What position and who in first round

TheDank

Reaction score
OL - If I had to bet C, but OT is pretty likely as well.

DT, WR, CB, LB are the next most likely in descending order IMO.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
O-line, given the recent word on two potential departures.

Alt, Fuaga, Latham, Fashanu, and Powers-Johnson should be off the board by our pick. A wildcard could be Fautanu as I’ve seen him projected all over the board but man, he showed some serious movement skills this weekend. I’d take him if he’s there but I think he may have worked his way just out of reach.

Realistic options could be Guyton, Mims, Barton, or Morgan.

Out of that group, I’ll admit that Mims scares me a bit (but a potential very high ceiling), but I’m good with any of those guys as I believe the selection will outperform last years 1st rounder.

cowboybish

Reaction score

Alt, Fuaga, Latham, Fashanu, and Powers-Johnson should be off the board by our pick. A wildcard could be Fautanu as I’ve seen him projected all over the board but man, he showed some serious movement skills this weekend. I’d take him if he’s there but I think he may have worked his way just out of reach.

Out of that group, I’ll admit that Mims scares me a bit (but a potential very high ceiling), but I’m good with any of those guys as I believe the selection will outperform last years 1st rounder.
Mims scares me too. 360 pounds is a lot to move around and I could see him breaking down with injuries. Would like to see him lose 25 pounds at the professional level.

rambo2

Reaction score
What position do you think we will draft with the first pick and who do you think it will be?
It looks like oline and I think they will be missing out on an outstanding receiver in Adonai Mitchell.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Mims scares me too. 360 pounds is a lot to move around and I could see him breaking down with injuries. Would like to see him lose 25 pounds at the professional level.
He’s big but he isn’t sloppy. He’s a freakshow athlete with a higher RAS than Tyler Snith had.

He also suprisingly polished considering the lack of gameplay…going back to Tyler well ahead of where he was as a prospect.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we can somehow land Troy Fautanu LT/LG from Washington, and get a center in the 4th that would solidify our line. Dude is a monster. Then Dak won't have any excuses, and if he stinks it up the next QB won't suffer with horrible OL play after we move on from Dak.
We don't have a 4th.

kskboys

Reaction score
My thoughts are we trade out of the 1st, pick up an extra 2nd + another pick. With two picks now in the 2nd round we grab OT and then a Center.
R3 - LB
R4 - RB
We don't have a 4th.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
My thoughts are we trade out of the 1st, pick up an extra 2nd + another pick. With two picks now in the 2nd round we grab OT and then a Center.
R3 - LB
R4 - RB
We are not trading down, Jerry has made it evident in interviews they are drafting to make an impact this year rather than for the future.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Hasn’t he only started 8 games and has some injury history? I would be be very hesitant to draft in 1st round.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It looks like we are backed into LT. Considering the Cowboys have a near unlimited tolerance for drafting risk, I think that Mims or Guyton are your most likely targets.

Payton Wilson also screams Cowboys pick.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
It makes little sense to draft Tyron's replacement in the 1st round when we already did that 2 years ago. By all means, draft one later on. But it makes more sense to draft C in the first. It's the easiest and fastest way to improve the OL and the running game and make the game simpler for the QB, whoever that is.
Problem is, there are those in the organization who believe Tyler Smith can be a HOF at Guard as opposed to just pretty good at OT. So do you move him?

I take C in the first. DT and LB aren't worth the 24th pick. They should be the picks in Round 2 and 3. I don't care when they draft RB. If someone, drops this year, I'm not sure we are in a position to draft another Ceedee.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
OT. Latham. Just have a feeling Jerry will want a massive LT to protect his soon to be $60 million QB.

If he's gone by #24, then Mims...

Chasing6

Reaction score
OL - If I had to bet C, but OT is pretty likely as well.

DT, WR, CB, LB are the next most likely in descending order IMO.
We love versatile Olineman and it has been stated we need a more powerful Center or we would just resign Biadasz.

JPJ can play guard or Center at a high level.

Barton can play all 5 positions, but is more suitable for Guard/Center.

I believe if wither of these two are their that will be our pick in that order.

There are 2 other natural Centers that would likely be available in round 2 and 3.

I could see us potentially taking 2 OLineman in the top 3 rounds. If we don't bring back Tyron.

Creeper

Reaction score
Impossible to say until we know who goes in the first 23 picks before us. What if Chop Robinson, Mims, Sweat, Dallas Turner, and Quinyon Mitchell are available and Dallas is on the clock?

Let's assume Jerry does not sign any of the top DTs before the draft. He let's Tyron and Biadasz walk, as well as Pollard and he designates Gallup as a post-June 1 cut.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Impossible to say until we know who goes in the first 23 picks before us. What if Chop Robinson, Mims, Sweat, Dallas Turner, and Quinyon Mitchell are available and Dallas is on the clock?

Let's assume Jerry does not sign any of the top DTs before the draft. He let's Tyron and Biadasz walk, as well as Pollard and he designates Gallup as a post-June 1 cut.
I have no interest in Sweat in round 1. Especially if we are going to ask him to lose 66 lbs.

rambo2

Reaction score

Guyton scares me because he played right tackle not left.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

I'm probably going Mims, but any of those guys would be worth the pick. There's not a bad call you could make there.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Graham Barton...his versatility gives us more flexibility.
Some think the cowboys have forced themselves into drafting an OT in the first, but I don't think they see it that way. They probably feel that they are fine with Tyler, Richards, Waletzko battling it out for that LT spot. Most of you I'm sure disagree, but you should agree that the cowboys always do things differently than what we expect.