fiennes, instant waterfall)
Sunshine (another of his)
The Passion of the Christ
The Last of the Mohicans
Carlito's Way (Pacino's made me bawl a lot..DeNiro, never)
Beloved
Tombstone (Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday death ..sob)

But not the Titanic..I was rootin for saccharine Jack to go under. Fast.

Not even in Bang the Drum Slowly?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
At least I did not cry at Titanic...well I did when I realized I wasted 3 hours watching that crap.:D
Oh no! Someone else who thought that Titanic was three hours of crap! :eek:

I'm not alone in the world, after all. :p:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I have to commend all of the guys here who aren't afraid to admit crying from a movie. Especially being the die-hard football fans that we are.

I can't think of any movies that have made me cry. But I do admit weddings tend to break me up a little. Not because they are sweet and joyous but because they strike a saddening chord from my past.

I did cry after Armageddon, though...
because I actually had to pay for myself and a date to watch that garbage.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
OK, the thing that gets me the most is when I see someone else grieving for a lost one, so ...........

1. La Bamba. (Hands down, this one gets me the most. Watching Ritchie Valens' mother hear the news of her son's death on the radio while she's hanging the laundry, her frantic embrace of her other son, Bob, and her absolute collapse just kills me. Also, at the very end when Bob is out on the bridge and he looks up at the sky and screams, "Ritchie" at the top of his lungs .... ugh.)

2. Mask. (When Cher's son, Eric Stoltz, finally dies .... she comes into his bedroom and sees that he has died. She cries and lays in bed with him).

3. The Green Mile. (John Coffey's execution was powerful and seeing the reaction of the guards).

4. Spencer's Mountain. (When the grandpa dies and Henry Fonda desperately tries to save him).

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Fascinating.

The killing of King Kong, Orca, Jane Goodall's monkeys, the melting of Frosty, a robot kid, and ET.

Remind me not to step on Sponge Bob or you might kill yourself.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
The scene on Boyz in the Hood,where they kill Ice Cube's brother,really get's to me.

Brian's Song does that to me too.

The Champ is another one.

That's about it lol. And I don't really cry....but my eyes water up a bit.;)

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
1. To Kill A Mockingbird
2. Lion King
3. And the saddest movie I ever saw that caught me completely off guard..............Hard Ball. Straight Tragic, everry time I think about it it makes me :cry:

blindzebra

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Oh no! Someone else who thought that Titanic was three hours of crap! :eek:

I'm not alone in the world, after all. :p:

Sitting through 3 hours of over-the-top, terrible acting...from two good actors in Leo and Kate...a far fetched story...there is a reason almost all the steerage passengers died, they were locked in the bottom of the ship and would have not been allowed on the deck...just to see 30 minutes of special effects.

I was cheering for the iceberg.:D

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Sitting through 3 hours of over-the-top, terrible acting...from two good actors in Leo and Kate...a far fetched story...there is a reason almost all the steerage passengers died, they were locked in the bottom of the ship and would have not been allowed on the deck...just to see 30 minutes of special effects.

I was cheering for the iceberg.:D

I got forced into watching it... I started laughing when that guy fell off the sinking ship and bounced off the prop... I got a lot of dirty looks and was in trouble for a week... lol it was worth it (the laugh, that is)...