What next for the Mavericks?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Are they finished? Will Dirk finish his career out on an 8th seed team?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They've got real problems.

Too old, not talented enough to seriously compete for a title.

Not bad enough to get the "bennies" from being a bad team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This season ticket holder is miserable right now.

You can't force someone to play for you. They tried and didn't get it done with DWill.
They were too old, they took a gamble, swung for the fence, and missed big time.

We'll see. They've spoiled us with the second longest playoff streak in the league. Still, you can be sure that they have a plan B, C, D, E.....etc. Didn't say we had to like the plan though.

Ren

Reaction score
Worst thing they can do now is overpay for average or old. I'm sure they can put togther a mediocre team for next season by going Commanders in the rest of FA but i'm not a huge fan of spending the cap space they blew up a championship team for on that.

The Mavs blew it big time, pleas don't make it worse

MC KAos

Reaction score
whats next for the mavs? besides me laughing at them? a continued slide into mediocrity until dirk retires

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
nba_lottery.jpg

Zordon

Reaction score
It's very perplexing to me why we are just sitting on our hands regardless of Deron we should have been making moves to attract him here like the Nets were doing.

Kidd, who spent much of last week with Williams in New York playing golf, said Williams ultimately was impressed with the roster upgrades general manager Billy King pulled off in the preceding days. King traded for Atlanta Hawks All-Star shooting guard Joe Johnson without giving up emerging guard MarShon Brooks, re-signed Gerald Wallace and added promising 6-foot-9 Bosnian forward Mirza Teletovic.

Rumors also persisted that the Nets were still involved in trade talks to pry Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic.

Meanwhile, the Mavs had yet to make a roster move and reports were surfacing that sixth man Jason Terry was nearing a three-year agreement to join the Boston Celtics.

"Honestly, it came down to the roster," Kidd said. "Brooklyn made moves that improved the roster dramatically and he saw things were going that way. That would be my opinion from looking on the outside. He felt that if Dirk goes down he's sitting with himself."

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'm guessing they're going to try and make a push for Nash, but I don't think they'll get him.

It ain't gonna be a pretty year, but I guess we'll see.

juck

Reaction score
Cuban is tanking. Id ask for a trade if i was Dirk. He is really ****ing him over. I dont get it. Not one player has been signed. We dont even have enough players to play haha. Word is Mavs only offered Nash a 1 year deal. Everyone else offered 3. Thats a slap in the face. Cuban will think he is gonna get Howard and CP3 which he isnt. If they are gonna tank at least let Dirk finish his career actually competing. Weird.

Reaction score
juck;4611456 said:
Cuban is tanking. Id ask for a trade if i was Dirk. He is really ****ing him over. I dont get it. Not one player has been signed. We dont even have enough players to play haha. Word is Mavs only offered Nash a 1 year deal. Everyone else offered 3. Thats a slap in the face. Cuban will think he is gonna get Howard and CP3 which he isnt. If they are gonna tank at least let Dirk finish his career actually competing. Weird.

Trade him to the Lakers. :D