What next for the Mavericks?

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4611997 said:
Dallas is going after Ramon Sessions. Because of the Nash trade Sessions won't be resigning with the Lakers. L.A. is open to sign and trade. How about Sessions for Delonte Mavs fans?

Source: Dwain Price

How about we get Sessions, you get nothing. He is unrestricted.

juck

Reaction score
The "Fellas" in the NBA dont wanna play with the White German European man. That was being discussed on The Fan just now. They say Dirk has the respect but isnt one of the "fellas". I think this has been obvious but just another reason why him beating the Heat was so perfect.Basically if Dirk was a "fella" way more FAs would have signed in the past decade.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4612018 said:
How about we get Sessions, you get nothing. He is unrestricted.

Nah. You're already resigning Kidd. If you get Sessions then West is a goner. It's a great trade for both teams imo.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4612027 said:
Nah. You're already resigning Kidd. If you get Sessions then West is a goner. It's a great trade for both teams imo.
Had a response but let me edit it...

I'd be very surprised if they didn't re-sign West. He was one of the few things that went really right for the Mavs this year. He really liked it here and the team seemed to really like him... Unless some things went on behind the scenes that they didn't care for.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4612033 said:
They're going to need West to play a ton. Kidd can't play many minutes anymore.

Plus West really liked it here. He's one of the few things that went right for the Mavs this year. I'd bet they try to keep him.

Let's say they sign Sessions.

Kidd
Sessions
Carter
Roddy B.
West

West is the odd man out.

juck

Reaction score
Kidd went to the Knicks haha Blowin it up.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well that explains the interest in Sessions.

I think Mav fans should be happy.

daboyzareback

Reaction score
Anyone follow Brian Cuban on facebook? Doesn't want to hear any criticism of Mark at all and blasts anyone who does.

I will always be a mav fan and have had season tickets since the late 80s but cannot understand Mark Cuban's decisions.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
daboyzareback;4612122 said:
Anyone follow Brian Cuban on facebook? Doesn't want to hear any criticism of Mark at all and blasts anyone who does.

I will always be a mav fan and have had season tickets since the late 80s but cannot understand Mark Cuban's decisions.

I can. The let Tyson walk in order to have a chance at signing Derron Williams. When that didn't work, there was no way the mavs were going to be championship contenders. Pretty soon, I expect them to trade Dirk and hope for some lottery luck cause without a lgeit MVP caliber player, you have no chance in the NBA.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4612142 said:
I can. The let Tyson walk in order to have a chance at signing Derron Williams. When that didn't work, there was no way the mavs were going to be championship contenders. Pretty soon, I expect them to trade Dirk and hope for some lottery luck cause without a lgeit MVP caliber player, you have no chance in the NBA.

They won't trade Dirk though. Not this season. Probably not next season. So they'll waste 2 years just finishing out of the playoffs or possibly sneaking in with no chance of getting close to a title and no way to improve because they have no assets and nothing to draw free agents.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4612106 said:
Kidd went to the Knicks haha Blowin it up.
Sure looks that way.
Lotto here we come

I do agree if you're going to do it, do it and get started. I thought Kidd might stick as a part time player coach, but nope.

Reaction score
Dirk To Demand Trade?

dirk%2Bnowitzki%2B2012%2Bplayoffs.jpg

The question was posed to him during a May appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Galloway & Co.," and, as usual, Dirk answered it openly and honestly.

"It’s kind of tough," he said. "I’m like the grandfather of Dallas sports right now."

He was asked if he could ever see a time when he would request a trade if the pieces didn't come together as planned. Nowitzki, with two years left on his deal, and Kobe Bryant are the only players in the NBA with no-trade clauses in their contracts.

"I’m not sure," Nowitzki, 34, said. "I’ve always said I want to finish my career here and obviously the championship season topped it all off; that’s what I always was chasing and dreaming about so that kind of sealed that deal on that front. If we really come out with nobody this summer then maybe they want to rebuild and, obviously, I’m too old for that. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens on that front. But I still think I got two, three good years left in me and if we get some players in here we can be right back up there and compete."

Source: ESPN

Wouldn't blame him at all if he did.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4612237 said:
Source: ESPN

Wouldn't blame him at all if he did.
You really are giddy for a person who's team is going to be a second-tier never make it to the Championship again until you guys get a new young cast like the NBA always helps you guys do.

You will be a contender, but you're not getting past the Thunder or the Heat so basically, we're sort of in the same boat. Mavs, no championship and a top lottery pick vs Lakers, really good, but not good enough to win a championship. Either way, neither of us will win the Championship next season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Clove;4612298 said:
You really are giddy for a person who's team is going to be a second-tier never make it to the Championship again until you guys get a new young cast like the NBA always helps you guys do.

You will be a contender, but you're not getting past the Thunder or the Heat so basically, we're sort of in the same boat. Mavs, no championship and a top lottery pick vs Lakers, really good, but not good enough to win a championship. Either way, neither of us will win the Championship next season.
:laugh2:
Harsh

Go Mavs :)

Reaction score
Clove;4612298 said:

:laugh2:

Youth is overrated. The ancient Mavs won a title a year ago.

We just got a superstar PG for basically nothing. Damn right I'm giddy.