What pick at 26 would upset you the most

Rayman70

Reaction score
Would you rather do something smart, or something that "can be done"
did u know anything about Tyler Smith when we drafted him? If I recall, many were upset after we reached for a guy from Tulsa. Thats a fact. He was viewed as a nice player that was raw. Luckily our scouts knew what they were doing. Lets see what we do. I'm going to trust them if we draft another olineman at 26.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Saw a couple mocks with Keion White to Dallas - Hugh NO.

Watched too many games with sub-par play from Bryan Bresee so he's a Decent NO.

A slight disappointment would be to take smallish receiver (to play alongside our "new" smallish receiver) that's only being discussed due to lack of top tier receiver talent in this year's draft. So for me Zay Flowers is a Mild NO.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
did u know anything about Tyler Smith when we drafted him? If I recall, many were upset after we reached for a guy from Tulsa. Thats a fact. He was viewed as a nice player that was raw. Luckily our scouts knew what they were doing. Lets see what we do. I'm going to trust them if we draft another olineman at 26.
I know that at least too other teams were going to draft him in the first round. I also know he was an offensive tackle, not a Guard like Avila and Torrence. So Im not exactly sure serves your point

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Any player who:
1. Has off the field issues.
2. Not ready to be a starter but has "upside" or "potential".
3. Is recovering from an injury or had multiple injuries in college.
4. "Needs coaching to fix X part of his game.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I know that at least too other teams were going to draft him in the first round. I also know he was an offensive tackle, not a Guard like Avila and Torrence. So Im not exactly sure serves your point
I think Avila would be a reach. I also think he won’t be there at 58. IMO not as good a prospect as the Guards that went in round 1 last year. They may seem him in a different way. We’ll see.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If I were a cowboys fan, I wouldn’t love them trading out of the first round.

Collecting mid round picks implies building for future years when Dallas can make some moves and be at the cusp either in 2023 or 2024. Draft someone who you can project to start for you before 2025 at a crucial position. To me an extra 3rd and 4th round pick doesn’t beat that.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I were a cowboys fan, I wouldn’t love them trading out of the first round.

Collecting mid round picks implies building for future years when Dallas can make some moves and be at the cusp either in 2023 or 2024. Draft someone who you can project to start for you before 2025 at a crucial position. To me an extra 3rd and 4th round pick doesn’t beat that.
Trading down is overrated. Its coveted by fans that are hooked on mock simulators, but NFL teams usually trade down as a contingency

Verdammung

Reaction score
Assuming I have to pick someone being talked about in the 1st round range?
Disappointed: Will Levis, Quentin Johnston, Zay Flowers, Darnell Washington, Cam Smith
Upset: Mazi Smith, Hendon Hooker

Spottswoode

Reaction score
PSA for those who will be upset with a guard…be prepared. If Dallas likes Avila and thinks he has multi position versatility, I think they might pull the trigger at #26 or maybe a trade down. He has played every position on the line, was an All Big 12 and/or All American at C and G, and was a team leader. The Cowboys love that stuff. It was reported that Tennessee has had extensive talks with him and 2 of their primary needs are LG and WR. They have pick 41, so if Dallas wants him, he might not make it past 41.

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes but we aren't limited to Guard. Smitz can play all 5 line spots. Wright can play Guard as well as tackle.