What pick at 26 would upset you the most

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
uh what about last year when we picked Smith at 26? I think we have a real chance to duplicate what we did last year. I'd luv Smitz or Avila/Jones. Any of them are day 1 starters.
Smith wasnt a reach last year. There were two other teams getting ready to draft him. How about Strange. NE reached for him and he was equally awful in run and pass pro. If you want to do worse thing with that pick, spend it in a 2nd round interior lineman. It worked once with Frederick, and people think its a good philosophy. Its not

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Massive?

Personally I'd be thrilled. Shore up that OL because they are in a state of transition given who they lost the last couple of years and will lose the next couple of years.
Yes massive. Those are 2nd round prospects. Why would you reach for a 2nd round talent and one of the lowest value positions in the first round.

morasp

Reaction score
Any potential guy that didn't do that much production wise on the field but just needs more snaps and he'll be really good. Also anyone with medical red flags or trouble getting on the field due to an injury history in college.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a nice rd 1 value guy will be there at 26. It happens every year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Smith wasnt a reach last year. There were two other teams getting ready to draft him. How about Strange. NE reached for him and he was equally awful in run and pass pro. If you want to do worse thing with that pick, spend it in a 2nd round interior lineman. It worked once with Frederick, and people think its a good philosophy. Its not
thats the point.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If they are, I'm sprinting to the podium
They’d be hard to beat. I think you’ve got 4 legit 1st round OTs this year.

What could make 1 fall is if a G starved team or 2 take Torrence / Avila in front of us. Or even a C.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I would gladly take the center from University of Minnesota John Michael Schmitz at #26.
He’s a good player, but Tyler B has developed very nicely IMO.

For that reason I wouldn’t take him + 26 feels a bit rich.