What position will Bell play for Zim?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
With Bell at 205 i don't want him at LB whatsoever....enough of that failed experiment. Keep him where he belongs at one of the S positions. Him at SS and Donovan at FS would be fine with me. Gotta get some REAL LBs on this team, have we not learned anything?
He was 212 at the combine, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't bulk up some with Quinn.

Pre-draft measurables
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jump
6 ft 2+1⁄8 in
(1.88 m)
212 lb
(96 kg)
32+3⁄8 in
(0.82 m)
9+3⁄8 in
(0.24 m)
4.41 s1.51 s2.56 s4.37 s7.25 s36.5 in
(0.93 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever position Kearse plays is fine with me. I thought Bell played really well this year as a very undersized linebacker. In the end it really didn’t work but the guy played well for us this year and I’m excited to see what he can do next year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Whatever position Kearse plays is fine with me. I thought Bell played really well this year as a very undersized linebacker. In the end it really didn’t work but the guy played well for us this year and I’m excited to see what he can do next year.
I don't see Kearse returning..........

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Do you think we have our starting FS already on the roster?
Hooker just got extended he is going to start, but not a high level starter. I think Wilson is going to be the key as I see Zimmer trying to use him like Harrison and Woodson.

Jarntt

Reaction score
There is no discussion. Bell is not a LBer in a base defense. Just like Neal wasn't in 2021 and then Kearse wasn't in 2022 when played there. Those decisions were Quinn's biggest mistakes IMO. In the nickel? Sure, do whatever you want with Bell, because the specialty packages blur the lines between responsibilities, but he should be an in-the-box/SS on early downs and nothing else

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No hybrid / flex crap. Play a regular solid defense. And tackle properly.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I don't see Kearse returning..........
If Kearse returns then we deserve to lose. Hopefully Bell can handle some pass defense to go along with the stellar run defense and be a physical presence from the secondary similar to what Kearse used to bring.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Marquise Bell won't fit in at linebacker, so what should be likely to happen is a switch to strong safety for him. Whether he's able to handle the new coverage responsibilities will be important for his success, no doubt. I do believe the necessary talent in there for him to find success.