What other player besides Dak have we seen where fans told crticizers to find another team?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much any controversial player.

The Dak arguments aren't even interesting, really.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
daknut huggers.. smh... so sensitive, they are like prepubescent teenagers in love with the "new american idol"...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
So someone is a great fan because they applaud and cheer ineptitude? Some fans just have higher standards. If the Cowboys suck and the coaching stinks or the player stinks, its just reality. What are you scared to talk about it? Does it hurt your feeewings? LOL

Being ignorant to reality doesn't make someone a good fan. It just makes them clueless.

Now coincidentally the last few years the Cowboys FO has shown a distinct change in how they roster build and its made a big difference. I know personally I have become much more positive because reality would dictate it.

There is hope in Dallas the way Stephen and McClay are running things. Now if we could just get them to fire Garrett and value coaching we might really have something special.

But your never going to hear me support horrid players like Jeff Heath, Soft Taco, and Chaz Green. And you will never hear me turn a blind eye to the horror show that is Jason Garrett.
If someone complains about everything to do with the team that won the division 3 of the last 5 years and made it to the divisional round all three of those years... then that isn’t “higher standards”... that’s something else entirely. The second best record in the league over the last 3 years and there is nothing to be happy over? Or not even happy... just not angry?

And I didn’t say anyone should change teams, I only said that I understood why someone might suggest a team that they don’t hate.

I clearly said complaining about almost all of the players, coaches and front office personnel.

I don’t know where you got the idea that I was saying a poor player can’t be criticized or that a bad move by the team can’t be called out.

I really thought my post was fairly easy to comprehend, my bad man.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I think most of Dak’s critique comes from what he replaced. Romo was an explosive, accurate passer who broke all of the relevant Cowboys passing records. Dak isn’t that guy. I think some fans, myself included, think you need an accurate pocket passer in this modern NFL more than you need what Dak is.

Romo got criticized for not winning the big one because of all of the fans who remember Aikman. Dak gets a lot of flack from fans who remember Romo. I think a lot of it is timing and how the transition was made. I also think it matters who fans enjoyed watching play. I think some of those Aikman fans who never warmed to Romo have a little extra skin in pulling for Dak.

This is a little different but I think up until this season, there would’ve been a lot of millennials argue that Lebron was the GOAT where as people from the 80s/90s would stand tough that MJ is the GOAT. Then you probably had older people during MJ’s time saying Kareem or Wilt. I think that it’s a lot to do with the narrative and also who made you care about watching the game.

I’m not a Dak fan because of his inability to thrive as a pure passer to this point. That’s how I like to see the QB position played. I have some bias because I enjoyed the way Romo played the game and Dak will never be that.

irishline

Reaction score
I sure can get used to those pro bowls, winning season, playoffs. In 3 years Dak nearly reached anything that Romo did in his 10 years here.

Maybe check again. In three years Dak and Romo achieved basically the same results in their first three years. same number playoff appearances, only one playoff win apart, same number of probowls, 3 winning seasons... and are one win overall different in their first 48 games (33 vs. 32)...

Never in my life will I understand the need to slam someone who played fairly well for us for a long period of time to try and prop someone else up. You want to slam Hutchinson, Leaf, Stoner, Carter, Wright, etc. gor for it. But neither Romo nor Dak are in their class.

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
Because I can't remember another...

Thought we can talk about something else other than 10 pages of threads related to Dak contracts and myths.
I can honestly say that this is nothing new, I can remember the talk of DM, CM, RS, DW and every QB sense along with Calvin Hill, Dwayne Thomas, Bob Hayes, Charlie Walters, and many more the only difference was it was done on talk radio or get togethers, now with the internet ,social media it is truly open season, I can still remember the boo's raining down on RS and DM, nothing has changed just the names and the access to voice one's opinion.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well i wasn't on this forum then and I think it's apparent I haven't seen this where I came from. I do think it's a shame fans tell other fans to leave over an opinion of a player.
some here will tell you to get another team due to any criticism they dont agree with or any criticism at all.
Best thing is to just ignore them.
The thing is the people who dont like dak and think he is awful should consider another team,
simply because he will be here for several more years. then come back if Dallas gets another QB.
I have other teams each year to root for besides dallas, but Dallas I like to watch them good or bad lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If someone complains about everything to do with the team that won the division 3 of the last 5 years and made it to the divisional round all three of those years... then that isn’t “higher standards”... that’s something else entirely. The second best record in the league over the last 3 years and there is nothing to be happy over? Or not even happy... just not angry?

And I didn’t say anyone should change teams, I only said that I understood why someone might suggest a team that they don’t hate.

I clearly said complaining about almost all of the players, coaches and front office personnel.

I don’t know where you got the idea that I was saying a poor player can’t be criticized or that a bad move by the team can’t be called out.

Who complains about everything as U suggested?

All I ever hear today is about dak, Garrett, Moore, taco, Heath.

HungryLion

Reaction score

It was really easy to comprehend actually. A poster who is always looking to attack and be argumentative with others, will always find a way.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
some here will tell you to get another team due to any criticism they dont agree with or any criticism at all.
Best thing is to just ignore them.
The thing is the people who dont like dak and think he is awful should consider another team,
simply because he will be here for several more years.
then come back if Dallas gets another QB.
I have other teams each year to root for besides dallas, but Dallas I like to watch them good or bad lol.
Agreed in red. ^^^^

But since they are miserable and can't have it their way by having Dak gone, some intentionally try to ruin it for others.

kskboys

Reaction score
Since I pay very little attention to those who talk this snarky trash, I really don't know. Questioning fanhood is the weakest form of attempted insults. I usually feel sorry for those who resort to that, as it's just so pathetic.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Since I pay very little attention to those who talk this snarky trash, I really don't know. Questioning fanhood is the weakest form of attempted insults. I usually feel sorry for those who resort to that, as it's just so pathetic.
That's what lame fans say.

...............................runs......................................

Bigdog

Reaction score
Roger Staubach mainly because he didn’t play much in the beginning and even he told Landry and said “play me or trade me.” I believe we still had Meredith too.

cern

Reaction score
Why does it matter? You have the right to your opinion just as they have the right to theirs. Just like some like Booger or Garrett or Dak and some don't.

I never got the denigration of debate into name calling over Romo either but it was there and could easily fall to that again with Prescott. Anybody taking this silly crap that seriously needs a life adjustment.

Inny, when some can't argue the point, they attempt to argue the poster and there are some rather deeply entrenched posters here on certain topics that frustrate some other posters.

Some think this is bad, how in the hell would you like to moderate it?
has anyone ever really left just because someone told them to over a matter of opinion? how pusillanimous would that be?:)

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You were a mod on the old board so that explains how everything got out of hand.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Who complains about everything as U suggested?

All I ever hear today is about dak, Garrett, Moore, taco, Heath.
Jerry?
Stephen?
Marinelli’s game planning (should be executed for Rams game)?
Marinelli’s Excitement in war room?
Richard (not playing Lewis)?
Moore?
Free agency approach?
Amount paid to our own free agents (over paying)?
Sean Lee?
La’el Collins?
Conner Williams?
Malik Collins?
Gregory?
Elliott (off field concerns and having the nerve to be taken 4th overall)?
Byron Jones?
Swaim?
Witten?
Shultz?
Crawford?
Garrett’s brother (yes I’m serious)?
Team slogans?
Stadium?
Pre season snaps?

Any of these complaints ringing a bell?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Ive been on all of the Cowboy forums since the days espn had forums. And that very Romo debate was on every one of them. I dont think its about a player. I think people get tired of seeing nit picking. Have to remember youre on a Dallas Cowboys fan forum. Me personally i see it a certain way, as if youre so miserable about this team why would you want to be a fan of a team who you cant root for but only complain? Youre just making it worse for yourself. Not saying you just in general.

I think Dak is criticized because he's not that QB who is in a offense thats "made for madden". Hell this team isnt built for that. And i really feel like that because you read it all the time. This team dont get the WRs who can run by everybody, they dont have the TE who can go deep, They dont have a rb that can lineup wide and beat CBs. This younger generation doesnt know this type of football dallas plays.

Since Dak is been in the nfl this team has the 2nd most wins in the NFL, he has the most game winning drives...Was it his fault they lost in 2016 to GB? Does he play defense? This past yr he outplayed goff, was it his fault the defense couldnt stop the run?

I understand some of the Dak criticisms like his accuracy and his turnovers. I understand he needs to get better, but to deny he is one of the better NFL QBs in the nfl is ridiculous. Most of these QBs in todays game are running a system that is designed to get players open, so it takes very little to get a big play because its there by design. Dallas runs offense that actually makes its QB run the offense. Eagles tried that with Wentz and he has a pass avg of 6.2. Rams tried that with Goff was 5.3. So they are strictly a system QB while Dak is not. He could pay in any system and give you a QB who can read a defense and can run a offense. Wentz and Goff can only run a system that gives them that quick hit by design.

Dak deserves what hes about to get because he's put in the work. Is he over criticized...hell yes. Does he deserve critique...hell yes because hes turning over the ball way too much. He;s missing the long ball with Gallup. But is that all his fault? I dont think so, because he doesnt seem to have that problem with Cooper. But there are times where he just misses Gallup.
Two things.

Being critical doesn't equate to being miserable. Viewing with a critical eye is the only way you get better. I know nothing we think or post has any affect on the team getting better but we are emotionally invested fans and armchair coaching and GMing is what we do.

Dak also misses on a ton of screens and short passes and that is his fault. See the opening second half drive of the Rams game for the most recent example.

And a bonus observation.
I've never seen the, find another team thing being a thing on this forum until recently.