What Movies made you cry?

blindzebra

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
I got forced into watching it... I started laughing when that guy fell off the sinking ship and bounced off the prop... I got a lot of dirty looks and was in trouble for a week... lol it was worth it (the laugh, that is)...

And I also can't stand the frog diva herself, Celine Dion.

Near, far, wherever you areeee.:ralph:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
And I also can't stand the frog diva herself, Celine Dion.

Near, far, wherever you areeee.:ralph:

:lmao2:

The two cheerleaders on Saturday Night Live (Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri) did a great skit when Titanic came out. They were doing their cheers in the lobby of the theater.

Instead of singing "Rockin' Robin," they sang, "Dead and bobbin,' " complete with the frozen floating motion that Leo was doing when he was in the water.

Oh, and Celine Dion is pretty hard to take.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Chief said:
:lmao2:

The two cheerleaders on Saturday Night Live (Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri) did a great skit when Titanic came out. They were doing their cheers in the lobby of the theater.

Instead of singing "Rockin' Robin," they sang, "Dead and bobbin,' " complete with the frozen floating motion that Leo was doing when he was in the water.

Oh, and Celine Dion is pretty hard to take.

VH1 had those Divas Live specials and in the first one they had Gloria Estefen, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain, Celine Dion and Aretha Franklin.

They all sang their songs and the big finish was with them all singing "You Make Me Feel" together. Well, Gloria, Mariah and Shania all realized that this is Aretha and immediately became the Pips, but not Celine. She tried to upstage Aretha, and well, she went down like the Titanic.:D

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
VH1 had those Divas Live specials and in the first one they had Gloria Estefen, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain, Celine Dion and Aretha Franklin.

They all sang their songs and the big finish was with them all singing "You Make Me Feel" together. Well, Gloria, Mariah and Shania all realized that this is Aretha and immediately became the Pips, but not Celine. She tried to upstage Aretha, and well, she went down like the Titanic.:D

:laugh2:

I remember that. SNL did a skit on that one, too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Lot's of movies move me. Few make me cry. These did.

1. Brian's Song.

2. Old Yeller.

3. The Green Mile.

4. Ladder 49.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never been one to cry over a movie, but there have been some where I might have held back a lil bit.

A Color Purple - never actually shed a tear, but I've been close every time I've watched it. And I've watched it alot.

Boys Don't Cry - My friend popped this in the VCR cuz she's a movie buff and we were killing time before going out. This movie str8 killed my motivation. It was extremely sad and hard to watch (for so many reasons).

Con Air - That last scene w/Nicholas Cage and the lil girl was so touching. The rest of the movie was hilarious.

Set It off - Didn't get teary, 'specially since it was so unreal. But there were some scenes that touched me.

I'm sure if I think hard enuff, I could prolly come up w/some more. But if I want to watch a movie to get emotional, I'll turn on Lifetime. That's my station on Sundays. :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
A lot of great tearjerkers in this thread. And props to all who wanted to upchuck at the DiCaprio death scene.

let me add another recent film that qualifies as an excellent drama hard not to cry to..

Cold Mountain.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
1. Old Yeller

2. The very end of saving Private Ryan when Ryan is standing there at the grave thinking back when Tom hanks told him to do something great with his life. Ryan had not realized he did something great he raised a family.

all I can think of at this time

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Wuthering Heights (the original)

Seabiscuit (at the end when he wins the Santa Anita...and also the part after he races War Admiral where Tom Smith stops to pick up the racing program)

Titanic had some moments.

Sling Blade when Karl says goodbye to the boy.

Glory

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Wuthering Heights (the original)

Seabiscuit (at the end when he wins the Santa Anita...and also the part after he races War Admiral where Tom Smith stops to pick up the racing program)

Titanic had some moments.

Sling Blade when Karl says goodbye to the boy.

Glory

sling blade......... one of the best movies ever.

yes juke, titanic had it's moments. i did not cry because of leo dying. i cried for the 1,517 souls that were lost. the scene where the mother in third class was reading a bedtime story to her 2 little kids knowing they were about to die a horrible death.

the movie was a love story weaved into a historical (and catastrophic) event. i cried for the real people who were remembered so truthfully and eloquently; the fathers who had to reassure their children that they would see them on land shortly--all the while knowing that they would not; for the mothers left to fend for themselves and their children alone; for the children who were orphaned, and for those left behind, lost in the panic; for the entire families wiped out in one shot; for those people who were trapped below, gated in like animals, not allowed to surface until it was virtually too late; for captain smith, who #1, this was to be his last voyage before retiring and #2 was railroaded by bruce ismay into pushing the titanic to her limits and ultimately her doom; for the architect thomas andrews, who watched from somewhere inside as his dream sank into the freezing waters that fateful night, not living long enough to hear the cries and screams fade into death. dramatic? yes, it was. tragic? indeed. should it be remembered? don't know, but it always will.

DeputyDawg

Reaction score
Little Giants. The part where the Giants beat the Cowboys.

Jerry Maguire. The part where the Cards beat the Cowboys.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DeputyDawg said:
Little Giants. The part where the Giants beat the Cowboys.

Jerry Maguire. The part where the Cards beat the Cowboys.

Hey Dawg, nice sig pic. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
sling blade......... one of the best movies ever.

yes juke, titanic had it's moments. i did not cry because of leo dying. i cried for the 1,517 souls that were lost. the scene where the mother in third class was reading a bedtime story to her 2 little kids knowing they were about to die a horrible death.

the movie was a love story weaved into a historical (and catastrophic) event. i cried for the real people who were remembered so truthfully and eloquently; the fathers who had to reassure their children that they would see them on land shortly--all the while knowing that they would not; for the mothers left to fend for themselves and their children alone; for the children who were orphaned, and for those left behind, lost in the panic; for the entire families wiped out in one shot; for those people who were trapped below, gated in like animals, not allowed to surface until it was virtually too late; for captain smith, who #1, this was to be his last voyage before retiring and #2 was railroaded by bruce ismay into pushing the titanic to her limits and ultimately her doom; for the architect thomas andrews, who watched from somewhere inside as his dream sank into the freezing waters that fateful night, not living long enough to hear the cries and screams fade into death. dramatic? yes, it was. tragic? indeed. should it be remembered? don't know, but it always will.

I agree about Sling Blade...I'm a Dwight Yoakam fan...hell of a vocalist...solid song writer...and he did a great job in that movie...

And yep, I agree about Titanic. Being a musician, the scene where the band decides to continue to play was powerful stuff. I was touched by the fact that when they first walked in different directions, they took their instruments with them. I understood that.

All the other scenes were killer as well. The movie was dead on to the real life facts of that tragedy, which made it all that much more powerful.

Glory. Tough stuff to watch because that was true as well.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
jamez25 said:
Forrest Gump

Good addition to the list.

I forgot about that one. It gets me when Gump is standing at Jenny's grave, crying and telling her how great their son is.