What pick at 26 would upset you the most

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yep. Like Taco.

The Cowboys don’t miss.
Every team misses.

History shows that no one drafts in the first round better than the cowboys.

I’m sure there are other threads you could comment on that wouldn’t be a reach like this was.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think Avila would be a reach. I also think he won’t be there at 58. IMO not as good a prospect as the Guards that went in round 1 last year. They may seem him in a different way. We’ll see.
I want Avila on our team, just not at 26.

He’s got that dog in him which is huge in an offensive lineman.

He’s a leader.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Trading down is overrated. Its coveted by fans that are hooked on mock simulators, but NFL teams usually trade down as a contingency
It depends on how far.

Dropping four or five spots when you have three guys on your board at 26 and you feel good about your read on the four teams behind you is a solid move.

I wouldn’t be mad if they traded to 35 and picked up a late third.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Every team misses.

History shows that no one drafts in the first round better than the cowboys.

I’m sure there are other threads you could comment on that wouldn’t be a reach like this was.
“History shows” ???? Okay.

The 70s era Steelers and 80s era 49ers would like a word. Even if you want to credit Jimmy’s 90s era drafts it’s an incredibly subjective theory that no one drafts better in the first round.

Also, where’s the Super Bowl success the last three decades? All great drafting teams are linked to Super Bowl championships.

The Cowboys have been much better lately. They have also been lucky. CeeDee falling to 17. 11 teams including the Cowboys at 10 passing on Micah Parsons. Diggs falling to the mid 2nd round.

They’re also very capable of crapping the bed. Taco was not only a bad pick but their strategy or reasoning was trash. Trysten Hill was also a big miss.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can see Mazi Smith and Will Levis fall drastically, as well as Forbes. I think early to mid rd 2 is where they get drafted. Levis is a real project QB. Smith isnt an every down DT. Forbes' weight is a big issue.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Saw a couple mocks with Keion White to Dallas - Hugh NO.

Watched too many games with sub-par play from Bryan Bresee so he's a Decent NO.

A slight disappointment would be to take smallish receiver (to play alongside our "new" smallish receiver) that's only being discussed due to lack of top tier receiver talent in this year's draft. So for me Zay Flowers is a Mild NO.
I wouldn't be upset with Bresee because the talent is there but he's had more than his share of injury problems. I would be concerned about the injury problems, but can applaud the attempt to fix the DT problem we've had for years.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset with Bresee because the talent is there but he's had more than his share of injury problems. I would be concerned about the injury problems, but can applaud the attempt to fix the DT problem we've had for years.
Add to his injury history, the loss of his sister and the emotional roller-coaster that kid had to ride watching her go through that.

I truly wish him nothing but the best wherever he lands. He seems to be a very high-character individual.

cristglo

Reaction score
Kincaide- Not that I dont think he is a good TE he is just not a complete TE. His back injury is a major Red Flag and his blocking is worse than Diggs tackling.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think a lot of these players mentioned would upset me. If I had to pick one, probably Zay Flowers.

I think there's only a few 1st round grade guards too. But these offensive lineman are tough to judge. I though Tyler Smith was a reach and he looked better than Evan Neal.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Avila is a really good prospect. I just can’t envision a scenario where he is ranked high enough to be taken at 26.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
From what I watched of him (admittedly not a lot), I can't understand how he could possibly be in the mix at 26. Felt more like a guy who should go closer to 50.
Avila is a really good prospect. I just can’t envision a scenario where he is ranked high enough to be taken at 26.
So assuming we're wiped out with our 1st Rd Grades, it isnt about about where players are drafted, isn't more about how we stack our 2nd Rd Grades.

Everyone left has a certain question mark, do our FO prefer: positional value, need, development potential and do they take into account strength of that positional group compared to other years?

cnuball21

Reaction score
He won’t be…but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we reached and picked him.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
-Micheal Mayer. It'd bum me out to spend a first round pick on Dalton Schultz Jr.

-Steve Avila. Reaching for a low value position is terrible process. And reaching so we can "establish" an inefficient offensive scheme, because our coach doesn't want to score as many points as possible, would be stupid squared.

-Jahmayr Gibbs. He'd get Felix Jones style wasted in Dallas.

-Mazi Smith. He's an "uber athletic run stopper", who has mediocre measurables and got ran over by Ohio State and TCU.

-Bryan Bresee. At this point, he's all hat and no cattle. Mosher comp'ed him to Robert Nkemdiche, and I can't unsee it.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
-Micheal Mayer. It'd bum me out to spend a first round pick on Dalton Schultz Jr.

-Steve Avila. Reaching for a low value position is terrible process. And reaching so we can "establish" an inefficient offensive scheme, because our coach doesn't want to score as many points as possible, would be stupid squared.

-Jahmayr Gibbs. He'd get Felix Jones style wasted in Dallas.

-Mazi Smith. He's an "uber athletic run stopper", who has mediocre measurables and got ran over by Ohio State and TCU.

-Bryan Bresee. At this point, he's all hat and no cattle. Mosher comp'ed him to Robert Nkemdiche, and I can't unsee it.
I think there is very little chance that we take either DT. Mayer I think is a real possibilty. Avila who knows. Gibbs is dynamic. And if I were confident on how we would use him, I would race the card to the podium. Dude is a game changer IMO.