What needs to happen by the end of TC

cristglo

Reaction score
What do you feel needs to happen by the end of TC to give you any kind of hope for this season?
Other than Jerry selling the team or stepping down as GM We all know at least for this year that isn't going to happen.

Im not sure this next season just seems to be like throwing a bunch of darts at a dart board and hoping you hit the bull's eye.
Im not sure that even if we made a trade for a top RB and DT it would be enough IMO

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Nothing, the end is already written. This is going to end one of two ways. The Cowboys implode due to locker room issues - McCarthy is fired and they miss the playoffs. The Cowboys make the playoffs, likely just barely make it as a wildcard and get beaten in the first week. Either way, McCarthy is gone and likely the entire coaching staff along with Zimmer and the rest of them. Jerry will bring in Belichick and the clock gets reset. Doubt it is going to lead to anything. Hell I'd be impressed if Bill Belichick could fix the false starts and bone headed penalties this team has.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Guyton, Beebe and Kneeland leaving no doubt the Cowboys made the right selections. Favorable reviews of Mizi, Schoon, and Overshown having a huge second year jump. If we can get that and come out of training camp healthy, the hype train will be in full effect. Go Cowboys!

shabazz

Reaction score
Nothing, the end is already written. This is going to end one of two ways. The Cowboys implode due to locker room issues - McCarthy is fired and they miss the playoffs. The Cowboys make the playoffs, likely just barely make it as a wildcard and get beaten in the first week. Either way, McCarthy is gone and likely the entire coaching staff along with Zimmer and the rest of them. Jerry will bring in Belichick and the clock gets reset. Doubt it is going to lead to anything. Hell I'd be impressed if Bill Belichick could fix the false starts and bone headed penalties this team has.
Well said. The truest words Jerry uttered was that he's " all in with the young players"...paraphrasing

He's disgusted with the top paid players and I believe he's now open to others ideas.......his latest actions and NON actions are speaking volumes.

It's just that he can't say what he's truly doing.....just like any CEO would never tell the shareholders bad news if they have an option not to

cristglo

Reaction score
Ive been back and forth I felt like last year it was NFC championship or bust after that GB loss was surprised that they retained MM

cristglo

Reaction score
Well said. The truest words Jerry uttered was that he's " all in with the young players"...paraphrasing

He's disgusted with the top paid players and I believe he's now open to others ideas.......his latest actions and NON actions are speaking volumes.

It's just that he can't say what he's truly doing.....just like any CEO would never tell the shareholders bad news if they have an option not to
The Sad part is I dont believe that Jerry knows what the heck he is doing

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I normally have advocated patience for us fans when it comes to waiting for players to develop or waiting for the front office to make a key move when the team is developing. Patience is normally a good practice starting in TC.

BUT…patience is not something Cowboys fans should be asked to have anymore. After three decades with the same GM and son not even capable of winning even a divisional playoff game with 6 different head coaches, Cowboys fans should be demanding more.

Cowboys fans have the receipts that show the Jones boys are incapable of getting it done. So this TC I will not be patient.

shabazz

Reaction score
The Sad part is I dont believe that Jerry knows what the heck he is doing
Could still be the case OR is there truly somebody consulting him?

A major component of being a narcissistic person is always taking the credit for others ideas......and I'm just fine with it IF that's the case

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The OL starting five are reasonably well settled and working well as a group.

Diggs is well and truly back from his knee injury.

Zimmer works miracles with the front seven

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Everyone stop tuning in to anyting having to do with this organization. Until they feel the base eroding, nothing will change.

Creeper

Reaction score
What has to happen is unrealistic. The time for what had to happen has already past.

Right now the Cowboys have just over $1 million in effective CAP space according to Over-the-CAP. They could add more money easily if they wanted. Extending CeeDee would add around $16 million this year. They are choosing not to. They have shown us what this year will be with their actions. Accept it. Miracle don't happen in real life. We make them happen. Jerry is not making a miracle happen this year.

leeblair

Reaction score
What do you feel needs to happen by the end of TC to give you any kind of hope for this season?
Other than Jerry selling the team or stepping down as GM We all know at least for this year that isn't going to happen.

Im not sure this next season just seems to be like throwing a bunch of darts at a dart board and hoping you hit the bull's eye.
Im not sure that even if we made a trade for a top RB and DT it would be enough IMO
The Cowboys part ways with Dak and put a new quarterback in for this season.

John813

Reaction score
A bunch of hype articles and twitter clips of our players scoring TDs vs camp bodies in TC and preseason .
Zeke juking a trash can would be the chefs kiss.

LFG.

conner01

Reaction score
Guyton, Beebe and Kneeland leaving no doubt the Cowboys made the right selections. Favorable reviews of Mizi, Schoon, and Overshown having a huge second year jump. If we can get that and come out of training camp healthy, the hype train will be in full effect. Go Cowboys!
Exactly. The first and second year guys have to be ready to play game one and be solid. All this ownership stuff is wet dreams but the reality is this season is all about the young guys developing

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
What shouldn’t happen - All peachy stories coming out of the camp and nothing in the real games

Things better happen- OL , a combination which gels and works in NFL is ready

DL - holes in DL and LB corps are filled and we have healthy starters ( hopefully better Run defense)

Diggs back without issues and we can have a good secondary

Emergence of some good WRs for WR3/4 spots be it Tolbert/ Turpin . They need to reliable and in sync with QB