What questions would you ask Dan Quinn if you were interviewing him for HC?

links18

Reaction score
Front office’s poor personnel acquisition? What? You make funny?

Parsons, Odighizuwa, Wilson, Bland, Diggs, Gilmore, Hooker, Bell, etc. Is this your idea of poor personnel acquisition?
How many LBs did you list? One, who doesn't even play LB?

Xeven

Reaction score
What happened in Atlanta and what will be different if we hire you?

kskboys

Reaction score
Parsons, LVE, Clark, Overshown?
Parsons isn't playing LB. LVE has been injury prone his entire career, and is on IR now. Overshown is an unproven Rook, who is also injured. Clark is a backup.

You actually just proved my point, dude.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How many LBs did you list? One, who doesn't even play LB?
LVE, Clark, Overshown?

Quinn’s defense uses safeties as KBs and also lighter, faster LBs. it is a fusion of safety and LB.

Big bulky LBs are a liability in coverage.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Parsons isn't playing LB. LVE has been injury prone his entire career, and is on IR now. Overshown is an unproven Rook, who is also injured. Clark is a backup.

You actually just proved my point, dude.
Sorry, all 4 listed are NFL starting caliber LBs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What happened in the super bowl?
:hammer:

One of the all-time collapses.

Jimmy Johnson shared a moment he had with DQ about it on one of his shows or podcast interviews. I guess DQ, like Belichick, is another one that likes to go to Jimmy for advice. He mentioned how he told DQ he HAD to hold his coordinators accountable for that collapse and DQ didn't want to do that. I don't remember who all was in the Super Bowl, but DQ had a pretty damn good staff. 49ers Shanahan, Green Bay's LaFleur... alot of the young coaches that are making waves in today's league.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who would be on his staff, specifically on offense. DQ can run a team and defense at a high level but who he has running the offense matters greatly.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
"You think you can convince Micah to follow you here?"
You joke, or maybe you don't, but real potential of that happening. Don't know what their relationship is like now, but #11 was pretty tight with DQ his first two years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You get a few hours to interview him for HC. Be cognizant of the fact that Dan Quinn is likely not going to go into detail on sensitive topics like next year’s draft, present Cowboy players, and Cowboy FAs next year. That is because Quinn doesn’t want to give away secrets in case he doesn’t get the HC gig.

I wonder if Jerry and other teams have certain management, coaches, and scouts under NDAs. Certain topics are off limit.
Dan has already said his main interest in a HC gig is taking over at Seattle if Pete retires.
Pete is thinking of retiring so alot depends on if he does or not.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
but to your question I wouldnt as him anything, but are you ready to start tight now?

GMO415

Reaction score
How in the hell did you blow that SB lead to Brady?