What questions would you ask Dan Quinn if you were interviewing him for HC?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You get a few hours to interview him for HC. Be cognizant of the fact that Dan Quinn is likely not going to go into detail on sensitive topics like next year’s draft, present Cowboy players, and Cowboy FAs next year. That is because Quinn doesn’t want to give away secrets in case he doesn’t get the HC gig.

I wonder if Jerry and other teams have certain management, coaches, and scouts under NDAs. Certain topics are off limit.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What happened in the super bowl?
Maybe the same thing that happened in the Jets Super Bowl win. Someone bet a lot of money and Earl Morrall did his part.

“Bubba Smith claimed in his 1983 autobiography, "Kill, Bubba, Kill," that the game may have been fixed to aid the merger of the AFL with the NFL.

Smith, a two-time Pro Bowler who died in 2011, claimed that he initially brushed off the idea that the game was fixed. But years later, he said in interviews that he was told of the game being fixed by "a bookmaker in New York and members of the NFL Players Association." Smith also said that the game didn't sit right with him afterwards and was baffled by how the Colts had the ball inside the Jets' 20-yard line five times in the first half but failed to score.”

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd probably ask him about my teams current roster, see what he knows about them, how he evaluates them. If my team played the Cowboys this year I'm really digging into that area. I'm also asking him about the direction he thinks the NFL is going and what he believes is the next schematic advantage they could get in front of. Obviously you're going to talk plays for the star players and how they fit within the schemes a new HC would run, and what the plan would be at the QB position. I'd also pick his brain on how he would go about building out a coaching staff, maybe not with specific names, but there should be some sort of general strategy. Probably dive into what he learned from his time in Atlanta, and how he would approach a new HC position differently, etc.

I'd actually be pretty surprised if there was a NDA coaches have to follow while interviewing. I'd imagine they wont talk about specific gameplans for the upcoming playoff games, but aside from that I don't really see a need to hide anything. Playoff teams haven't really discussed the following years plans at that point, and everything else is on tape.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
How much more money than what Jerry has promised you do I have to pay for you to walk away from Dallas..

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
How will you condition your players differently from present, so that they are not fully exhausted from bending all day, and not break in the 4th quarter, when needed most.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
As a head coach, what would be your ideal relationship with the GM? Who would have final say and veto power over player acquisition via draft and free agency and cuts?
Who would you want as your OC and DC and why? How confident are you that they will come here with you?
How would you coach differently now compared to when you were with Atlanta? Lessons learned?
How long would it take to incorporate your style of defense with this team?
How would you handle your differences of opinion with the OC and DC?
Are you willing to call plays on defense?
Would you be angry and opposed if the owner got involved for any reason at any time?

I will bet all 7 of the above questions are asked during the interview.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You get a few hours to interview him for HC. Be cognizant of the fact that Dan Quinn is likely not going to go into detail on sensitive topics like next year’s draft, present Cowboy players, and Cowboy FAs next year. That is because Quinn doesn’t want to give away secrets in case he doesn’t get the HC gig.

I wonder if Jerry and other teams have certain management, coaches, and scouts under NDAs. Certain topics are off limit.
Do you know what a DT is, can your defense stop the run, and not give up +20 point leads?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Can you not build a team up like you did with the Cowboys where you have undersized players that can't stop the run when playing a physical running team?

I'm not sold on his philosophy. I hope and pray I'm wrong but if we get beat it will be because of that.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Can you not build a team up like you did with the Cowboys where you have undersized players that can't stop the run when playing a physical running team?

I'm not sold on his philosophy. I hope and pray I'm wrong but if we get beat it will be because of that.
Oops. Brain farted. I thought the question was for another team interviewing him.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200.gif
Do you plan on wearing your hat backwards if we select you?

Hadenough

Reaction score

Along with not being able to run.