What questions would you ask Dan Quinn if you were interviewing him for HC?

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Mr Quinn, what was your approach to stepping in and taking control of play calling when the SB was starting to slip away?

If you could do it over again, what would you do differently when things began to get tight?

How much imput would you want on drafting and FA signings?

Which assistants would you bring in. How would they change the fortunes of the organization?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Along with not being able to run.
Yep. Forgot to mention that. I'm excited for the opportunity we have but I know we can't run and stop the run. Not a good formula for long term success. I said at the beginning of the predict the season thread, Dak would have to be the bus driver and let our D take us to where we need to go. But Dak has to be a lot more than that with no run game and our banged-up line. It's been the Dak and CD show. Let's hope and pray that continues.

Tractor1

Reaction score
With the NFL legislating defense out of the game why should we hire you instead of a innovative offensive mind?

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
What is your name?

What is your quest?

What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep. Forgot to mention that. I'm excited for the opportunity we have but I know we can't run and stop the run. Not a good formula for long term success. I said at the beginning of the predict the season thread, Dak would have to be the bus driver and let our D take us to where we need to go. But Dak has to be a lot more than that with no run game and our banged-up line. It's been the Dak and CD show. Let's hope and pray that continues.
Totally agree! The one thing I would like to see is using more of Pollard in the passing game as a supplement to the run game. They use Pollard as a check down but teams are wise and as Dak goes thru his reads the player responsible for Pollard gets closer waiting to blow him up after Dak finally turns to throw that way. They need designed quick passes to him on the run.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
You get a few hours to interview him for HC. Be cognizant of the fact that Dan Quinn is likely not going to go into detail on sensitive topics like next year’s draft, present Cowboy players, and Cowboy FAs next year. That is because Quinn doesn’t want to give away secrets in case he doesn’t get the HC gig.

I wonder if Jerry and other teams have certain management, coaches, and scouts under NDAs. Certain topics are off limit.
How did you guys blow a 28-3 Super Bowl lead? This would be the ONLY question that I'd ask him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You get a few hours to interview him for HC. Be cognizant of the fact that Dan Quinn is likely not going to go into detail on sensitive topics like next year’s draft, present Cowboy players, and Cowboy FAs next year. That is because Quinn doesn’t want to give away secrets in case he doesn’t get the HC gig.

I wonder if Jerry and other teams have certain management, coaches, and scouts under NDAs. Certain topics are off limit.
what is wrong with you Run defense?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

why has your run defense look so bad, will you continue to use whatever you can especially if it's smaller LB's

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In looking back over his stint as HC of the Falcons, what will he do differently?

What lessons has he learned and how will he apply them in the new job.

links18

Reaction score
Are you going to keep asking safeties to play the LB position here, or were you forced into that in Dallas due to the front office's poor personnel acquisition and failure to plan?

kskboys

Reaction score

How did you mess up the Falcons so badly?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Are you going to keep asking safeties to play the LB position here, or were you forced into that in Dallas due to the front office's poor personnel acquisition and failure to plan?
Front office’s poor personnel acquisition? What? You make funny?

Parsons, Odighizuwa, Wilson, Bland, Diggs, Gilmore, Hooker, Bell, etc. Is this your idea of poor personnel acquisition?

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe the same thing that happened in the Jets Super Bowl win. Someone bet a lot of money and Earl Morrall did his part.

“Bubba Smith claimed in his 1983 autobiography, "Kill, Bubba, Kill," that the game may have been fixed to aid the merger of the AFL with the NFL.

Smith, a two-time Pro Bowler who died in 2011, claimed that he initially brushed off the idea that the game was fixed. But years later, he said in interviews that he was told of the game being fixed by "a bookmaker in New York and members of the NFL Players Association." Smith also said that the game didn't sit right with him afterwards and was baffled by how the Colts had the ball inside the Jets' 20-yard line five times in the first half but failed to score.”
Never heard that, but wouldn't doubt it. The world is not a sweet little Kumbyah meadow.

kskboys

Reaction score
Front office’s poor personnel acquisition? What? You make funny?

Parsons, Odighizuwa, Wilson, Bland, Diggs, Gilmore, Hooker, Bell, etc. Is this your idea of poor personnel acquisition?
Is having no starting quality LB's on the roster an example of good personnel acquisition?

JayFord

Reaction score
are you willing to leave the offense in the oc hands and the st in the st coach hands? you oversee the operations but we need you to focus heavily on defense

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Never heard that, but wouldn't doubt it. The world is not a sweet little Kumbyah meadow.
I’ll be posting a YouTube video soon of players who think super bowls they played in were fixed. I will put it in the NFL thread. Eye-opening to say the least.

Majic

Reaction score
1) What do you say to those who believe you are using Parsons incorrectly?
2) Why does your DEF wear down late in the season and struggle to stop the run?
3) Can you explain the decision to try and turn Mazi Smith into yet another 3T?