What needs to happen by the end of TC

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Demonstrate the O-line is fixed and can facilitate a running game. Trey Lance needs to show enough to give the Cowboys a path forward... then in 2025, Dak can walk and Lance can be extended. On the defense, show the interior D-line can plug up the gaps and stop teams running on them. I'd like to see another young CB show out and give more depth there.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
By the end of TC, we need to learn what our chances are of Trey Lance actually being able to take over as a starting QB in the future.
Also, is he capable of replacing Cooper Rush in the meantime? Do we need to retain Rush or possibly trade him? Same goes for Lance.

We also need to figure out who our starters are and who to use as backups to replace them with, in the event of their injuries.

Which rookies need to wisely be retained and which ones need to be sent packing?

Do we have a RB and DT worthy of somewhat significant starting time?

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
What do you feel needs to happen by the end of TC to give you any kind of hope for this season?
Other than Jerry selling the team or stepping down as GM We all know at least for this year that isn't going to happen.

Im not sure this next season just seems to be like throwing a bunch of darts at a dart board and hoping you hit the bull's eye.
Im not sure that even if we made a trade for a top RB and DT it would be enough IMO
In my opinion, they will win the division. I already have hope.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What do you feel needs to happen by the end of TC to give you any kind of hope for this season?
Other than Jerry selling the team or stepping down as GM We all know at least for this year that isn't going to happen.

Im not sure this next season just seems to be like throwing a bunch of darts at a dart board and hoping you hit the bull's eye.
Im not sure that even if we made a trade for a top RB and DT it would be enough IMO
We need to determine who the new Owner will be

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
We need to have a Super Bowl winning team ready to go for the new season.

cristglo

Reaction score
What I wanna see is no major injuries and the guys who were injured coming back off injury that were key players were gonna count on this year like overshown and diggs I wanna see them doing really well I wanna see some improvement from steel and I wanna hear good things about our young offensive lineman that's it I mean what do you expect from practice and what you're gonna hear I mean when you ask this question you just wanted to rip on the Joneses because yes original poster we see you you started this so then you can say how they don't know how to run a team even though they been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years they've won two division titles 36 games have been to three straight playoffs and been a top six team they seem to always be on primetime if this was his disorganized and terrible as fans here perceive it to be we'd be A5 win team if the perception became reality this is A5 win team according to most of the fan base who seem to be very angry and don't have a lot of confidence in the team...

Bad teams with terrible owners and terrible GM do not do what I just listed up there I get it we wanna go further in the playoffs I get it we want another NFC championship game I get it's been 28 years because I could do math but it could be far worse than it's been that's for damn sure!!!! We are in fact one of the top teams in the league regardless of our disappointing playoff exit hit below the belt feel like a gut punch but this is a new season but the fact is we are a very good team the last three years top six and you're saying they don't know what they're doing so they accidentally became a top six team and all the other GM's who know what they're doing are the 28 teams below us that's odd isn't it the irony that all these other jams know what they're doing but the Cowboys seem to be finishing ahead of a bunch of them just blindly they must be like using a magic 8 ball and a dart board on how to run the draft and who to get in the offseason and how to put the team together and it's just happened to be working out just enough to be a top six team!!
what do you expect from practice and what you're gonna hear I mean when you ask this question you just wanted to rip on the Joneses because yes original poster we see you you started this so then you can say how they don't know how to run a team even though they been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years they've won two division titles 36 games have been to three straight playoffs and been a top six team they seem to always be on primetime if this was his disorganized and terrible as fans here perceive it to be we'd be A5 win team if the perception became reality this is A5 win team according to most of the fan base who seem to be very angry and don't have a lot of confidence in the team...
If you look at the last 29 year its been bad and its been ran bad. If your satisfied with making it to the playoffs then I guess you may be right. Yes I want to rip on the Jones THEY are why this team cant seem to make it over the hump. If you want to bake a good cake then get the cook the right ingredients.

blueblood70

Reaction score
what do you expect from practice and what you're gonna hear I mean when you ask this question you just wanted to rip on the Joneses because yes original poster we see you you started this so then you can say how they don't know how to run a team even though they been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years they've won two division titles 36 games have been to three straight playoffs and been a top six team they seem to always be on primetime if this was his disorganized and terrible as fans here perceive it to be we'd be A5 win team if the perception became reality this is A5 win team according to most of the fan base who seem to be very angry and don't have a lot of confidence in the team...
If you look at the last 29 year its been bad and its been ran bad. If your satisfied with making it to the playoffs then I guess you may be right. Yes I want to rip on the Jones THEY are why this team cant seem to make it over the hump. If you want to bake a good cake then get the cook the right ingredients.
Again I say you're a giant troll looking for attention trying to do the in thing and rip on the Joneses and yeah I don't see you with a $10 billion team putting together these proper ingredients but I can tell you this a lot of other teams have gone through this with real GM's uh specific football people you say that Jerry's on a football people but yeah I don't know the man played on a national championship college football team probably more than you did and he probably knows more about football than you he may seem senile to you but he has been also around football people for 33 years literally with his best friend by the way he would have never been a Dallas cowboy and Jimmy Johnson so yes Jerry is responsible for those three titles whether you like it or not I'm just telling you there's no way to be around Jimmy Johnson bill Parcells and many other football people you act like Mike McCarthy's not a football person Mike Zimmer you trying to tell me these people been eating football for 30 years that Jerry doesn't get anything from his experience running this team for 33 years he may have done some really ugly things the 1st 5 to 8 years after Jimmy left yes it was horrible but if you think that will mcclay is out of football guy and that they don't draft well and put enough players on this team along with the coaches in order to succeed you're not paying attention when I say we're going to the playoffs and that's more than a lot of the other leagues are doing on a regular basis then you ain't paying attention....

There are a bunch of franchises that haven't even won a Super Bowl and a few that have won one if this is about championships where are all the championships for a bunch of other teams and we're talking about newing patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs and pretty much very few in between so yeah there's been some dominant teams that have created a dynasty just like we have twice but most of the time the league is looking up at us in the top six it could be far worse as all I'm saying it is nice to get to the playoffs 5 and the last eight years versus being a team wishing they were in the playoffs...

But need I remind you that even the Cincinnati Bengals have never won a Super Bowl and Buffalo Bills I don't believe has ever won a Super Bowl and you got some big time football people that have only won one Super Bowl in their entire existence Jerry's waiting on #4 if I gotta keep reminding you that the Kansas City Chiefs had a 52 year drought between their Super Bowl wins this is actually normal there aren't many teams that are just getting over this proverbial hump on a regular basis there is no blueprint sometimes you just have to strike gold as it comes in cycles there's a reason it's tough to get back to the Super bowl and actually win it I mean I thought the San Francisco 49ers I mean you're talking about championships 1994 I just wanted to remind you that the other three DFW sports teams only have 3 championships among them and Jerry has three and there were only two other teams in the NFL they have more Super Bowl wins in the last 33 years than Jerry and that would be the New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs who by the way again the chiefs took 52 years to do it we're only on year 28..

I'm just trying to instill some common sense in some of y'all y'all think this is easy it's not that easy you can talk about any team you want getting past the second round of the playoffs and giving the pat on the back but if it's about championships there's only two other teams that have more of them in the last 33 years you wanna keep bringing up 28 years all you want they still have not surpassed the Dallas Cowboys in total Super Bowl wins but also not surpassed Jerry Jones so there are 29 teams that have not equals what Jerry has done since he's been an owner in this league doesn't matter drought or no drought droughts happen all over sports...​

cristglo

Reaction score
Again I say you're a giant troll looking for attention trying to do the in thing and rip on the Joneses and yeah I don't see you with a $10 billion team putting together these proper ingredients but I can tell you this a lot of other teams have gone through this with real GM's uh specific football people you say that Jerry's on a football people but yeah I don't know the man played on a national championship college football team probably more than you did and he probably knows more about football than you he may seem senile to you but he has been also around football people for 33 years literally with his best friend by the way he would have never been a Dallas cowboy and Jimmy Johnson so yes Jerry is responsible for those three titles whether you like it or not I'm just telling you there's no way to be around Jimmy Johnson bill Parcells and many other football people you act like Mike McCarthy's not a football person Mike Zimmer you trying to tell me these people been eating football for 30 years that Jerry doesn't get anything from his experience running this team for 33 years he may have done some really ugly things the 1st 5 to 8 years after Jimmy left yes it was horrible but if you think that will mcclay is out of football guy and that they don't draft well and put enough players on this team along with the coaches in order to succeed you're not paying attention when I say we're going to the playoffs and that's more than a lot of the other leagues are doing on a regular basis then you ain't paying attention....

There are a bunch of franchises that haven't even won a Super Bowl and a few that have won one if this is about championships where are all the championships for a bunch of other teams and we're talking about newing patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs and pretty much very few in between so yeah there's been some dominant teams that have created a dynasty just like we have twice but most of the time the league is looking up at us in the top six it could be far worse as all I'm saying it is nice to get to the playoffs 5 and the last eight years versus being a team wishing they were in the playoffs...

But need I remind you that even the Cincinnati Bengals have never won a Super Bowl and Buffalo Bills I don't believe has ever won a Super Bowl and you got some big time football people that have only won one Super Bowl in their entire existence Jerry's waiting on #4 if I gotta keep reminding you that the Kansas City Chiefs had a 52 year drought between their Super Bowl wins this is actually normal there aren't many teams that are just getting over this proverbial hump on a regular basis there is no blueprint sometimes you just have to strike gold as it comes in cycles there's a reason it's tough to get back to the Super bowl and actually win it I mean I thought the San Francisco 49ers I mean you're talking about championships 1994 I just wanted to remind you that the other three DFW sports teams only have 3 championships among them and Jerry has three and there were only two other teams in the NFL they have more Super Bowl wins in the last 33 years than Jerry and that would be the New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs who by the way again the chiefs took 52 years to do it we're only on year 28..

I'm just trying to instill some common sense in some of y'all y'all think this is easy it's not that easy you can talk about any team you want getting past the second round of the playoffs and giving the pat on the back but if it's about championships there's only two other teams that have more of them in the last 33 years you wanna keep bringing up 28 years all you want they still have not surpassed the Dallas Cowboys in total Super Bowl wins but also not surpassed Jerry Jones so there are 29 teams that have not equals what Jerry has done since he's been an owner in this league doesn't matter drought or no drought droughts happen all over sports...​
Do you even know what a Troll Is? Grow up before you start calling people name

jaybird

Reaction score
Guyton, Beebe and Kneeland leaving no doubt the Cowboys made the right selections. Favorable reviews of Mizi, Schoon, and Overshown having a huge second year jump. If we can get that and come out of training camp healthy, the hype train will be in full effect. Go Cowboys!
agree, i also like to see Lance show up in preseason give us some future hope. Hes an egnima, he was a high draft pick for a reason

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you even know what a Troll Is? Grow up before you start calling people name
yes , I'm talking to one right now in my opinion you're a troll I don't need to use it and it's actual defined meaning. But if you'd like to go guard a bridge you can but in the Internet terms you're a troll..

So yes I'm using it correctly you literally like everyone else keeps bringing up the same redundant narratives using either Prescott or ripping the Jones family something that you know is a hot topic that's gonna get a lot of reactions both positive and negative but it's invoking emotional responses that's gonna go spiral out of control that would be the definition of an Internet troll so yes everyone who keeps starting the same redundant post trying to reword it in their own ways but it's all the same damn stuff you literally are talking about the Jones family the offseason Prescott contracts money it's all been said you know how much we've talked since February about the same subjects the same people responding the same way and yet some of you just keep starting new threads on the same old tire subjects invoking emotional responses that we used to call flame wars but it's really the definition of a troll starting trouble because that's all it's gonna lead to the same redundant people saying the same things you can go back two months and find these same damn subjects talking about the same damn thing so yeah it's trolling is that enough for you in my opinion I'm think you're a troll..​
It's not even a bad word it's literally a definition for somebody online literally we are online we're in a forum and if I feel that you are trolling that is not calling you names it's literally describing you how I see you and that's how I see you along with others who keep bringing up the same topics over and over with narratives that they know what their answers are gonna be and yet they do it anyway..​

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
yes , I'm talking to one right now in my opinion you're a troll I don't need to use it and it's actual defined meaning. But if you'd like to go guard a bridge you can but in the Internet terms you're a troll..

So yes I'm using it correctly you literally like everyone else keeps bringing up the same redundant narratives using either Prescott or ripping the Jones family something that you know is a hot topic that's gonna get a lot of reactions both positive and negative but it's invoking emotional responses that's gonna go spiral out of control that would be the definition of an Internet troll so yes everyone who keeps starting the same redundant post trying to reword it in their own ways but it's all the same damn stuff you literally are talking about the Jones family the offseason Prescott contracts money it's all been said you know how much we've talked since February about the same subjects the same people responding the same way and yet some of you just keep starting new threads on the same old tire subjects invoking emotional responses that we used to call flame wars but it's really the definition of a troll starting trouble because that's all it's gonna lead to the same redundant people saying the same things you can go back two months and find these same damn subjects talking about the same damn thing so yeah it's trolling is that enough for you in my opinion I'm think you're a troll..​
It's not even a bad word it's literally a definition for somebody online literally we are online we're in a forum and if I feel that you are trolling that is not calling you names it's literally describing you how I see you and that's how I see you along with others who keep bringing up the same topics over and over with narratives that they know what their answers are gonna be and yet they do it anyway..​
You are the poster child for “emotional responses”.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

FInd a at least good QB.