What other player besides Dak have we seen where fans told crticizers to find another team?

InTheZone

Reaction score
I started on the old Fort Worth star telegram board in 02. It got shut down in 06.
I think I was on espn around that time and was probably the last thing I used from them when they finally shut that down.

Number1

Reaction score
Because I can't remember another...

Thought we can talk about something else other than 10 pages of threads related to Dak contracts and myths.

Romo, Carter, Cunningham, Pelluer, White, Staubach, and Morton.

Probably Meredith and LeBaron too but ain't old enough to have witnessed it.

You must be new. This is Dallas.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was banned from the old forums too. It was so clicky with the mods and certain members. Not as bad here. But Oldschoolbum, Ksk, Girlsgonewild, and a few others. I just put them on ignore here.

Back to the thread at hand. I couldn't stand Romo and was so happy when we finally moved on. He had talent but the team suffered because of him. Some things his fault some not his fault (injuries).
Dang, dude, you need to grow up and get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
K, did you feel that way in the old boards? When those few of us questioned Romo's performance back then, we had our fanhood attacked and questioned. For the record, I agree with you. If I do it now, it's out of fun, hence the :D:p afterwards.
I did.

However, the Romo forum was so ridiculous, most members simply stayed away from it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Two things.

Being critical doesn't equate to being miserable. Viewing with a critical eye is the only way you get better. I know nothing we think or post has any affect on the team getting better but we are emotionally invested fans and armchair coaching and GMing is what we do.

Dak also misses on a ton of screens and short passes and that is his fault. See the opening second half drive of the Rams game for the most recent example.

And a bonus observation.
I've never seen the, find another team thing being a thing on this forum until recently.
Good post , I agree
find another team thing......I think what they really mean is I dont like reading your negative posts, because they make sense
and bring me down , so please go away and dont post here anymore!
And to those people I say if you see a post is negative or not to your liking , look at name of poster and then put them on ignore.
That way you dont see their posts anymore ! voila ! they are gone !
Only thing is if you do it to all the negative posters lol then the forum might appear a little empty or dead to you :muttley:

75boyz

Reaction score
I think most of Dak’s critique comes from what he replaced. Romo was an explosive, accurate passer who broke all of the relevant Cowboys passing records. Dak isn’t that guy. I think some fans, myself included, think you need an accurate pocket passer in this modern NFL more than you need what Dak is.

Romo got criticized for not winning the big one because of all of the fans who remember Aikman. Dak gets a lot of flack from fans who remember Romo. I think a lot of it is timing and how the transition was made. I also think it matters who fans enjoyed watching play. I think some of those Aikman fans who never warmed to Romo have a little extra skin in pulling for Dak.

This is a little different but I think up until this season, there would’ve been a lot of millennials argue that Lebron was the GOAT where as people from the 80s/90s would stand tough that MJ is the GOAT. Then you probably had older people during MJ’s time saying Kareem or Wilt. I think that it’s a lot to do with the narrative and also who made you care about watching the game.

I’m not a Dak fan because of his inability to thrive as a pure passer to this point. That’s how I like to see the QB position played. I have some bias because I enjoyed the way Romo played the game and Dak will never be that.

Very nice bro. A strong and well stated, fact based opinion. One that I too, wholeheartedly agree with. I agree with Shabazz too though, his filter just isn't as politically correct. Lol :)

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Well I see his name already posted, but yeah... Tony Romo

It is getting close with Dak but the Romo wars here still take the cake

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
AC, Cowboys_bragger, and Casper come to memory of the "fans" who ruined the other forum crying every day and night. Sort like they are doing now.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I think most of Dak’s critique comes from what he replaced. Romo was an explosive, accurate passer who broke all of the relevant Cowboys passing records. Dak isn’t that guy. I think some fans, myself included, think you need an accurate pocket passer in this modern NFL more than you need what Dak is.

Romo got criticized for not winning the big one because of all of the fans who remember Aikman. Dak gets a lot of flack from fans who remember Romo. I think a lot of it is timing and how the transition was made. I also think it matters who fans enjoyed watching play. I think some of those Aikman fans who never warmed to Romo have a little extra skin in pulling for Dak.

This is a little different but I think up until this season, there would’ve been a lot of millennials argue that Lebron was the GOAT where as people from the 80s/90s would stand tough that MJ is the GOAT. Then you probably had older people during MJ’s time saying Kareem or Wilt. I think that it’s a lot to do with the narrative and also who made you care about watching the game.

I’m not a Dak fan because of his inability to thrive as a pure passer to this point. That’s how I like to see the QB position played. I have some bias because I enjoyed the way Romo played the game and Dak will never be that.
Great post.

You explained my thoughts to a tee.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I keep reading random comments that don't make any sense, then I realized I have a third of the members on ignore.

This place is a much happier one for me once I started using that amazing feature. :)