What other player besides Dak have we seen where fans told crticizers to find another team?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Because I can't remember another...

Thought we can talk about something else other than 10 pages of threads related to Dak contracts and myths.

My suggestion would be to have been on this board between 2004 and 2012 and see the way those who doubted the moves by the team - fondly known as the realists - were treated.

Fact is it's still around, but not as aggressive.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Thought we can talk about something else other than 10 pages of threads related to Dak contracts and myths.
I’d say every single player in every sport that one fan admires and another attacks daily.

A lot of many fans annoyance, including my own, isn’t the criticism after a bad game, but it’s really annoying when you can’t read a fan forum after a very good performance or even a great comeback 4th quarter win without hearing someone with an agenda, or simply looking for attention by being adversarial, still complaining and attacking. “Well, we wouldn’t need a comeback win if he’d been better all game”.....probably true of every comeback ever.

It gets old when there’s simply nothing new to add to the argument, especially nothing new to add in the off-season, but in almost every thread, even ones that aren’t about QB play, fans insist on running the same tired argument over and over like a nagging spouse. Those of us who are happy having Dak as the franchise QB, warts and all, fans who range from idolizing him to seeing greatness to seeing potential, we have heard every argument about Dak.....at least 20 times per month. It’s disingenuous to assume we won’t tolerate a fellow fan criticizing Dak or any other player after a poor performance because at least there’s something fresh to say. But once you’ve said your peace, even in the off-season, unless someone initiates an argument with you, just drop it. Don’t rewrite it over and over every day. That gets so old.

I don’t know you, so I’m not saying that’s what you do. I’m using “you” for anyone with a negative opinion.....or a positive one for that matter. I just don’t want to hear the same exact thing over and over in an argumentative manner.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Romo comes to mind first... but many other’s do as well.

I don’t tell people which team to be a fan of, but I think when people do it’s because constantly complaining about the same player and being generally negative about Everything Dallas, from the players to the coaches and front office, it seems like they’re not really a fan anyway, and it gets tiresome to other’s who read that same negative take over and over.

If you don’t like most of the players, you don’t like the coaches, and you don’t like the front office/ownership... what are you really a fan of? The logo? Common sense would say that if your favorite team makes you cynical and miserable, then maybe it is time to be a fan of a team that... you know... you actually like.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Uff

Countless ones.
It was an honest question. I don't ever remember criticizers of Felix Jones, Jeff Heath, Matt Johnson, Tyron Smith, etc. ever told to go root for another team because someone got their feelings hurt. I've seen countless with Dak. I wasn't here for Romo, but I never experienced that on other forums when he was here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It was an honest question. I don't ever remember criticizers of Felix Jones, Jeff Heath, Matt Johnson, Tyron Smith, etc. ever told to go root for another team because someone got their feelings hurt. I've seen countless with Dak. I wasn't here for Romo, but I never experienced that on other forums when he was here.

I took you question honest. And i answered this that way.

I cant tell you exactly when and how often it happend. But to me for every harder critique it seems.there are posters her you react exactly the way you asked about.

In Romos case for sure. It happend to me.
I can remember the same happend with DWare.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I took you question honest. And i answered this that way.

I cant tell you exactly when and how often it happend. But to me for every harder critique it seems.there are posters her you react exactly the way you asked about.

In Romos case for sure. It happend to me.
I can remember the same happend with DWare
LOL well did you find another team?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I like Dak, but I get why he's a polarizing figure.

It was hard to see how Romo could be one, but he still was even after 2014. Somehow.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Romo… some hated, some loved and both groups dissed the other and often told them to find another team to cheer for.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The other 20 on the first two pages are ok? This is probably my third, unless you counted more...

Honestly...………..does it matter how many Dak threads they have? They can always restructure a few threads and push them into the future. LOL

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo.

The Romosexuals started it many years ago.

You should know this. You were there on the old forums.

The difference was that Romo was ranked #1 in NFl quarterback rankings and was being mercilessly crucified while the current imposter Is ranked #21 and being shored up by his apologists.

Oh, how the tables have turned. A Disaster in the making

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The difference was that Romo was ranked #1 in NFl quarterback rankings and was being mercilessly crucified while the current imposter Is ranked #21 and being shored up by his apologists.

Go follow another team!!! :laugh::flagwave:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo comes to mind first... but many other’s do as well.

I don’t tell people which team to be a fan of, but I think when people do it’s because constantly complaining about the same player and being generally negative about Everything Dallas, from the players to the coaches and front office, it seems like they’re not really a fan anyway, and it gets tiresome to other’s who read that same negative take over and over.

If you don’t like most of the players, you don’t like the coaches, and you don’t like the front office/ownership... what are you really a fan of? The logo? Common sense would say that if your favorite team makes you cynical and miserable, then maybe it is time to be a fan of a team that... you know... you actually like.

So someone is a great fan because they applaud and cheer ineptitude? Some fans just have higher standards. If the Cowboys suck and the coaching stinks or the player stinks, its just reality. What are you scared to talk about it? Does it hurt your feeewings? LOL

Being ignorant to reality doesn't make someone a good fan. It just makes them clueless.

Now coincidentally the last few years the Cowboys FO has shown a distinct change in how they roster build and its made a big difference. I know personally I have become much more positive because reality would dictate it.

There is hope in Dallas the way Stephen and McClay are running things. Now if we could just get them to fire Garrett and value coaching we might really have something special.

But your never going to hear me support horrid players like Jeff Heath, Soft Taco, and Chaz Green. And you will never hear me turn a blind eye to the horror show that is Jason Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...….Maybe you should go root for another team. Dak is about to sign a nice long term contract. LOL

I sure can get used to those pro bowls, winning season, playoffs. In 3 years Dak nearly reached anything that Romo did in his 10 years here.

Still sore that Dak outplayed Romo for the job and then Romo quit on you? Don't blame Dak because he had what was arguably the best rookie season by a QB in NFL history.