What other player besides Dak have we seen where fans told crticizers to find another team?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Because I can't remember another...

Thought we can talk about something else other than 10 pages of threads related to Dak contracts and myths.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well i wasn't on this forum then and I think it's apparent I haven't seen this where I came from. I do think it's a shame fans tell other fans to leave over an opinion of a player.

Ive been on all of the Cowboy forums since the days espn had forums. And that very Romo debate was on every one of them. I dont think its about a player. I think people get tired of seeing nit picking. Have to remember youre on a Dallas Cowboys fan forum. Me personally i see it a certain way, as if youre so miserable about this team why would you want to be a fan of a team who you cant root for but only complain? Youre just making it worse for yourself. Not saying you just in general.

I think Dak is criticized because he's not that QB who is in a offense thats "made for madden". Hell this team isnt built for that. And i really feel like that because you read it all the time. This team dont get the WRs who can run by everybody, they dont have the TE who can go deep, They dont have a rb that can lineup wide and beat CBs. This younger generation doesnt know this type of football dallas plays.

Since Dak is been in the nfl this team has the 2nd most wins in the NFL, he has the most game winning drives...Was it his fault they lost in 2016 to GB? Does he play defense? This past yr he outplayed goff, was it his fault the defense couldnt stop the run?

I understand some of the Dak criticisms like his accuracy and his turnovers. I understand he needs to get better, but to deny he is one of the better NFL QBs in the nfl is ridiculous. Most of these QBs in todays game are running a system that is designed to get players open, so it takes very little to get a big play because its there by design. Dallas runs offense that actually makes its QB run the offense. Eagles tried that with Wentz and he has a pass avg of 6.2. Rams tried that with Goff was 5.3. So they are strictly a system QB while Dak is not. He could pay in any system and give you a QB who can read a defense and can run a offense. Wentz and Goff can only run a system that gives them that quick hit by design.

Dak deserves what hes about to get because he's put in the work. Is he over criticized...hell yes. Does he deserve critique...hell yes because hes turning over the ball way too much. He;s missing the long ball with Gallup. But is that all his fault? I dont think so, because he doesnt seem to have that problem with Cooper. But there are times where he just misses Gallup.

nobody

Reaction score
Ive been on all of the Cowboy forums since the days espn had forums. And that very Romo debate was on every one of them. I dont think its about a player. I think people get tired of seeing nit picking. Have to remember youre on a Dallas Cowboys fan forum. Me personally i see it a certain way, as if youre so miserable about this team why would you want to be a fan of a team who you cant root for but only complain? Youre just making it worse for yourself. Not saying you just in general.

I think Dak is criticized because he's not that QB who is in a offense thats "made for madden". Hell this team isnt built for that. And i really feel like that because you read it all the time. This team dont get the WRs who can run by everybody, they dont have the TE who can go deep, They dont have a rb that can lineup wide and beat CBs. This younger generation doesnt know this type of football dallas plays.

Since Dak is been in the nfl this team has the 2nd most wins in the NFL, he has the most game winning drives...Was it his fault they lost in 2016 to GB? Does he play defense? This past yr he outplayed goff, was it his fault the defense couldnt stop the run?

I understand some of the Dak criticisms like his accuracy and his turnovers. I understand he needs to get better, but to deny he is one of the better NFL QBs in the nfl is ridiculous. Most of these QBs in todays game are running a system that is designed to get players open, so it takes very little to get a big play because its there by design. Dallas runs offense that actually makes its QB run the offense. Eagles tried that with Wentz and he has a pass avg of 6.2. Rams tried that with Goff was 5.3. So they are strictly a system QB while Dak is not. He could pay in any system and give you a QB who can read a defense and can run a offense. Wentz and Goff can only run a system that gives them that quick hit by design.

Dak deserves what hes about to get because he's put in the work. Is he over criticized...hell yes. Does he deserve critique...hell yes because hes turning over the ball way too much. He;s missing the long ball with Gallup. But is that all his fault? I dont think so, because he doesnt seem to have that problem with Cooper. But there are times where he just misses Gallup.

I supported Romo, and I now support Dak. What annoys me are the guys who were Romo bashers and are Dak supporters who use the same defensive comments for Dak that they poo pooed for Romo. They're so set in their stance that they can't see that maybe they were wrong about Romo or maybe they can't view Dak's weaknesses with an unbiased eye. Romo had has flaws and strengths, just as Dak does. They're not the same type of QB which makes it hard to really compare them. Then there's the obvious experience amount difference.

As long as Dak works on his game and improves, he should be given the benefit of the doubt. A QB can only do so much and the rest of the team needs to make sure to step up too. It's not just about wins/losses. If a team goes 9-7 and fails to make the playoffs, that's a failure of the season. If a team is 1 and done in the playoffs, it sucks, but at least they made the post-season. Teams win as a team. Teams lose as a team. So win/loss record is ridiculous when grading a qb. It's about how they play. They don't play in a vacuum either. So many things affect their play that they must be taken into account too.

Romo was a better QB skill-wise. Dak's a better leader and still has time to hone his skills. He might never be able to read defenses and have the pocket awareness that Romo did. He might never been as accurate downfield...but he doesn't have to be. There are many ways to win a football game and Dak has his own strengths.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well i wasn't on this forum then and I think it's apparent I haven't seen this where I came from. I do think it's a shame fans tell other fans to leave over an opinion of a player.
Why does it matter? You have the right to your opinion just as they have the right to theirs. Just like some like Booger or Garrett or Dak and some don't.

I never got the denigration of debate into name calling over Romo either but it was there and could easily fall to that again with Prescott. Anybody taking this silly crap that seriously needs a life adjustment.

Inny, when some can't argue the point, they attempt to argue the poster and there are some rather deeply entrenched posters here on certain topics that frustrate some other posters.

Some think this is bad, how in the hell would you like to moderate it?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

If, by "fans", you mean people who post on internet forums; people do that to each other all day, every day, for any number of reasons. Its up to the person being told to leave to grow a pair and either ignore them or tell them to stuff it.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Fans turn on their teams' players all the time. It doesn't matter how good they are, either, as long as the team isn't winning enough. Hell, Browns fans exist who turned on Joe Thomas because he didn't single-handedly save the franchise.

The internet just amplifies the noise made by the extremist fans on one side or the other. So you've got people comparing Dak to Brady one minute and Ryan Leaf the next, nevermind that both comparisons are incredibly idiotic on their face.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I supported Romo, and I now support Dak. What annoys me are the guys who were Romo bashers and are Dak supporters who use the same defensive comments for Dak that they poo pooed for Romo. They're so set in their stance that they can't see that maybe they were wrong about Romo or maybe they can't view Dak's weaknesses with an unbiased eye. Romo had has flaws and strengths, just as Dak does. They're not the same type of QB which makes it hard to really compare them. Then there's the obvious experience amount difference.

As long as Dak works on his game and improves, he should be given the benefit of the doubt. A QB can only do so much and the rest of the team needs to make sure to step up too. It's not just about wins/losses. If a team goes 9-7 and fails to make the playoffs, that's a failure of the season. If a team is 1 and done in the playoffs, it sucks, but at least they made the post-season. Teams win as a team. Teams lose as a team. So win/loss record is ridiculous when grading a qb. It's about how they play. They don't play in a vacuum either. So many things affect their play that they must be taken into account too.

Romo was a better QB skill-wise. Dak's a better leader and still has time to hone his skills. He might never be able to read defenses and have the pocket awareness that Romo did. He might never been as accurate downfield...but he doesn't have to be. There are many ways to win a football game and Dak has his own strengths.

;):D:p

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fans turn on their teams' players all the time. It doesn't matter how good they are, either, as long as the team isn't winning enough. Hell, Browns fans exist who turned on Joe Thomas because he didn't single-handedly save the franchise.

The internet just amplifies the noise made by the extremist fans on one side or the other. So you've got people comparing Dak to Brady one minute and Ryan Leaf the next, nevermind that both comparisons are incredibly idiotic on their face.

There will always be that group of uneducated football challenged fans that don't understand the game enough to do anything more than blame the QB.