What next for the Mavericks?

MC KAos

Reaction score
dadymat;4611479 said:
not this season, but itll be here sooner than we would like

the sooner the better IMO, they need to realize that they are the mavs, not the cowboys, top of the line free agents just arent going to go flocking to play there. if they were smart, they would talk to dirk, admit they failed, ask if he would prefer to finish his career in dallas or be traded to a contender. if he wants to stay, he has earned that right, just make the team as best as possible and go from there, if he would rather leave, oblige him and suck to get top picks in the draft for a few years and rebuild that way.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
They might as well see if they can get a Herschel Walker type deal for Dirk...I'm afraid the Mavs will be a bottom feeder for awhile now

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Can't understand why anyone cares about Kidd. He's so finished. The guy can make spot-up threes and that's it. Can't play defense, can't move. If he ever played on a team with no talent, people would see how little of a "point guard" he can still play.

Anyway... Was listening to the Fan last night and the guy on there said Cuban was doing the exact right thing and was actually being brilliant here by saying superstars or nobody and not overpaying anyone. Oh really? So if you can't get superstars, you just tank the season? Yeah, I bet your ticket-buying fans are going to love that.

That's one reason I don't like Cuban... He'll spin this as some plan they had all along and sheep will eat it up because well, he's Mark and he's a genius billionaire so he must have a brilliant plan and must be right.

Wonder what Dirk is thinking right now. He's too good a loyal soldier to ever say anything, but I wonder what he really believes.

DFWJC

Reaction score
johnny utah;4611571 said:
Whats next for the Mavs, is the Lotto.

Without any further majore moves, they look like a 8th to 10th place team.
I'm also expecting them to dump a way overpaid Haywood with that one time option.

I will say this, you you fail at the home run, hitting reset button is a painful but necessary option to avoid 10 years of mediocrity.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I gave up on the mavs last year when I saw we signed VC and delonte west in the offseason. I still refuse to watch any mavs games until those scrubs are gone. I feel like I give more credit to the mavs FO more then most people so I am not calling for anyones head but count me out until then.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4611496 said:
the sooner the better IMO, they need to realize that they are the mavs, not the cowboys, top of the line free agents just arent going to go flocking to play there. if they were smart, they would talk to dirk, admit they failed, ask if he would prefer to finish his career in dallas or be traded to a contender. if he wants to stay, he has earned that right, just make the team as best as possible and go from there, if he would rather leave, oblige him and suck to get top picks in the draft for a few years and rebuild that way.
Cowboys dont get big names anymore either. Brandon Carr is not a big name FA. Jerry and Cuban have tightened their pockets up. Jerry didnt even fix the most glaring hole the OLINE. He signed two scrubs. Rangers are slowing becoming the team in DFW. Best GM in Dallas and they spend.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4611766 said:
Cowboys dont get big names anymore either. Brandon Carr is not a big name FA. Jerry and Cuban have tightened their pockets up. Jerry didnt even fix the most glaring hole the OLINE. He signed two scrubs. Rangers are slowing becoming the team in DFW. Best GM in Dallas and they spend.

They offered Deron the maximum amount allowable. Money was not the issue. They didn't low ball him or anything. With the stat of this team, I don't see them blowing big money on old guys unless all options are exhausted. All large investments will have long term goals in mind.

They swung and miissed oN DWill but it was not from lack of effort.

DFWJC

Reaction score
According to Kidd, it was very close between Dallas and Brooklyn...but we know the result.

"Hopefully he comes out and tells his story of how he did it and how he decided, but I thought he was very close to going to Dallas," Kidd said. "People will be very shocked to hear that or say I'm just saying that, but he really, truly, I think, wanted to play at home. That was one of his ideas, playing at home, but it just didn't work out this time around."

baj1dallas

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4611423 said:
Time to tank!

West
Carter
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

BOOM!!!

Problem is that even that team might be good enough to sneak into the playoffs, thus ensuring they are unable to pick up any more than a bench player in the draft.

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4611772 said:
They offered Deron the maximum amount allowable. Money was not the issue. They didn't low ball him or anything. With the stat of this team, I don't see them blowing big money on old guys unless all options are exhausted. All large investments will have long term goals in mind.

They swung and miissed oN DWill but it was not from lack of effort.
Then why did he sign Kidd when he could have got Dragic or Lin? I think he thinks he is going to get D12 and he isnt. Its time to rebuild and thats fine but why let Dirk suffer?

JackWagon

Reaction score
xout;4611139 said:
What's next?

Lots and lots of Shark Tank episodes.

:banghead:

Yep ... and lots of yelling at the media cause they ask tough questions like ... "How do you feel about not signing Chandler now .. you butthead."

Cuban is gonna turn into the biggest ****** in america until this team gets a new star.

Their best option really is to trade Dirk to an up and coming contender and get as many picks as they can from him. Actually i think they need to look at trading him to Brooklyn.

The fact is that the Mavs are no longer relevant in the NBA ... they are old and boring.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So they just resigned the geriatric Kidd to three more years?

I'd be so pissed if I were a Mavs fan.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
juck;4611766 said:

:facepalm:

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4611867 said:
Then why did he sign Kidd when he could have got Dragic or Lin? I think he thinks he is going to get D12 and he isnt. Its time to rebuild and thats fine but why let Dirk suffer?
I fear they're going to go one more year with a short term (and old) team to swing for fence one more time next summer.
Yeah, it bugs me too.
As for Kidd, they're paying next nothing for what they consider to be a player coach. I don't mind having Kidd for that cheap.
I thought Dragic might be a good option...but oh we'll.

Reaction score
Dallas is going after Ramon Sessions. Because of the Nash trade Sessions won't be resigning with the Lakers. L.A. is open to sign and trade. How about Sessions for Delonte Mavs fans?

Once they quickly get Jason Kidd underwraps, the #Mavs will try to get Laker free agent PG Ramon Sessions on their roster.

Source: Dwain Price