What position is most likely to be BPA at 58?

DRella

Reaction score
I would say needs in order at 58 would be:

S, DE, LB, CB, DT, TE, WR, RB

Although LB and CB starters are set. We are going to need someone to fill in for Lee when he gets injured (cause he will). At CB, a lot of players are coming up on FA next season. We need depth here to backfill.

Everything else is self explanatory.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
None of our other recent top picks looked like a reach. Some were less flashy due to the position, but for a DE Taco looked like a dud before he was drafted. There was literally nothing I was impressed with in his "highlights". It just reminded me of them overrating the player like they did with Brandon Carr when they showed off his highlights as he made his way to Dallas.

LVE was 2x the reach Taco was

Taco was the opposite of a reach, he was seen as the safe pick but not flashy. So exactly backwards of what you're saying.

InTheZone

Reaction score
LVE was 2x the reach Taco was
No, he was not flashy, but he had all the tools. I was neither excited or disappointed, but he turned out great...so far. Taco just looked like a sloth in a jersey. I didn't see him making plays even in his highlights lol.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No, he was not flashy, but he had all the tools. I was neither excited or disappointed, but he turned out great...so far. Taco just looked like a sloth in a jersey. I didn't see him making plays even in his highlights lol.

You can say whatever you want, but you're wrong and using revisionist history.

Taco was seen as the safe pick, not flashy at all, but was widely considered a 1dt rounder that we got at the end of the 1st.

LVE was a physical specimen that blew up the combine, and was seen as a 1st/2nd rounder that we took in the middle of the 1st.

Taco was the safe pick, LVE was the reach. I'm just letting you know.

InTheZone

Reaction score

Taco was seen as the safe pick, not flashy at all, but was widely considered a 1dt rounder that we got at the end of the 1st.

LVE was a physical specimen that blew up the combine, and was seen as a 1st/2nd rounder that we took in the middle of the 1st.

I'm letting you know there was nothing safe about an underperforming lineman where nothing looked better than any other low round end coming out. Even if he was a late round pick I wouldn't be excited. I'm telling you from my perspective. Give it a label all you want, my opinion from him hasn't changed since the day he was drafted.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm letting you know there was nothing safe about an underperforming lineman where nothing looked better than any other low round end coming out. Even if he was a late round pick I wouldn't be excited. I'm telling you from my perspective. Give it a label all you want, my opinion from him hasn't changed since the day he was drafted.
Underperforming? Lmao
Player that was #2 in the Big 10 in sacks and #8 in TFLs in the Big 10. You're just making stuff up now.
There were many things Taco looked better at than the lower round DEs obviously, that's why nearly everyone had him going in the 1st round.

That's great your opinion hasnt changed, mine hasnt either. I'm just informing you that calling him a reach is incorrect. Say you didn't want him, that's cool with me because I didnt want him either, but saying he was a reach while also saying LVE wasnt is just flat out false.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Underperforming? Lmao
Player that was #2 in the Big 10 in sacks and #8 in TFLs in the Big 10. You're just making stuff up now.
There were many things Taco looked better at than the lower round DEs obviously, that's why nearly everyone had him going in the 1st round.

That's great your opinion hasnt changed, mine hasnt either. I'm just informing you that calling him a reach is incorrect. Say you didn't want him, that's cool with me because I didnt want him either, but saying he was a reach while also saying LVE wasnt is just flat out false.
From pre draft, LVE had fundamentals from what I was being shown. I wasn't even aware of his athletic ability as I actually thought it was average until I saw him play with a star on his helmet.

Taco just looked like a nobody in every highlight. Slow and more slow. I don't care what his stats said, every play I saw of him involved someone else setting it up for him.

I'm done giving my opinion and you telling me it's easy to say after the fact, even though it never changed before or after.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

From pre draft, LVE had fundamentals from what I was being shown. I wasn't even aware of his athletic ability as I actually thought it was average until I saw him play with a star on his helmet.

Taco just looked like a nobody in every highlight. Slow and more slow. I don't care what his stats said, every play I saw of him involved someone else setting it up for him.

I'm done giving my opinion and you telling me it's easy to say after the fact, even though it never changed before or after.

Taco was not a reach. He was a consensus 1st rounder.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And again, from what I saw he was overrated, and didn't look very good. So a reach in my book.

That's not the definition of a reach.

A reach is taking a player much earlier than any other team was likely to have taken that player.

The mainstream draft media get feedback from NFL teams. They don't get exact rankings but if teams thought Taco was a 3rd round or later type pick some (probably most) of the well known draft media would not have had him rated as a 1st round pick.

You can take credit if you didn't like the pick at the time. If you posted that then you were correct; however, that does not make the pick a reach.

A reach was drafting Shante Carver in the 1st round when literally no other team was going to draft him in the 1st and probably not in the 2nd. Carver himself said he expected to get drafted in the 5th.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Between our free agents signings and our pre draft visits you can bank on us drafting a safety, DT, WR, and TE. More visits being revealed will paint an even clearer picture.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hard to say I expect to see an early run on DL in the draft would not be shocked to see a top tier safety drop.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
We've listed our needs which include DE, DT, OL and S as the highest need but what if the BPA is LB or RB?

Is there not a need for a 3rd LB since Wilson is gone and what about a hybrid RB to add to the weapons on offense? What about adding speed to the RB's?

The answer lies in what it is easier to build and to me, that is offense. The best D in the league, stat wise, was CHI and they couldn't advance and the two teams in the NFCCG hardly had great D's.

What if the BPA is a RB? Take him or go for need? What if he's a good enough back to replace Elliott in 2020 and that's one less position to be concerned about with the amount he will want?

And what if Michigan LB, Devin Bush, is there at 58? Or AL's Mack Wilson?

It is unlikely that either of those LB's is there but every year a position slips and changes the BPA position.

So, are you a BPA or needs picker?
Needs to be Dline

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Needs to be Dline
Can't argue that if they did sign Lawrence and Gregory was re-instated because the DL was a mediocre one last season with them. And unless there is a run on them early, DE or DT could easily be the BPA at 58, or be close enough, as well as the position of need.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I am always about the present, the only season that matters is the one coming up.

Teams that over-focus on the current season historically make bad decisions.

The Patriots always look towards the season after the current season as much or more than the current season.